Why is BFA gear so ugly?

I’m not against transmog, quite the opposite I think it’s a great addition. But I can’t help but feel Blizzard are using it for the wrong reasons and it’s largely the reason Blizzard have been able to get away with being so lazy.
As you said gear looks like something I’d get at low lvl, most item models are reused and recoloured (even Anu-Azshara, Staff of the Eternal shares the same model as this seasons PvP staff…) and they stopped designing class sets.

The BFA BoE and Dungeons sets are honestly quite nice, simply because they are some of the few simple outfits we got in this game. The raid sets on the other hand feel a bit lacking.

The warfront sets are great.

Sunday, at sunday I’m resting.

Fixed it for you :smile:

As far as I’m concerned, in bfa they made both the top hat and the deep dive helmet moggable too so, I got everything I needed from this expansion.

But on a serious note, personally I find the good, for the most part. Especially the 8.0 ones and the Uldir ones have a lot of potential, they look like standard basic pieces which are really good to make your own special xmog. Maybe the 8.2 ones aren’t really my cup of tea, ok, on this I can agree with you, but overall I’m rather satisfied not to have armors covered in useless garbage

I don’t know, but I agree. The only sets I liked were the ones from the arathi warfront and some heritage armors. Everything else just doesn’t look good at all.

Unfortunately one of the reasons it probably ended up like this is because people whined about BC gear being too colorful and flashy; I hope you enjoy your grey and brown peasant outfits now.

Warfront sets and Heritage armor are some of the most detailed and best looking sets ever in wow.

Eternal Palace sets are just TERRIBLE. They are literally drained of all colors. Lifeless and dull. The same can be said about the raid design as well. I’m not sure what were they thinking.

Uldir was very basic as well.

Battle of Dazar’alor showed some life at least, but definitely not on par with Legion designs.

All in all, you can tell that the budget for the armor art has been tripled down.

In terms of raids, I agree with you.

Regarding armors, I think BFA has some amazing ones, but mostly warfront and heritage armor sets, just not from raids.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.