Why do Russian players get free premades?

Hi,
I have “PvP’ed” some recently and noted that every time we are placed against Russian players. (90% are from the same server, specially in AV. Just check the ladder and you see High Ranking players playing AV instead of WSG/AB aka exploiting the “fix” with 5 man group max implemented earlier.

Why are they not splitted between more games? Its a huge disadvantage for the opposite faction.

• High ranked players
  • Speak the same language.
  • The opposite teams gets very bad latency.

Not many positives things about this.
I’m not saying they are winning all the time, but they kinda do if they are premade.

Just wondering what other people think about the matter, since I see often games with many players(sometimes 10+) leaving when they see the ladder upon start if High Ranked russian are in the game. That means premade and just wast of time.

The reason that Russians can premade is because there’s a small pool of them.

As the pool is so small, it’s easy for them to recognise names and jump into cross-server discords. They don’t sign up together like the old premades, they just recognise names.

The way matchmaking works is that players from other language realms can be matched against you, but they can’t be matched with you. Introducing Russians into the same queue as everybody else would fix the Russian premade “problem”…

But then you’d have “I dont wanna play with Russians on my team” threads.

3 Likes

There was a post from a Russian on these forums before saying he tried to solo queue AV and he was in queue for 6hrs with no pop they have no choice but to join the discord premade for instant queue pops as others say the pool of players is so small if you where to split them up so they can only fight eachother then I’m afraid your solution would be preventing them pvping altogether.

The same language thing is totally valid but that’s the same when facing German or French servers. I have no problem facing against russians the only annoying thing is servers give them the name ??? Instead of giving them a random name like a colour or something so you can call out.

1 Like

Yes.

No. That isn’t a premade. That’s not vetting people before queuing with player-made requirements, and doesn’t result in high ranked premades.

Thing is, to explain this, you must first understand what they did to mitigate the premades back in january-february. First they simply made it so you couldn’t see the number of the BG in the queue pop (although a weakaura could still manage to do so).
Then they added a redundancy in the matchmaking itself if I remember the order correctly, where what used to be instant pops were all of a sudden taking minutes to find a match. Thing is, while the amount of people signing is never static, in the gigantic matchmaking pool then there’s always a certain amount of people queuing, basically every second (which includes bots etc.).

So with the redundancy, they artificially increased the pool size of possible matchmakings for teammates even with a much smaller pool compared to the opposite faction. Because what used to be instant and would therefore be limited to the people queuing with the queue timing garbage, it’d instead include everyone signing up in the following couple of minutes into a much larger selection of possible players to matchmake people with.

Then players were intentionally going offline past the expected wait time, so that when they got back online they’d end up in a “priority placement” and when a full 40-man team all ends up in priority placement at the same time, ofc they’d end up in the same AV.
So that was what Blizzard shut down next.

But the thing is, Alliance players were still queuing in enough quantity back then in the gigantic pool, so that those redundancies Blizzard put in would actually be enough. For the gigantic pool only.

With a naturally small matchmaking pool, it’s possible just through normal queue timing manipulation still.

No. That’s misunderstanding the nature of what they’re doing. You’re talking like there’s less than 40 players on Russian realms queuing for AV. That isn’t exactly true. While there’s not many in comparison to the gigantic pool, it’s not like it’s empty over there.

What they’re doing is basically what EU Alliance did back in December-February.
While they had the population figures to fill up the queue more normally, there was a lot of Alliance players who simply didn’t queue for AV outside of their premades’ predetermined times to play. So with much fewer random “injections” into the matchmaking pool on their end, the pool would artificially become smaller. Even though there were enough players to fill it properly. This is what Russians are doing to their matchmaking, because it’s a natural consequence of normalizing premade exploits to AV.

The real question is why Blizzard’s language support sucks. Why is cyrillic ok, but not other alphabets? Why doesn’t the game transliterate the symbols to the chosen client’s language? So a name with cyrillic symbols would instead become the letters the symbols means, but with Roman letters, to players using a client with language support for the Roman alphabet.
That way, EU players wouldn’t see Russian players with cnEmvXewtFEAaTni in their name (a bit of an exaggeration, but it does look like that to normal people who doesn’t go out of their way to learn another alphabet just for playing a damn game).

