Why do people hate Cataclysm?

Pretty much yeah.

LOL challenging dungeons he says. you mean the dungeons that got nerfed into the ground very quickly until they were exactly the same as heroics nowadays

I liked the first raids alot!!
I played enh shammy with doubble spellpower daggers, was insane dps!!
Made (alot!) more dps singletarget then the aoe dudes where able to pull off on halfus hc for example.
The casters got sooo pissed when i outbid them on dkp when sp weapon dropped :laughing:

got recruited to top guild cuz worldoflogs that tier, left after a few weeks after i got all bosses hc down.

Firelands was cool too, but they nerfed my spellpower weapons by then :disappointed_relieved:

Read with attention OP cos I’m going to give you the biggest truth of the wow community.

You see the problem of Cata was neither DS that was a bad patch or the cata HC that where hard (hard cos healers got used to spam heals in wotlk).

You see when cata came out 10 and 25 man raid loot had the same itlv on both normal and HC.
This gave the opportunity to many guild in the world to get rid of 10, 15 even 20 dead weights in their guild, that they had to bring becouse in wotlk the only relevant raid content was the one on 25.
Some of them got benched even on one of the easiest boss normal (Halfus the wyrnbreaker).

Some of them where so entitled than instead of working on their skills they started to play on pirate servers. Where they believe the game was good and not that they are INSANELY bad at this game.

Some of them came back time to time, filling the forums with “game is bad/trahs” and so on.

And where do you think they are now? On classic obv, I can detect a cata benched even by just how they tipe on this forums, becouse after 9 years they are still triggered about it.

So beware op becouse you are the one more close to interact with them, especialy in you play on a pvp server where the “best” of them are.

Cata like all expansion had his high and down, but it was a fine expansion (for me better than the so loved Wotlk for mine taste)

So when you see someone on this forum with a classic char or with no relevant achi on his retail one. Be assured, that guy has been benched in cata by his guild

I forgot the main thing i hated in cata:

Ozruk

does anyone remember the guild changes that got made during cata? wich meant you absolutely got the hell spammed out of you if you were guildless. Why? because in that expansion most of the guilds were nothing but the personal tools of the guildmaster due to the free gold income whenever a guildie looted something

I quite miss all those guild buffs and guild achievs tbh

For me it was mostly the revamped vanilla world. I was actually hyped for it, but not, when the expansion dropped, I saw that most zones not only lost their charm and their relaxing/immersive feel, but many of them became either boring, soulless husks or a complete joke like Westfall, Burning Steppes and Redridge.

That, combined with a rather underwhelming, one-dimensional cartoon villain that was Deathwing (Yes, I know his backstory but in game he was horribly portrayed), and DK being changed beyond recognition just made me quit the game.

Uldum was awesome visually, a meme storywise. Hyjal was just poor Druids/Night Elves being bullied yet again by naughty Twilight Hammer and Ragnaros which was zzzzzzz, and Twilight Highlands were just meh. Deepholm had good visuals and that alien feel which made it interesting and Vash’ir was super cool and unique (an unpopular opinion, I know), but the rest was meh.

Dungeons were fun, but the voice acting in most of them was pure garbage and cringe for the most part.

I liked the worgen and the goblins, but eh , can’t stay subbed because of that. Plus the worgen got shafted at the very start, being given one lousy tree to live in. Pathetic.

So yeah, that’s why I consider Cata one of the worst expansions in WoW, along with BfA. WoD at least I could ignore afterwards. I can’t ignore these two.

2 Likes

US players whined and got dungeons nerfed.

Zone revamp was awful.

ZA/ZG/DM/SFK/ST and other dungeon revamps were bad.

Only one decent raid FL but even that was to short .

Old quest and reward gone .

Shall i carry on ?

1 Like

As a mage player, it removed the talents from me.

I could no longer make builds like i do in Wotlk, for example:

Icy vein/combustion
fire/arcane
frost/arcane
fire/arcane
icyvein/arcane

it was no longer possible to get different spec because they removed my talents.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s baffling that they didn’t foresee this issue/didn’t care enough to do something about it. Right now when you’re leveling an alt you’re time traveling all over the place. I mean, it’s no wonder they give out boosts with each new expansion, i’d also be ashamed of the absolute state of the leveling experience.

I will just never forgive Spine of Deathwing, that thing will forever be my number one go to example of “The idea was great the execution wasn’t” <.<

I liked the zones mostly, but I really did not like the revamp of the old Azeroth or holy powers for paladins (:face_vomiting:).

