Why does the middle east have to pay western price for sub

this is so unfortunate cuz many of my friends are from 'Iran" who play wow. they end up playing classic cuz they cant afford box cost

The sub price is the same for all games unless you mean buying the expac’s

4 Likes

You shouldn’t get special treatment of pricing just because you’re from the middle east the game costs money to make and has a box standard sub price which is fair I’d be pretty annoyed if someone from the middle east got it cheaper because “middle east”.

Pay the sub or play something else.

4 Likes

the running costs for the game are also paid in eur/usd

3 Likes

They should be charged twice as much considering the vast majority of them are bot-like players who just play to sell gold for a living

13 Likes

Price is the price. Pay it or dont pay it.

1 Like

Because Blizzard has to pay western price for developing and maintaining the game. Despite popular belief, sub isn’t just pure profit for Blizzard, its used to cover the cost of running the game. Sure they profit off some of it, but they are a business, not a charity.

Gaming is a luxery, not a living need.

Edit: From time to time Blizzard evalautes regional possibilities to add fixed currency shops. However, with the rise of unfair practices like VPNs to bypass country restrictions to buy subscriptions it may or may not be added as steadfast or other concerns like laws requiring Blizzard to have an office within the country to prop up the currency shopping and so forth.

4 Likes

Woohaa woohaa, shouldn’t the middle-east play with the east and the middle-west with the west? What is going on here?!?! :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

On a serious note, WoW Europe will have prices for European countries. Can’t expect it different unless they had servers in their region.

If you meant box prices, yeah I think its reasonable if those were a bit more in line with the average income in one’s country.

1 Like

Be a good “friend” then and pay instead of them

They have other privileges.
We can make a deal. If they send me a barrel of gasoline each month I’ll pay for their sub.

Back when I was still living there a full tank of gas for my car would come out like 2 euroes after conversion.

In eu you have to sell a kidney for half a tank

1 Like

You’ll have to make do with a kidney stone instead.

1 Like

I live in a comparatively wealthy European country, like most of us here do, and gaming is not a luxury. The subscription price and the expansion cost are a tiny fraction of my annual income, and that is the same for most of us in western countries.

Even if I was completely unemployed, in the worse case I’d be getting 568 euros per month and my rent would get paid by the state, and WoW would still not be a luxury. It would still be one of the cheapest forms of entertainment.

It is, however, not the same for people who live in countries where income levels are much lower and where the cost of a WoW expansion may equal a sizable portion of someone’s monthly income. In Iran, which is what OP mentioned, the average monthly income of a working person is somewhere under 400 euros and they don’t get their rent paid.

That is why regional pricing is a very common and sensible practice in (not just) the gaming industry. It aims to equalize the relative cost of a product or a service based on local living standards and income levels.

4 Likes

It is a luxury just because you don’t deem it as a luxury doesn’t make it not one, Anything that isn’t a necessity within life is a luxury

4 Likes

It is a shame that you so obviously can’t afford the luxury a little compassion, then.

4 Likes

Compassion to give someone a prodcut that I pay the same price for cheaper?

compassion has nothing to do with it, its called being equal and not crying in a corner expecting to get things cheaper because of where you’re natively from.

If you had so many issues in that situation you can easily afford to ignore gaming get an education move country and get a well payed job and then play the games you so never could afford previously in the future.

Stop wanting hand outs and when someone gives you logical rebut say they have no compassion like anyone should have compassion for someone who can’t play a game you’re meant to be an adult act like one.

Also your name is so ironic its laughable.

Regional pricing for products has nothing at all to do with “hand outs”. Why would it be a handout if someone paid 2% of the average monthly income in their country for a product if that is what everyone else relatively also pays?

It does indicate a lack of compassion if you cannot put yourself in the shoes of someone who works as much as you hopefully do, would like to play the same video game that you enjoy, but has to pay 20% of their salary for what you trivially spend less than 2% of yours on, and then brush that person off by saying “it’s a luxury, too bad you can’t afford it”.

4 Likes

Are you sad that pasta over there cost cheaper as well? :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Pasta is super cheap where I live so the jokes on you.