Why does the horde refuse to 1vs1?

So today i did the invasion and first i fought against a dumb taruan but as soon as i was finishing the mobs then he ran away and after i finished the invasion the blood elf i challanged to a 1vs1 never showed up they only dare to fight when they outnumber one or if they cannot get away why’s that?

5 Likes

So today i did the invasion and first i fought against a dumb worgen but as soon as i was finishing the mobs then he ran away and after i finished the invasion the night elf i challanged to a 1vs1 never showed up they only dare to fight when they outnumber one or if they cannot get away why’s that?

15 Likes

I asked first and besides we’re still rebuilding The kal’dorei land. And you’re ignoring the topic so you’re clearly a salty troll there’s upsad about our Bonuses.

1 Like

Drae was trying to tell you the same thing I will tell you now.

Alliance ALSO does that. Both sides gank, make raids,run away from 1v1 to get back with 5v1. BOTH sides does this.
So please don’t start telling me how alliance are honorable warriors who always fight fair and stuff while horde are gutless cowards.

…actually. Do tell me this. I could use some good laughs now.

11 Likes

In short i never flee from a 1vs1 but the horde does.

1 Like

Thats your personal philosophy how you chose to play in wpvp. Everyone makes their own rules. Sure, you can be high and mighty paladin who will always be fair. Thumbs up for you…but there are other people who have different views. Some only engage in pvp when they are 5v1. Some just stealth attack when you are low HP and etc.

Am I saying they are playing wrong? No. I enter the wpvp, I make my own rules how I will engage. Either I am Mr.Fair who will only fight in fair 1v1 or I am a dirty scumbag who ambushes 4v1. Thats every player’s decision on what to do and there are no “right” or “wrong” decisions.

7 Likes

Play on both sides and you will see the same pattern :slight_smile:

I was on a half naked shammy in Aszuna the other day, most of the alliance players I attacked was at least 6 lvls higher, and only attacked back when I continued to attack them.

They could have punched me one time before moving on, but chosed to ignore me because my attack dammage was so low…

What I experinced and you experince are typical behaviour from PvE players who are in WM for the % rewards, not for the player fights - they run for backup so they can finish their quest in peace :slight_smile:

7 Likes

There are no rules in WM. Yes, have your own personal rules, but why would others play by your rules.

Do whatever is fun, that’s how I see it! I like 1v1, but due to lack of skills, 2v2, 3v3 is hard. Trying to do better. In the mean time, yes, due to lack of skill, 2v1, 3v2, etc is a lotta fun! Ye skill issues, but doing what’s fun, because video game.

4 Likes

Then they’re sad people i am within Warmode for the challange i used to get from the isle game but they made it to hardcore so i quitted and for the rewards.

No, they are people that like to survive and win. Thinking otherwise is naive.

4 Likes

No they’re not they laugh and spit on people they 5vs1 they’re northing but losers and if you agree with them you’re no better then them anything else you say there’s like that just further proves my point.

Really irrelevant thread. Remember that people are individuals and most of the people don’t mind playing both faction. So to rephrase your question: Why does people run away and refuse to fight? It is in our nature to do so.

6 Likes

Awesome question, and very relevant :slightly_smiling_face:

We do see some of that faction pride, I guess it just lie within us - see how people are when it comes to footbal :wink:

And I sometimes think these chars are an extention of how we see yourselves, and act upon that :slight_smile:

During those fights I encountered a couple of evenings ago, I experinced one time with a fight against a feral, that I ended in a small panic when I was loosing… Giving a random facesmash to my keyboard in the hopes of winning with that :wink:

It’s not like I die myself, but I kinda reacted like I did: “NOOO, I die” :sob:

I think some people would react the same way, just with fleeing or getting help from others - they don’t like the feeling of being close to death, even if it’s just a virtuel one

2 Likes

Or its just fun to deny the opponent a kill. And why not. It is up to the opponent to kill you, not up to you to help the opponent kill you if unwinable. If they can’t stop your escape, its their own fault. Ofc important part of PvP is the finish, you allow them to escape, you made it harder to finish em, but the chase is fun!

I have a no escape policy, but sometimes they escape. If I can, I will try to escape. It’s fun to see if you can get away, with glider for example. It’s also fun to watch them try to catch you. S’all good, whatever is fun do it :slight_smile:

This situation of lots of possibilities is what I love about WM. The various choices we could make, and the choices of others affect the outcome. Wheras other pvp games are just point and shoot, WM is very rich with possibilties for randomness.

3 Likes

if he was a melee class the point in fighting ret is not there you will just get deleted by his insane damage while he sits in his bubbles

3 Likes

Probably cause you’re a Paladin. You won’t die 1 v 1 against the majority of classes so why bother?

The game is horribly balanced 1 v 1

3 Likes

Correct. You don’t flee, you bubble-hearth.

7 Likes

allways laughing when i see posts and topics like the one this mighty badass god level Paladin made that actually THINKS what he says is 100% correct and the truth.

9 Likes

Hey. Its good entertainment at least!

3 Likes

Mmmmm in my last incursion which was in drustvar, I was attacked/ganked by 3+ alliance around 3 times and am ok with that, since my wm is on all times anyway. The question that I would like to ask however, can I ask now "why does the alliance refuse to 1vs1? :slight_smile: