Why do people think they're entitled to gear?

Uh, actually it would. If I help someone run a dungeon and ask them a simple question, any reply is better than none. It’s just common courtesy. But then again, I’m not rude.

tbh I only had good experiences with that so far. Whenever someone asks and I say “Aleady gave it away” or “Sorry I want the mog” maybe 1/20 people get upset and the rest just go “Okay” and thats it.

I think a lot of people only hear the horror stories like this one, though OP did not really act flawless either, could have just said “giving it to someone else”, people never hear about the countless times there is no issue at all.

I don’t know. Maybe I just have a magic LFR/LFG button that always queues me up with vastly different people than the average, (I really don’t think so.) or most of the stories of the “horrors” of how other people are asking for your loot are heavily exaggerated around here, as a means to justify you not having to deal with people/being plain selfish. In my queues the worst kind of people are people whispering “need that?” and maybe once or twice in the last ~5(?) years of personal loot have I met someone who actually went over the line.

I don’t see the issue with anyone asking me in party/raid/instance/whisper channels if I need that item, I will take those roughly 2 seconds and answer him in kind. If a friend or I don’t need it then I will usually roll it out(if somebody asks in a polite manner I might just trade it away, or if only one person can wear it), if they can equip it they can have it. (The pesky mage rolling for the leather will get merely a disappointed shake of the head.)

I strongly disagree with keeping it for vendoring for ~30 gold instead of trading it to someone who actually needs it. Then again, I played for about a decade in the old system, so to me doing that feels like rolling Need to vendor it - not a very pleasant behaviour, that one.

Because its the main objective of the game…get gear.

Randoms who whisper for gear make me wish I was a enchanter.

“Do you need that?”
“Nope.” zzzzzp ting!

No really, I will put things up for roll if they are available. I’m not a butt. Extend enough trust to me to assume the truth of this, and don’t become one by nagging.

Yikes. Pug life aint worth it. Get a guild or a lot of online friends. U will never go back to pugging.

1 Like

As I mentioned many and I mean many times before puging is the incurable cancer of this game so the only solution is join a community or a guild there is no other way around it that’s tldr version.

1 Like

You will get alot of angry responses if you do that. In 8.1 i mostly did the raids for transmog or for selling the augment rune+ enchanting mats. You get some really angry people when you tell them you are here for disenchanting mats. Some will even try to get you kicked trough the chat. Luckily there are still a few people with common sense in lfr who speak up against that

this week i did the nazjatar raid (the first part atleast) in lfr to see how it was. At the end of the raid some person said in the raid chat. “i need chest”. he didnt even whisper me but just said it in general, then shortly after a trade window got opened with me. In that case i did need it for a tmog, but when people act like that i just act like i did not see anything or just leave if tis the end of the raid

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.