Why is M+ key depletion still a thing?

Quite the lyrical rebuttal, shame you use words like “snowflakes” in yours, snowflake. Your self perceived moral highground lasted the time it took you to splurge another reply.

I’m not saying I’m virtually superior, just that I accept that to get the highs of a win sometimes you need to suffers the lows of a loss. To get that fistpumping adrenalin rush thats so rare these days there needs to be something on the line other than the 30 min you ponied up for the run.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can discipline yourself and decide to terminate your character if you fail a key.

Posts like this really add to the discussion and make me think more of you.

You’re telling me you want to discuss now ? Or are you just bored again ?

1 Like

I gave my pov and why I believe consequences are good.

You went full, well, you know what and said “consequences, why not just delete your char if you fail a run lol!”

Don’t even pretend you want a discussion.

2 Likes

And I’m telling you that you can discipline yourself and impose to yourself any consequence you judge appropriate to your own failures.

But apparently, you either cannot do that and need someone to impose it on yourself (and everyone else) instead.
Or… You just want to… I don’t know, and I don’t care. But this:

really tells me something about that:

1 Like

I’m going to elaborate a little bit for others here.

What I am saying is that:
The argument “There needs to be consequences for your failures” really doesn’t work regarding keystone depletion.

Here is why:
if anyone fails a M+ run, they can decide to deplete the keystone by themselves. In fact, they can even decide to be harsher with themselves and delete the keystone. Or even their own character (and in that case that’s a weaker version of an ironman challenge where you actually delete your character whenever it dies).

So, first point: even without automatic keystone depletion, they still can get the exact same consequence, if they decide to.

Second point: I bet almost every of these guys who’s currently saying “there needs to be consequences” would never ever deplete their own keystone. I surely cannot tell for sure, I am not a diviner.
But I’d be really surprised if most of them did.
And that tells us something else: they do not want keystone depletion either. They do not truly want that consequence either. If they did, they could discipline themselves about this, because that’s what would be fun to them.
They could not discipline themselves to do it, ergo it’s not fun to them either.

3 Likes

Dont play games if you dont like failing.

1 Like

40 % of people who returned in november indeed dont play the game anymore now.

by the time 9.1 lands it will be 60-70 % of people “not playing anymore”

those are consequences of people coming to game expecting to have fun and finding that game under direction of Ion is still toxic wasteland not worth playing.

but hey - blizz can always put 5 more mounts in game shop and it wont matter. after all its not about making quality games anymore only about milking whales.

2 Likes

You know being on the forums for the past 3 months and reading almost everything that’s being posted I’m starting to think this guy is a shill, because I’ve never seen someone support every single system implemented by a company regardless of how flawed or illogical it is.

Now i’m not talking about this post specifically even though your argument fails to hold water, but it’s rather an accumulation of your replies to any topic that attacks the game’s design.

5 Likes

That seems right. And you are right. He is a shill.
His argument is completely illogical.

First of all time wasted is punishment itself. Second, if someone tries 5 times and succeeds then he apparently IS good enough to make it. That is the whole point of getting better. To try again until you succeed or until you hit a hard wall.

It’s not a a school medal where nobody wins or looses because ranking system exists. Someone is always going to be better.

Every post here attacks the game design and they generally have one thing in common. They are badly thought out and don’t stand up to any scrutiny.

Whats flawed or illogical about this system? Are you expecting an “aww, great try!” emoticon when you fail with a “Baww, we mailed you the loot anyway because everyone is a winner in wow!”

:roll_eyes:

This from the “M+ is a shambles but I’m not currently subbed” person.

I’ve now seen it all. I read it on the interwebs therefore it must be true.

1 Like

They do, I already explained.
Time wasted is punishment itself. There is no problem in every other part of the game to TRY AGAIN except M+ that suddenly makes you do other random dungeon before even attempting this one again.

This is not argument. It has zero value.
Also if you DO manage after 5th try then you sure are winner. Like challenge modes, like raid bosses, like mage tower, like pretty much everything in the game that has fail condition.

It also comes from former mythic raider with 10 cutting edges that got every season keystone master and managed to climb to top 300 world all warlocks in season 2.

To be honest… Shockingly… I agree with this :open_mouth: that’s a first…
But! But! :grin: at the end of a non completed run you’ll get nothing! :slight_smile: No loot, just Anima :smiley: and the Vault still will give one or 2 level key less.

Vault should exist in the first place and if you don’t time dungeon you would reset anyways like its currently happening forcefully - by someone leaving or by group deciding to not finish it.

Actually no, some of the ideas posted on the forums were very good ideas which were agreed upon by many people, like the great vault change that was suggested just yesterday in another thread which you were quick to decide was “silly” without even understanding the concept, and when you were called out on it you simply vanished :slight_smile:

Just go through the history of your posts if you have a bad memory and notice the consistency in your disagreements.

““aww, great try!” emoticon when you fail with a “Baww, we mailed you the loot anyway because everyone is a winner in wow!””

This is the reply of a boy with nothing to say back when he feels cornered.

Have a good one shill.

Talking about the reply of a boy when he can’t construct a counter.

Hurr durr, Blizz pay me to disagree with people on forums. I know you think you sound smart right now, but just lol.

And your response to my not thinking it was a good idea was “did you even read it” as if the very concept that I could read it and not agree with you was beyond the realm of possibility. I mean, what is there to discuss when thats the depth of the response. Of course I read it.

I may as well just mindlessly hate on Blizz and agree with all the derpy ideas that come up. On second thoughts, naw, I don’t mind nobodies hiding behind alts calling me names on the interwebs.

1 Like

So am i to understand that this is your main!? because if so, it doesn’t seem like you’ve done or experienced anything for the past 2 expansions. Which brings up the question, why are you or arguing and disagreeing with people on things you have no idea about?

Let’s see, someone that’s constantly on the forums disagreeing with people on anything they don’t like or “attack blizzard”, but yet doesn’t play the game…hmmm interesting, very shill-ish behaviour

Was my main so I kept on posting with it. You’ll notice I have some CEs from the past 2 expacs as well as all keystone masters