Why force a PVP player to do PVE?

Adding to this. The pvp progression system we do have, the honour system, is nothing short of torture.

Has anyone done the math on how much work it actually is to get rewards from this? 8800 honour per level, 300-400 per BG win, with rewards stretched out over 500 levels?!

I get that there are people who are grinding it, I get that it goes across characters, but when the “Legendary” essence reward, which is supposed to be a large grind for 1 patch is equivalent to 12 levels, you’ve got to wonder what sort of effort they think is required to reach 500. (There are not 47 patches in an expansion)

1 Like

pvp is not simple inaff rewording to be worth the time .

Takes 1 year if you only play pvp in game between 1-500 honor levels.

1 honour level a day already feels like a chore and I actively enjoy BGs, and that’s not even going to get me there :stuck_out_tongue:

I make all world pvp things on all chars , 30+ random bg and 5+ epic bg wins a day. Also opening supply chests which gives a little honor inside of it.

Arena + rated bg for honor too.

Most people got 325 honor level from previous expension and leveled 175 more.

While I grinded it from 25 honor level. Tomorrow I’m 490 honor level I think. And in the weekend 500 honor level hopefully.

Each bg lasts 4 minutes to win for me. Because I join bgs with 5 people 2k cr group mostly.

Whereevee I queue german alliance , german horde , russian horde , russian alliance ,eu alliance there are only wins.

Also I cap all chars 500 conquest on wednesday and rest for a week :stuck_out_tongue: not a daily win player.

Good for you.

They might change that honor system on next expension. Honor levels ach were 25 maximum on legion. Now its 500 honor level.

Why force a PVE player to do PVP?

With the current event, OldCrappyAV is the best way to level…so sadly i have to lose a million times since i’m leveling an alliance character. The devs just don’t know what they want with the whole PVP debacle.

1 Like

I think there is an another solution for this. If they want more PvE oriented people do PvP and if PvP players don’t want to do PvE for gearing, I mean if PvP and PvE will be done with similiar or same gearing, then they should bring PvP vendors back and put that same gearing to that vendors. With this way, PvP players will buy it with their rating/PvP efforts and they will even be able raids and M+ runs if they want. PvE players will go their regular way and farm that gearing with their PvE efforts and the same gearing will be enough to do causal PvP maybe even low rated PvP activities. Two different ways leads to same city. What PvP players thinks about this? Doing PvP with same gearing is not a good idea or something?

It’s fine - as long as I can get the same ilvl from pvp vendors as I can get from M+10 for example.

4 Likes

It will be same or very similiar with M+ runs. I think rio score inspired from PvP rating, correct me if I am wrong. Today for example when you finish a M +6 key, your end dungeon chest contains an item with 415 ilvl and your weekly chest contains a 425. M+ 6 means 600 rio score. With same mentality, when you reach 600 rating, your weekly PvP chest will contain a 425 item. And when you reach 600 rating, you will go to PvP vendor and get 415 items for free. After you reach 700 rating, PvP vendor will start to show you 420 version of same items and so on. But I am not sure how this system works on PvP. I don’t know if this system works well on PvP. Is there any mistakes?

They should just return the previous gearing system as it was in WOD. Crafted, Honor, Conquest. Then rated bg participation will also increase.

Blizzard are notorious with fixing things that are not broken.
I have a feeling that their superiors have some sort of agenda: “Ok guys, next expansion we should bring more changes. What shall we change this time?” Then they change something that was working fine, just for the sake of changing because their managers want it.

4 Likes

Old system won’t come back, the people can’t find the vendors(a wise man once told us)

7 Likes

Haha, but they can find the weekly pve chest, can they.

8 Likes

And thats why many people like me get burn out after few hours.
You see, I want to spam BGs and do arenas with duels but hey, I don’t get rewarded or if I get its uper crap compared to the pve.
Why should I dare to go 2.4k+ for 430+ gear when I can do easy +10 dungeon and heroic raid.
My problem is.

1. PvP rewards are bad compared to the pve ones.
  2. PvP gear is too RNG and the drop rate is so low.
  3. Bad PvP class balance ( of all expansions ) , even TBC had better ( inb4 the hate I will say that during TBC only certain classes/specs were pvp viable while now most are ).
  4. No residium in the pvp chest , WHAT? This is the way that Blizz say" scriuw the PvP just do PvE".
8 Likes

Does PvP chest needs 2.4k rating for 430 loot?

I think what you’re saying does hold some weight, but I have faith in Blizzard only wanting what’s best for the game. Many companies like EA are as transparent as water with their money-grubbing ways, but Blizz do seem to genuinely care about the game and whether its player-base is having fun. That’s how you make money. By giving the people quality entertainment.

Do you consider rng on top of rng, endless grinding and more grinding quality entertainment?

4 Likes

if i remember correctly not sure if its preach interview or other interview they ask ion about pvp vendor and he said no basically , but they are too early anyway in shadowland land so my guess it will be the same as new SL mythic system , were after you finish mythic weekly you get chest that contain 6 pieces and you have choices between 6 random pieces , my guess they will do the same thing with pvp 6 pvp gear if we think ( blizz-like ) logic

Yes. I am affraid that ION will not find the pvp vendors in time for “land of shadows”.
Maybe he will find a gearing system more crappy than BFA.
Ion is very good at “finding” :poop: systems.

2 Likes