Why is LGBT representation important in WoW?

I love how every post you make is drenched with homophobia and yet you try to act all high and mighty.

And no, thats not slander, you are a homophobe

6 Likes

Can you stop the LGBT war?
Please.

Glad i am not the only one who thinks that ,the way he spreads hate from thread to thread and acts high and migthy is very disturbing that its actually allowed such blatant homophobic comments .

4 Likes

That’s bs. It’s just the plural of gay. But feel free to flag me if you think I’m breaking the TOS.

Bypassing word filters too now?

For me here are the reasons why LGBT inclusiveness is important.

I’ll lead by saying I’m a straight male. I’ve always considered myself straight and never had any confusion or doubt around that.

Now when I’ve been growing up, pretty much every facet of my life pertaining to romantics interest or the like has been met with positivity. A thing for people to be positive about, to be hopeful about. They hoped for love for me, for positivity for me, and that was wonderful, because like many (but not all) humans, I had an urge to seek out companionship and it felt quite important to me, and it was nice people were generally encouraging of that.

then i looked at my LGBT friends whom i knew growing up or met at uni or work, and it just didnt seem right that this territory for them wasnt similar. No broad excitement or encouragement or even just low level support about it. something people would either take the opportunity to turn into a negative, or at the least just act like it was a foul smell they had to bear.

For something that concerns love, this just feels wrong to me. why would people deliberately go out of their way to stomp on happiness and positivity? its not a mindset i understand.

maybe my kids will be gay or bi or asexual or something else. i dont know. what i know is i want them to live in a world where the topic of them following their heart isnt turned into a negative experience for them. its something quite pure and one of very few genuine sources of wholesome recognition in this world when you find a partner who really sees and appreciates you as you are and i dont want to police that for other people.

LGBT representation supports the idea LGBT love is as valid as other love and thus it brings the world closer to what i want for my children and everyone else so thats why i support it and will argue against those who seem adamant to erase it from popular media.

8 Likes

Ofc it is a troll thread its your usual type is bait you are being antagonistic you knew full well what you are doing .

1 Like

Netflix makes LGBT normal way better than this toxic forums though.

2 Likes

You people have been trying to snap at me for months. I know your buddy Mclovin has. I suppose over an assumption I made a while ago about him.

Please, feel free to point out the homophobia in my posts. Talking to each other about how homophobic I am does not prove I am one.

2 Likes

Why are you still allowed to post? How? Every thread about inclusions has you vomiting how gay men and women don’t NEED to be represented.

IT! IS! NOT! FOR! YOU! TO! DECIDE!

He is not my buddy at all just because we share the same view you are homophobic blatantly .

I saw you mention a daughter in the thread that got closed a couple of days ago. I was actually typing a reply to you right as it got shut (debate those cotton clouds with her, it’s good for her mental development). But you seem like a great person and a great parent.

:frowning:

2 Likes

You are a friend which is far more important then a buddy you are a cute darling do not let a homophobic like him get to you and get you banned .

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

I’m just very open minded. I don’t have an identical experience but I know what it’s like to have people try and police your love at some points, as the woman I eventually fell in love with and married is black, and I’m white. It’s not exactly the same but I’m no stranger to hostility over a partner choice.

We make eachother happy, I don’t see why other people need to make it a problem. Why turn love into hate?

6 Likes

the world needs more people like you, orcbro

4 Likes

I really do see the struggle. Personal change is hard, regardless of what side of the conflict you find yourself on or even if you try to avoid it altogether.

There are a lot of bad apples, both for and against and even neutral. They derail and let emotions get the better of them. Very few appear willing to budge one way or the other, or even listen to the counter part.

But I am listening. My main takeaway so far has been a very unique and positive insight from the LGBT people that were willing to share and I have learned that there is a huge difference between those who actually are LGBT and those that aggressively fight for LGBT rights on the forums here and elsewhere.

That said, for those that are reading… there are still people replying to the OP giving incredible insight to the topic in a very mature, personal and respectable manner.

That’s what readers should focus on and disregard/ignore the rest of the trash talk.

2 Likes

You know how equality works? Stopping discrimination completely, rather than saying it’s okay for 1 group to be discriminated against because others are too. Solve the problem instead of keeping it alive!

Maybe do some research in LGBTQ+ history then.

It certainly does look the way like that in every single LGBTQ+ community I’m in. You see 1 gay person in a group of 20, and think that’s representation? That’s straight representation. I see 19 straight people with a gay person being sidelined.

Stop being so incredibly dense. It happens in the majority of western countries that you consider “civilized”.

I thought you said that everyone is equal? If everyone is equal, we shouldn’t have to give you arguments to be treated equal and have equal representation.

Yeah the requests to be treated equally have to be justified, while you just said we’re treated equally. WRONG.

We? The vast majority of LGBTQ+, and I know for sure also cishet folks.

We’re talking LGBTQ+ here, not just gay people.

I’m happy the straights are talking again, not.

• You keep saying “gays” in a dehumanizing way, even after I pointed it out to you.
  • You keep telling us we have equal rights, while we don’t
  • You keep telling us we should justify equal representation

I get the feeling you rather have we don’t exist.

Bnet posters like to act like they’re morally better and smarter than everyone else. Get used to it bud

Best troll of the day you trying to act like you care well done i r8 8 m8 g8 b8 you really do not care about mine and others LBQT+ views or the rubbish we have to put up with at all its just an act .