Why does Mythic difficulty exist again?

See, when I’m in a boxing sparring session I have direct info I can rely upon. I see the timer left on the wall, I feel how tired my opponent is and I can read his movements to get somewhat an educated opinion of what he is going to do next.

Most of the time in a MM encounter the visual information is limited at best, I can’t tell when certain mechanics are going to occur unless I get a timer for it because this is not bloody virtual reality. Also, said timer does not tell me how to react to it.

How much mitigation I use, how do I administrate my CDs or the external ones? When I use HS/HP?

A raid encounter is about muscle memory and repetition. The first version of anything similar to BW/DBM was coded during Nihilum’s progress during 4Horsemen, guess how was done before the addon became a thing? Forum posts, notes and so on.

Addons are basically a way to present information in an efficient manner, you still need to be somewhat capable to use that information wisely. When they really break rules and become training wheels they are usually banned. May I also say, certain addons allow deaf people for example to play the game in it’s most difficult version.

PS: You have no experience with addons, yet you apparently know very well what they do?

3 Likes

There you go.

Btw do you really need an addon that says “Run out of the fire” or “Boss is casting. INTERRUPT!”?

Regarding timers, you can make your own timers via macros that you can refresh yourself. It’s one more button to keep in mind but I’d rather have that than have an addon that shows me a list of boss abilities it automatically tracks.
It’s the same with having enemy player cooldown tracking addons. It removes the human element out of the fight and turns it into a script.

So it is not about addons but only about something like dbm?

How about a big huge NO

People with disabilities need addons

Poor sighted
Hard of hearing
People that need other addons to overcome obstacles .
Some of the above are in heroic and mythic guilds you want to take away there fun ?
People like you who make post after post about random stuff really need to look at whole picture and think before posting .

You actually know there are casts that you can’t interrupt, right? Same exact animation and visual effect, different outcome.

Let me tell you what would happen if BW was banned, I’d have a notebook next to me with every information I need and also a timer that I would start on pull. Hell, since we actually live in the 21st century I’d have that on a second screen.

And ffs what’s the difference between setting a macro instead of having an addon programed?

Dunno about Rompuche. But personally, I don’t care about cosmetic addons. Or addons that help you track your own abilities like TMW which I use myself. I have a problem with enemy abilities tracking addons be it PvP or PvE.

I don’t partake in PvP let’s take it out too.

If you don’t like an optional activity in the game just don’t undertake it. EASY.

1 Like

I don’t like gold lets take that out too

1 Like

yes we do :slight_smile:

Because the scaling tech wasn’t implemented yet and or blizzard wanted a weekly queue for dungeons too.

Uninterruptable casts are displayed with a shield around it. You can argue that it could be displayed better but there is an in-game indication you can’t interrupt.

That’s a fair point.

So is using Blizzard given info but presented in a different way cheating?

Again addons just help us to administrate information. The same exact info everyone has access to through Blizzard UI. Just arguably better, or rather, in a personally tailored manner.

I have been lately found it silly and stupid how the gearing up works now. In old times, when you ran Heroic dungeons and got drop, you know you are getting highest ilvl drop of dungeons. Now you hardly have any drops from dungeons and if you aren’t getting boosted the drop is only 5 level higher. So if you get drop now, you know you are going to come back into this dungeon to try get this drop again, but on 1-2 level higher key. Then there is this bs RNG where your azerite might not be the good ones or the weekly chest is giving you piece that is not upgrade. In old times I ran dungeons and I felt I am progressing. These days I just run 1 dungeon a week and do random stuff, like PVP, to gain PVE gear. Also old times there was mechanics difference between Normal and Heroic dungeon, what made it more entertaining. Also these days raids have way less to offer- You got no longer awesome armor tier sets and raids are no longer only means to get gear upgrades. What also means there is less value in guilds.

You don’t have access to raid boss timers & PvP foes cooldown through Blizzard UI.

We should make this easier by concentrating all gold in a single random char. Mine for instance.

1 Like

Ive missed u and ur gold posts :hugs: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You can literally see mechanics in guides presented ingame, timers can be checked as you test a boss.

I takes to someone with arguably pretty low programing skills to set automatic timers with those two factors. Hell I’m a 3D artist and I program my own WA since I find BW/DBM limited for my taste.

I’d do that with third party software unliked to WoW if I didn’t had access to ingame tools. It would be less efficient and more annoying for sure, but somewhat similar.

I’d like to have only one difficulty per dungeon/raid, so they will actually have some identity, but not going to happen cause $$$

So it’s not on the UI then.

Training wheels.

My God, it is. Is just presented differently. Is Blizzard cheating when they present the info themselves in the Aszhara fight regarding the seals?