Why does Mythic difficulty exist again?

Couldn’t they just make Heroic more difficult? I’m still confused as why this format exists.
Also, normal and heroic dungeons are boring/easy and reward trash gear, they might as well not exist.

6 Likes

For leveling, learning the dungeon and initial loot :slight_smile:

Normal dungeons are leveling dungeons.
Heroic dungeons are for … blue items on max lvl?
And mythics are for purple gear.
Yeah, I think one of the difficulties could be scrapped when M+ system is in place.

Blues as trash though. They’re relevant, for what? 2 weeks after the expansion first launched?

I’d argue since Normal scales, it should reward the blue gear at max level.
Just scrap Heroic difficulty on both Raids & Dungeons. It serves no purpose.

1 Like

personally id have lfr, normal (some tactics required), heroic (all the tactics required), heroic (to replace mythic) but with addons completely disabled.

You keep the 4 levels (which im okay with) but mythic will actually test players and show just how inept and unskilled players actually are without their crutches and puts skilled players on the same platform as those laden with addons and separates the chaff from the skilled.

2 Likes

If you read the rest of my post, you’d find out that i agree with you.

Then at least we have to make mythic dungeons queuable. And I progress normal and heroic on raids, so I certainly think it has a purpose.

1 Like

Well, lower level dungeons now scale, so the argument for keeping them around for levelling purposes is moot.

So merge Heroic down into it - difficulty hits heroic when you hit max level. Simple as that.

Mythic is a step up and therefore doesn’t have LFD. If LFD needs to exist, so too does two difficulties.

We don’t need any more.

I don’t care what they call them, but yeah - I fundamentally agree with your point, OP.

1 Like

This would be interesting!

What about no ? Did any player clamining that have any idea what is mythic past Free pinata loot ??? I guess not realy.

A single timing failed, a single bad position , a single DPS wasting his CD can wypeout the raid in a snap .

Blizzard keep in mind raid because Add-on, if they scrap it , they have to go back to “hard” design like Classic/BC since it will be litteraly impossible for 99% of the playerbase to do any serious M boss.

Addons are training wheels. They should be disabled for everyone permanently.
Then, only the truly good players would remain on top.

1 Like

Personally I think M+ was added purely for the E-sports brand.
It also took a lot of people away from Raiding, and without any tier set bonuses and other cool rewards, the Raiding community has been barren… At least on the Alliance side…

I wish they could’ve get rid of M+ all together, normal Mythic is alright. It can be scaled to be more difficult. But I miss doing Raiding and finding people so easy for it.

Then you have 3rd party programmes outside of the game which take the place of addons.
Removing addons in game will only force them out of game.

M+ was “fan service” based on the well received Challenge mode dungeons from Mists of pandaria.

People had for at least since TBc asked for dungeons based challenges, even the scaling. It took tjem several expansions to finally find form that works. It was tweaked, tinkered and altered untill we got M+ in Legion which was also well received.

It is one of those features in wow that has been asked very long time. It is not perhaps exactly what people from TBC+ had in mind, but it is close enough.

I struggled a lot with this too.
HC’s were the thing. Now HC’s are the previous normal.
And normal is full of potato mobs without strategy at all.

It’s quite confusing.

all of the difficulties that are in game serve a purpose, LFR is there and queueable for people that dont have time to form their own groups or cannot commit to a specific schedule, normal is there for casual players who want to experience the content in organised groups, heroic is there for people who want more of a challenge, and mythic is there for people who want to push the more difficult content in a structured manor.

mythic is 100% needed as it allows the raids to be balanced more efficiently, which is why it was introduced in the first place. people always complained about certain bosses being easier on 10 man, like heroic garrosh being solo healed by a holy priest, or thok the bloodthirsty being easier on 25 man because you could stack group wide defensives. so the best way to make things fair was to set a default raid size for the hardest content and they chose 20

in terms of dungeons the same kind of theory persists, while they are not particularly difficult mythic dungeons are there to give more of a challenge at the start of an expansion/patch and then have the scaling system in M+. while normal dungeons are used for leveling and heroics are there to get initial gearing done and are queueable

The purpose of M+ is to have us grind the same content ad nauseam so that we’re distracted enough not to notice this allows them to make less content for the game.

K I’ll bite, how exactly is fixing the God awfull standard UI comparable to training wheels?

What is your experience with addons or mythic for that matter to claim anything worth to be take into account by any regular forum pedestrian?

None. I don’t use any, because I don’t feel like I need to. The UI is by me.

Addons that change the appearance/layout of your UI are fine.
But there are many others that give direct help in combat: when X phase starts, your opponent’s cooldowns, etc.