Why is BFA gear so ugly?

It seems like they’ve gone back to the WotLK standard of making most dungeon drops look like crap fit for a peasant.

17 Likes

Isn’t your chest mog from a dungeon?

4 Likes

And that is AFTER they promised that because we wouldn’t have class sets, we would get more AND better looking sets overall. Blizzard has lost its touch. Art department for gear is crap and many things are limited by the game engine. Most of the gear is painted on your body with some 3d textures. This game is a joke

28 Likes

Just because your mog sucks doesn’t mean BFA gear is ugly. Plenty of cool pieces from all kinds of activities.

But atleast you got to whine about something again so you got that going for ya.

18 Likes

Dungeons sets are ok. Raid sets however are horrible.

10 Likes

I’m quite fond of my BFA quest set.

I like the Kul Tiras leather dungeon set too.

2 Likes

I sort of like a lot of the gear options, especially from Naz/Mecha/EP… but none of them speak to me as appropriate for a monk.

Too generic, which really means too rogue-y. Would like to see class sets back, because unless I raise a rogue to suit the style, none of these visuals are ever going to be in my mog lineup.

2 Likes

I’ve been using heirloom transmogs because even the Vanilla stuff looks more interesting than this drab BFA garbage.

I guess Blizzard thought pirate transmog would be enough to keep us satisfied for an entire expansion?

5 Likes

Cool, congratulations. clap clap

And yep, thats exactly what they were thinking. You’re so smart, you see right through their plans. So amazing! Wow!

The entire game should be tailored to you!

:face_vomiting:

11 Likes

Warfront sets look great, especially alliance ones.

7 Likes

that pirate leather armor set
Kultiran guard plate armor
Warfront sets
Uldir gear

That’s it. The rest is peasant/beggar armor, even Classic has some better looking stuff for low lvls.

3 Likes

Yeah it looks like old rusted crap you’d find in a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean.

1 Like

I like a lot of the BFA mogs i dunno

2 Likes

Uh, no? The worst looking dngeon gear was definitely in Mop and Cata.

2 Likes

I for longest time run around with the pirate theme you get from alliance dungeons. I find its really neat. I quite like BfA green item mogs accross my characters. Even Benthic leather set and glaives got their air-time.

Removing class sets was such an abysmally stupid idea. We need more class flavour not less

9 Likes

tbh Arathi - alliance plate + Darkshore horde leather are one of my alltime favs

3 Likes

Legion raid sets are twice as good as bfa.

5 Likes

After transmog got introduced gear design have been worse since they can get away with it.

It’s not a coincident

2 Likes

Dropping teir sets is one of the worst changes they made from a gameplay and class fantasy standpoint.

Legion saw some of the best teir sets we’ve had in almost a decade and they took it away instantly and replaced it with quick and dirty armour architype sets - it’s a real shame, I can only hope they bring back those high effort and beautiful sets we’ve seen throughout MoP, WoD and Legion.

4 Likes