With the rise of translation software in the world, it’s not unthinkable for Blizzard to show some proper ingenuity once more and bring in a translation software specialized for common in-game terminology as well. That’d help a long way with overcoming region gaps and communication issues.

Greek is okay as well :slight_smile: Πάμε ρε μαλάκαςςςςςςς

If you go onto the AV battlemaster and see how many AV are currently active and this is for the entire battlegroup the pool of russians will be in 2 game out of example 15 active games because of their small pool of they were forced to only fight eachother they would be only able to fill 1 game with both sides premading and everyone else queuing will be left out in the dark with no queue popping as the premades will simply drop the queue if not enough of the premades queue pops forcing solo queuers to join games that will close due to not enough players.

As for the names there doesn’t have to be a direct translation just same as alot of games swap out curse words if it’s cyrillic it can assign randomly a name from a character in the game for example or a colour or anything really so it’s easy to identify

I mean in player names. You can use any symbols in chat channels (although it becomes a little weird when you put in symbols like korean, chinese etc.) but not in character names.

And why doesn’t Blizzard bring in translation software options for that stuff. It’s bad for everyone when they don’t do that.

git good

All players in the rest of realms know what “cap ib” means, no need for a high skill of English.

False.

The only thing that I think would be nice is if the game transliterated the names of those players to Latin, but that could be done with an addon.

Oh yeah, you’re right! I wanted to use Greek for my character name, but “computer said no”.

Chat channels do not support Arabic alphabet, by the way :frowning:

Ah, I see. It’s not like I’ve tried every alphabet in the world, so I didn’t know they were still blocking some in the chat channels. It’s just another example of how their language support sucks in the game though.

Thing is, Blizzard were the ones insisting on first separating language groups into their own servers when they became disruptive enough on the English servers (I know it sounds mean, but back in vanilla etc. it was a thing for some servers to have entire factions dominated by a specific language. Imagine every chat channel using a language other than English, for new players. It was pretty rough.). Then they brought them back to fill up their automated queues for dungeons, BGs and then LFR and so on, and then into the endless shards of CRZ to make the world seem more populated even if people happened to be playing on small servers.

But they never addressed the language barriers. The social disharmony.

For the game to improve for everyone, and would enable a smooth removal of regional barriers, they need to bring in transliteration alternatives of player names, better language support in the clients for other alphabets, and translation software options for in-game chats.

The technology exists already (nothing is perfected yet, but they work good enough to translate written text for most of what people have to say to each other, and in-game terminology can be manually filled in by Blizzard employees into the software). It’s just about demanding it from now on in order to make it happen.

I know there is a US server that is full of Chinese, but I don’t remember which one exactly.

maybe because they have like 1 populated realm per faction?!

Then they can play against each other on the same realm.

1 Like

It’s not that they don’t have the players. It’s that their players are choosing not to queue. Because they know they need to be part of premades to queue. In other words, you can’t know how many of them aren’t queuing just by looking at the number of games. Because they LITERALLY ARE NOT QUEUING BY CHOICE.

They’re draining their own matchmaking pool. They’re taking their already small matchmaking pool, and making it smaller.

Another way to put it is that for every AV premade they’ve got, there’s at least 40+ players part of each premade’s discord who doesn’t even want to queue outside of when the premade queues.
So when one matchmaking pool is small enough to do premade exploits, they will, as a natural consequence of organizing that crap, turn it into an even smaller matchmaking pool. Because what’s the point of queuing alone for AV if you can be part of a premade?

I have yet to see an actual solution to this supposed problem. The only thing that could be done is merge Russians with EU but there’s a reason they’re segregated. It’s because that’s what people wanted. Completely separating Russians doesn’t actually solve anything since they could still premade. It would just be someone else’s problem not EU Horde’s.

Ever watched them play?
It only makes IT fair now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.