Why do i need to pvp for pve?

im tired of this game.

1 Like

Or join a very casual guild. Even semi-hard core guilds will want to play pvp to get tier so designs like that are bad. They should replace the vault with another that gives you 1 piece of loot from any boss and any item you like as long as you had killed that boss X times in X weeks.

Classic problem, don’t want to know

1 Like

You don’t need to.

5 Likes

Why would you? For versatility gear?

1 Like

Guardian druid BIS was 70% PvP on 9.0

The versatility was broken for PvE, since most of PvE slot from M+ didn’t had vers.

OP doesn’t need BIS gear. It’s just a pointless rant topic number 825637235678235.

And before you ask why do I think that? If he would actually play high end, he would post with his normal retail char, with a bit more detailed post, constructively explaining all the issues he is encountering.

Other than that, I don’t know why one would need to PVP for PVE? As a strict PVE player, I only recall doing PVP back in Pandaria for the legendary cloak questline. Other than that, I haven’t stepped foot in any pvp content.

2 Likes

On 9.0 the PvP boosts gone insane, since was faster to reach the rank (I think was 2800 or 3200) than kill Sire mythic to get a weapon with same ilvl.

For some classes the weapon was like a 10%+ dps boost who helped them a lot on Sire progress.

Well I’m not disagreeing with this. But as said above, this is just for high end. The ones that progressed sire mythic, were top players, that wouldn’t make such pointless threads here, and keep in mind they recognized this problem and fixed it.

I, and alot of other ‘average’ PVE players weren’t affected by it. I’m not pursuing cutting edge and WF clears, and I don’t care if gearing is gonna take 2 weeks longer.

What you are mentioning is a fact, and I’m not arguing with that, don’t get me wrong. But the fact that mid tier players play like this, is their own fault and their own bad decision.

Mid tier players complain that dom sockets is the reason they don’t do a +15 on M+

Want me to say that
 that they are bad and got backfired
 or say that is a skill issue and get called Ion or blizzard defender.

2 Likes

In Classic I have no idea if it’s effective to do PvP for Raiding.

As for Retail, no you do not need to do PvP if you don’t want to. You can sufficiently manage without.

1 Like

In classic you need PvE for PvP

Some trinkets and Legendary weapons give a lot of boost.

1 Like

Yep, I exactly know what you mean.

u guys dont know
 :slight_smile:

for 9.2 tier sets vault give it from 9 slots. if u wanna tier set quickly u need to do pvp, 10 m+ and raid.

check wowhead.

Oh, we know.

You don’t NEED to PvP to PvE, but putting in more effort into content that isn’t all rainbows and fun should obviously give you an advantage. Same way raiders NEED to do M+, or farm gold, or quest, today.

2 Likes

I never cared about getting things “fast” when i was doing cutting edge in legion.

and i won’t care to do it in shadowlands either.

The game is not a chore, do what’s fun for you.

and then your guild has to adjust around that

1 Like

Why does raiders need to pvp same thing actually

You can choose to go and do extra content if you are not happy farming the tier in PVE, but you don’t need to do PvP for PvE in 9.2.

Just like PvP players don’t need to do Raids or M plus to get their tier.

Just like M plus players don’t have to raid to get tier.

Even open world players don’t have to do M Plus, Raid or PvP to get tier.

There is always the option to do more content if you want to, but you are not denied access to tier by not doing PvP. Nor are PvP players denied access to tier by not doing PvE.

Are you in a cutting edge guild, that will participate in a race to WF for Jailer Mythic?

If yes, you have tons of other things to do, and this is the least of your problems.

If no, you shouldn’t care at all, since your performance won’t be so much better for the content you will be participating in.

1 Like

What is it in pvp that pvers want? I can imagine lower tier of tanking gear with versa might be slightly easier/more deterministic to get in pvp, if you know how to play, but thats far from mandatory imo.