Why do people think they're entitled to gear?

why can’t you just let ppl roll for it like we all did… :frowning:

I understand being upset if they let you roll, and then give it to someone else when you win the roll, but if there was no roll and they wanna give it their friend, or someone who did good, that’s up to them.

1 Like

Newbies new rules…

we always rolled… :frowning: why change that ?

Imagine like doing less damage than tank, causing wipes, messing up constantly, then getting mad you didn’t get traded an item. Maybe it was that.

We rolled before personal loot, with personal loot there’s no more rolling, no master loot either. If you get a piece, you can keep it, trade it to friend, or give it up for rolls.

1 Like

yes give it up for rolls… like we always did…

You whisper the person, or ask in chat, if they need the item, and if they don’t, they give it up for rolls. If I’m going into mythic+ with a friend or two, and strangers, I’ll trade friends, I won’t trade strangers I might never play with again. It’s just how it is with crossrealm, some people you never see again.

LFR for example, I remember like half the group died, all mdps, straight near start of fight, basically stood in everything. Titanforged trinket dropped for melee, I didn’t even loot it, just let it come into mail and vendored it. : )

1 Like

Sorry but no, BS. It’s your loot, you may vendor it if you feel like it and you shouldn’t have to make excuses or put up with garbage.

OP, report, ignore, laugh and move on

4 Likes

If two people need the same piece, you let them roll, you did the dungeon together, therefore you shared equal responsibility, and therefore you also share the responsibility of being fair to everyone who contributed.

1 Like

just forget it… newbies doesnt know how to make a fair roll… omfg

1 Like

I love how some people react like this mage’s reaction is normal in case you didn’t answer him.

Did you read what the mage told him? Like, did you really read it? How does anything you do in a game justify such behaviour?

I don’t even care if it’s true or not, the fact that some people think this is okay because “you didn’t answer” shocks me.

4 Likes

True, newbs and weird people will always ignore those who contributed equally and choose friends, over actually showing moral and fair treatment. And this is a prime example, and those comments as well.

Horrible how people can be, at times I even let people roll for what is a minor upgrade for me as It doesn’t really matter in the end. I even tell my friends to suck it up if they lose the item.

I can understand how he felt when you did not reply to his whisper, ignoring someone can be really annoying, however what he said is really beyond stupidity and he should get reported…one thing is to be annoyed and other thing is to nerd rage like a moron…

1 Like

They think that they are entitled because on 1 simple reason:

"I pAY tHe SUb!

1 Like

There are unwritten rules to follow when asking for a favour or a thing in this case.
Like asking someone how they’ve been and replying with “good thanks! You?”, no matter how you’ve been.

It’s the social tune which we all dance to and I’m not gonna bother replying to someone who goes straight for the “i need that”.

1 Like

Those are the polite social ones, that say ‘i need that’, the rest just open a trade window and stare at you, like a gormless frog.

3 Likes

It’s called social interaction, I know you’d rather sit in silence but other people prefer to send a message to someone in hopes of getting something for their character.

If i go into a dungeon helping a friend with the purpose to gear that friend up i’m not gonna give loot to some random unless my friend doesn’t need it, sorry not sorry.

7 Likes

Wow. I’m surprised at some of the responses. People feel ignored too easily lol, if you have a pullhappy tank it can simply be very hard to answer. I have had that happen a number of times as I assume people prefer being healed over dying because of some loot, esp the rest of the group :D.

I will make an effort to reply, sometimes it’s just too hectic or I miss it completely when I have my eyes fixed on healthframes. Don’t assume the worst immediately, and esp don’t see it as a justification to get rude when you ask again. I’ve had that, you can kiss that loot goodbye for sure then.

And people giving loot to friends… of course they do. It’s their loot, they can do whatever the hell they want with it. If someone is so kind as to give it to you, appreciate that instead of feeling entitled to it all the time.

Horrible attitude, ugh.

5 Likes

why does everyone have to die anyway, there are things worse than death, you could curse them with eternal suffering…

but back to topic
well, from your post I take it, you didn’t reply to the mage… actually I would feel disappointed too, but not because you didn’t roll or you gave it to someone else, I would feel disappointed, because you didn’t reply