Why horde?

No dwarves on horde side, why do people insist going horde? This makes me very sad. I don’t want to stare at a mud hut in Orgrimmar, I want to be in a real city, inside a mountain surrounded by snowy lands. This is where real fantasy lies.

5 Likes

Horde have the coolest mounts. That would be one of my strongest arguments to play them.

I played on RPPvP (HordE) originally, so I can’t bring myself to play Alliance for long (even though their community on my server is pretty good). Also:

• Humans are the epitome of boring. Boring looks, boring dance, boring animations, boring (but strong) racials, boring (but well crafted) city, boring zones. Only thing good is the music, but even that bores me.
  • Dwarves rock, but I absolutely hate their starter areas (even though I love Winterspring, go figure) and I’m not a fan of Ironforge (despite it being very thematic and having incredible music)
  • Playing a Gnome makes me feel like Big Ears from the Noddy books I used to read when I was a kid. Ugh. That been said, there is some comedic value in creating a Gnome with a creepy smirk and calling him Larrylaffer.
  • Night Elves… they feel very watered down in WoW, they don’t feel like the savage yet noble race from WC3. That been said, I love their zones, city and music.
1 Like

Ali has better cities and zones, Horde has more interesting races.

Heres your answer:

Ouch, shots fired.

That quite upset me to see someone say that about my beloved dwarves.

Im just teasing you :smiley:

You little rascal you.

Because it’s the faction I chose in 2004/05.

That simple.

The best thing the Alliance has is Duskwood, I find myself making alts just to play through that place(not humans, I make dwarfs and send them to sentinel hill), Duskwood has the best atmosphere I ever saw in one of these games

1 Like

Humans are boring.
Dwarves are super ugly.
Gnomes are cool, but they don’t even have their own city.
Night elves are kinda cool but also kinda lame, always talking about druids and trees and stuff.
And Draenei lol no comment, what even are those creatures.

On the other hand, UD are cool dark edgelords, Orcs are goofy zug zugs, Trolls are funny rastas, Tauren are awesome cow dudes and Mulgore is super nice, and i’ll admit I hate Blood elves but only a handful of weirdos play that race anyways, and usually it’s the palatank so we tolerate him because otherwise we’d spend even more time looking for a tank.

EDIT : I forgot I was in Classic forums not TBC classic forums, so you can disregard my comments about dranei and blood elves.

4 Likes

Benefits at being Horde in classic:

Better flight paths: FP in Swamp, second FP in STV.
Better cross continental network: The Zepelins are overall more strategically located than the Alliance ships.
Having to go through hostile territory at safer levels: As Alliance you have to get past the 1000 Needles lift which can be annoying if the mobs agro at that level. As horde you just need to go through the low level Loch Modan when you outlevel the guards by 10.

Overall more fun/cool racials, dances, looks

Better win ratio in the BGs:

1 Like

Frankly speaking I love Alliance leveling. Elwynn forest, Redridge and Duskwood are by far my favourite locations, I just … I just hate barrens :smiley:

1 Like

I’m the opposite :smiley: I feel at home in the Barrens, Durotar and Mulgore. I think that the thing I most missed in my 9-ish years absence from WoW (from Cata to Classic) was the early leveling zones - and their music! Listening to WoW and TBC soundtracks just made me sad before Classic because I thought I’d never get to experience them again… Luckily for me that wasn’t the case!

2 Likes

EY, I mainly play NELFS cause the SHADOWMELD.
I can escape easily, or camp near flags in pvp.

All other racials are just blaah.

Worgens maybe second, then Dwarfs third and after that i have no interest with the rest really.

Why not play both?

1 Like

I love both factions but my preferance is to play as shaman Orc, thus its Horde. But if I had more time and if I could play every class it would go like this: Sham: Orc, Warrior:Human, Mage:Gnome/Undead, Rogue:Dwarf, Warlock:Orc, Druid:NE/Tauren, Disc/holy Priest:NightElf, Shadow priest:Troll/Undead, Hunter:Troll.

1 Like

green human, necro human, cow human, 3 digit blue human, blond ear human. very interesting

I levelled a hunter on alliance side all the way to 60… but I felt dirty and digusting about it
… so I ended up leveling a 60 hunter on horde side just to make up for it… I have 2 horde hunters now :hugs:

I mained horde since TBC and intended to main horde in Classic too. I just prefer the horde aesthetic. It was clear from the start though that it was going to be over populated so made the decision to go Alliance instead. I actually enjoyed playing the Alliance this time around.

More people should consider rerolling. I think it’s ridiculous that Blizzard is implementing changes because of horde players complaining about queue times. It will only further worsen the faction imbalance. They all made a concious decision to roll horde knowing the consequences of playing an over populated faction.

3 Likes