Why do people think they're entitled to gear?

It’s a vicious circle, some don’t want to reply because of that very reaction. There is no guarantee that if you tell them, sorry I need it, sorry I gave it to a friend that they wont explode at you in that rude manner regardless.

I ran through ABT within the last week before new expansion and this person started off politely asking for the item I was keeping for transmog (I had told them). Then gradually got more and more toxic as my answer remained the same, sorry I came here for transmog, I’m keeping the item. By the end of it they were a ranting lunatic I had to put on ignore.

1 Like

My general rule is if I dont need a piece I ask who does. If 2 people need I set to rolls, regardless of who gets bigger upgrade from it. Its only fair.

Likewise if a piece I need drops I always ask the person “do you need that piece?” if they say yes then I simply say “OK the. Gg and wp all” and that’s that. They may be lying or not really need it but it’s up to them and harassing them over it is pointless. If I ask though there’s a chance they’ll be polite and give me a chance. We’re all on the RNG treadmill here let’s help each other out. Vendoring a loot someone else would get an upgrade from is pretty petty imo given its pocket change, but hey people can do what they like its their right.

1 Like

I have to admit I will ask someone if they need something, if I don’t get a reply I presume they don’t want to say or some say need it, etc and I say gz :slight_smile:

1 Like

its your loot, you can do with it whatever you want to do with it and you can even disenchant it right infront of them.

just report the guy that said that crap to you and move on.

1 Like

You can trade any drops from dungeons or raids with other members your party. As long as it’s not a BoE :wink:

Two member of my M Plus team are not on the same server as me but they still give me all their unwanted loot for me to d/e. It’s just a shame I can’t give them enchants because of cross realm restrictions.

2 Likes

it’s 2019, everyone feels entitled to everything

Don’t be mad, I’d just say “Better RNG next time”.

if im with friends i always give gear to friends.

if someone attacks me over it, or anything similar, i talk back :stuck_out_tongue: works like a charm

I once got scolded in LFR for giving my item away to someone that asked, instead of asking people to roll… Can’t please everyone.

1 Like

It’s worth asking someone who wants an item to wait until the end just in case that’s the only thing they are there for and will leave as soon as they get it.

Going back to the OP. Giving it to someone, anyone else, appears to have been a very good call. With the attitude like that I’d want to disenchant it in front of them rather than hand it over to an utter bellend.

Threads like this make me long for the old times, when there were no random groups and raids were mostly limited to guilds (and the guild master was the master looter). Yes, you can do whatever you want with your loot, but loot etiquette was a thing back then and there were consequences when you looted the wrong item, or refused to give the items you didn’t need to other players.

And that system, mind you, worked. Because yes, the decision was yours what you were going to do with that loot. But the other players also had the option to decide whether they want you in your group or not in the future. I personally would not like to play with you.

Modern WoW is too focused on solo play. I’m glad Vanilla will arrive soon.

for the same reason people cannot wait for classic in hope that comunity will punish behaviour like yours by blacklisting you

they wont.

people enjoy not being abused and having equal chance in /roll.

wouldnt surprise me if in 9.0 blizzard will make all loot non tradable to prevent people from being abused like this.

:joy: abused like what? its a P E R S O N A L loot, its MINE, I can do whatever I want with it.
people asked for personal loot, because they were anti-social friendless creatures, they got personal loot, not live with it :joy:

6 Likes

So, carring for your guild and do the best for the guild is abusing? Nice definition…

2 Likes

This seems to be a rethorical question more than anything. The reason some people feel entitled to get to decide how to give out gear that dropped for you despite no prior agreement having been made is that they’re poor communicators and entitled.

Just don’t group with him again and move on.

Whew m8. Boy am I glad I’m not pugging any more. After all I might run into somebody like you.

If I announce how loot will be given out, or you ask me before the run, then there is a perfect argument to be made. If I say nothing, then I assume that the loot is personal, because we’re using personal loot - if I get the gear assigned to me, I can do whatever the heck I want with it.

there is a reason i stopped giving away loot, i mean if i did stuff with my guild or friends i wouldnt mind giving items away.

I gave away stuff in lfr at first too when loot trading became a thing. But then the majority of people i encountered seemed to get a beggars mentallity.

When doing lfr everysingle time any item drops for me i get 6+ whispers demanding the item i just got. I have gotten quite alot of angry replies and insults when saying i need something for the transmog.

And also lets not forget the way people "ask"for these items

“ITEM GIVE , I NEED”
“U NEED?”
“give item to me”

They dont even ask properly they often demand it in a rude way. Alot of them seem to be automated messages by some add on as well. I have seen quite some messages asking for items less than a second after i looted the item. no person can type that fast. And lets not forget that 75% of the people who roll for the items or demand them actually have better gear on already.

So nowadays when i play with randoms i just put up a /dnd saying “i don’t give to beggars” Since literally every item i get even blue items get demanded by other players. If im really sick of people i just change my chat to the combat log and ignore people entirely

The mage wiped us once and almost wiped us several times because he ran ahead and pulled while we were still fighting another pack to pad his damage, resulting in the other mobs being bolstered like hell. He was by no means contributing equally by making it harder to do the instance. It resulted in me, a 450k hp bear tank with 5 iron furs stack getting three shot by a mob, it hit me for like 200k every hit, the healer couldn’t keep up with that and then it proceeded to one shot everyone else.

I’d so love to meet you in a pug halibae

1 Like

Just chiming in again. I find it HILARIOUS how some people feel entitled to other people’s personal loot.

In this very thread.

You guys missed the personal part? Funny as hell

2 Likes