Why is everyone [OOC]?

I confess I’m not terribly good at using the IC/OOC tags. I’m probably tagged as IC at most times, even when doing PvE content, but then I’ll switch it to OOC and then forget about it until someone whispers me telling me I’m flagged as OOC while roleplaying. Honestly I’ve learned not to really bother with what people are tagged as. It’s usually quite obvious whether someone is IC or not, just by looking at what they do.

As for the other point, no, I don’t want anyone to interrupt me with RP when I’m doing PvE content. My characters have storylines, and in those storylines, they have places to be. Maybe my character is IC in Booty Bay or Tanaris as part of a guild storyline, but I want to do quests in Mechagon. If someone approached me IC then, I’m not really interested in having to explain why my character is flying around on a sky-golem fighting robots, when he really has no business doing any of that. I don’t think that’s sad at all.

It would be strange, jarring and detrimental to RP if we all had to be able to justify IC why our characters are in the area we are currently questing/doing content.

5 Likes

I’m just saying that if you keep seeing people OOC there’s a common denominator there, OP…

Ho ho ho ho ho!

Thanks for keeping my spot warm, now hold my beer.

And Grom and Saurfang are dead, so I guess their glory will keep the maggots in their graves entertained whilst mine is sung by my admirers, and feared by my enemies, ringing through the hills of Pandaria and beyond for I am very much alive.

I recomment Currently Frame addon for TRP to have a better indication of when you’re OOC or IC if you often forget to check that. And you can use it for quickly updating your “currently” status without clicking all the way to apropriate section on the profile.

1 Like

All what we are scared of, is your overweight. Now, shove off, there is barely any place left for my gryphon here and it wants some of the light, too. And as he once said: “Alright, forsaken are okay, bull-people too. But pandaren are too much to bear.”

The closest you will ever get to “glory” is us feeling disgust at the mere thought of all this fat.

Now, the Glorious Goldglance shall leave you. Go with the Light’s blessing.

This is the most ridiculous surname I’ve ever seen.

Typical humans.

2 Likes

See? Glory. It’s leaking out of everything about it.

I remember the first time I saw that name. It still makes me smile.

1 Like

Where did you?

Derailing a forum thread is always cool.

I’d like to say it was in SW or during a campaign.

Open world roleplay is really neat, but you have to be a specific kind of character to benefit from it. You have to play as a character that has a reason to go anywhere and do anything - namely adventurers or other kinds of free-spirited travelers. (Mercenaries are usually pretty popular for that reason, too.)

I keep my OOC tag up in places were it wouldn’t make sense for my character to be. Not everybody fits the bill to go anywhere and do anything, I feel like that applies to a lot of characters that may have other in-character commitments.

It wouldn’t make much sense to see me in Zandalar! There’s no tram-line there, that would be terrible.

5 Likes

begone, classic fan boy ! you are not welcome here with your elitist propaganda

Edit: ok i saw you were saying that to a pandaren so i retract my statement pls carry on

Death knight, here?
I’m sorry but some people can actually fight thirty abominations at once and win without dying and getting all edgy over it for the next fifty years of undeath. Like… train some more, get better armor, learn something. If you weren’t THAT bad in life, it wouldn’t happen.

i have lewd screenies of u so dont mess with me ok ?

Wait

F :x::x::x:

1 Like

I am always IC as much as possible, that is.

If you go into the options you can disable tracking there.

I never use the toggle… but then it’s usually pretty obvious when I’m IC or not (flying around on fancy mounts or killing stuff in Nazjatar etc.)

While random approaches in the wild can be fun in theory, most of my characters would never actually be in the places where I’m questing. So I’d have to be some kind of Doctor Who to pull it off.

And then, as mentioned, there are all the people forgetting to toggle it off until they get yelled at by friends.

1 Like

This is actually pretty interesting to me… is it because your characters are civilians or such IC? If so, why do you even need to get them to 120?
Or are they still fighty people, just not in that particular area or against that particular enemy?

they don’t need to be 120. But at the same time why can’t they be 120? You get way more options for gear to wear the higher the level you are. Game mechanics != IC. I strive to get my characters to a high level so i can go anywhere for rp even though most of my characters aren’t fighters.

5 Likes