Dungeons was also quite OK but in Cata we started to see the effects of cross server LFG. Yes this is not because of Cataclysm but it happened during it. To be honest, Cata was the last expansion I actually run dungeons for fun or to gear up. I stopped that in MoP and there are still some instances in MoP I have never visited.

This, maybe most of all. when i heard that flying was going to be in the old world, i made a list of places i would love to see from the sky. kara, blackrock mountain etc, but maybe most of all, the loch modan damn.

well, we all know what happened to the damn and loch modan, so yeah, i was VERY disapointed. but in general, some of the core zones and areas we had known for up to 6 years were just gone. and not for the better in most cases.

yups. the only “original” fight, was 6th boss, but even then we had been on zeplins in ICC 3rd boss. the first 3 and 5th were basically dragonblight, the 4th was EoE and spine was just such a major hated boss that it put so many people off. madness wasn’t sooooo bad i guess, but having done the 7 bosses before, you probably couldn’t enjoy it.

also, lfr coming out and being done wrong, and the fact that DS was out for a year or so added to the hate.

and what was wrong with that? they were only “hard” because people had become too used to lfg and wotlk’s aoe spam dungeons. i would guess that cata dungeons were as hard as tbc ones, and there is nothing wrong with that.

i cant remember the talent system between cata, and wod, but i agree, diviation away from the original design started us towards lazy classes.

in the way he was done, yes he was boring. he could have been done a LOT better. but yeah, coming after Illidan and Arthas was always going to be hard.

i see you have also been talking to the SW cheese spy! :rofl:

same. i had been playing non stop since feb 2007 and even when i tried WAR during early WotLK, i was still activly playing WotLK.

however, during firelands, i just gave up, and went to SWTOR until a couple of months into DS. it was the first break i took. but unfortunately (or not?) it was not the last. (whole of MoP, ToS patch, several 3-4 week breaks throughout BfA)

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY…!

4 Likes

they could be useful, but they got abused like hell. These changes is what made alot of guilds soulles

This expac ruined for me:

1. Dungeons, pre-nerf was fine. Hardly any wipes with my random groups, although I tanked them. Mr. Break upon my body taught me how to move better as a slow pali aswell. I actually learned something from the few deaths against him that made me a better and faster player in terms of reactions! Heck Ultraxxion I was timing the tank button on 0.5-1 sec consistently! Also on how to utilize movement better and became a pro at the troll dungeons.
  2. Thrall and Sylvanas, Sylvanas should have stayed dead and Thrall is just a kill stealer.
  3. 50/50 raid and dungeons removal, I hated how they removed the old raids and dungeons but at the same time happy with the lore progress.
  4. This expansion started my zombie mode leveling, every zone was just 100% linear… I mean I can zombie mode WotLk or TBC aswell but I had free choice there what to do and not to do. Cata started the trend of following the same quest chain in the exact same order on every char!
  5. Removing the zones without us giving us an option to visit the old ones, basicly same complaint as raid and dungeon removal.
  6. Alliance questing was just meme zones! Alliance victories weren’t phased while lsoes were! Felt so appreciated.
  7. Patch 4.3 doesn’t exist the expac ended with Ragnaros and Deathwing just went poof in my mind. I had the potential to go full HC as a solo tank but I burned out on this tier with how bad like mentioned the entire DS raid was. Heck I complained daily about how bad vanilla DIII was designed, yet I still opted to play that over DS!
  8. Only raid I really remembered enjoy doing was FL.
  9. Tol bared battle, also bad.

Liked:

1. 4.0 pre-nerf dungeons
  2. 4.1 and the difficulty of the two dungeons
  3. The entire raid and I quite liked the daily questing zones with marks. It gave me a purpose of slowely grinding out strong rep rewards. That wasn’t RNG! So yeah 4.2 was quite enjoyable.
1 Like

They dumbed the game down in wotlk and tried to switch it back in Cata. For me they made the early dungeons just a little bit too unforgiving especially on healers.

However classes have never really been better since for me. Cata Hunter was immense.

Guildies: PLZ SUMMON!
Blackwing Descent: is literally +/- 1m flying from SW…
Guildies: But you can summon!

I never told the people who kept asking (there were a few but not the majority) how much of lazy people I found them that they exspected me to summon them all the time when BWD was tops 1.5 minutes away! Aggreviated me so much, but did forget it once we got inside.

I don’t hate it, the expansions I dislike the most are BC and BFA. Cata and WoD are my two favorites with legion coming in after them.