Why is self-healing being nerfed in SL?

Won’t this make healers even stronger and more important?

1 Like

You say that like its a bad thing.

9 Likes

You realize that by nerfing the self-healing of DPS, it’s just going to make both PVE and PVP revolve even more around healers. World of Healercraft

And? Due to self-heals in BFA you can have open world duels that last upwards of 20 minutes. I’ve had those. It’s not fun. There’s too much self-healing going around. It makes the game boring, it deletes enemy damage. You have food and bandages, that should be it.

4 Likes

If it were up to me we’d go back to eating/drinking between pulls so this just sounds good to me.

DPS shouldn’t be fully self sustaining, I’d love to go back to needing a healer to take down world elites.

2 Likes

You’re not getting my point. Healers ALREADY have too much importance, especially in pvp. A nerf to self-healing is a buff to healers.

Before you had to bring a healer to 3v3 arena. Now you have to bring a healer to 3v3 arena. No changes detected.

I’m a warrior, I shouldn’t be able to constantly heal myself to begin with.

I don’t think this will make healers more important in the wrong way, they’ll be more important in the right way since self-healing is reduced therefor having a healer around is more valuable but once people realize how valuable they’ll be in more danger. (I know people swapping targets in battlegrounds is maybe wishful thinking)

Doubt this will change much for arena, like Popgligor said.

1 Like

The game is more than just 3v3 arena.

My guess is they are attenpting to hark back to Classic a bit. Much like their unpruning, which imo, mostly took away useful skills and gave us random garbage. It’s meant I don’t look forward to my main, I will likely have to go tank spec.

Healers were this strong in pvp in Classic?

why are you just assuming healers are getting buffed just because self-healing is getting reduced?

Imagine if tanks and healers could no longer DPS, that would be an indirect buff to DPS specs.

I have no idea about PvP. Classic as in take forever and a day to kill a mob then eat and drink after. If your post is just for PvP I’ll waddle off.

What is the issue with it? most of the dps shouldnt have any self heal in the first place. Atleast pure dps classes certainly shouldnt

2 Likes

Then why are healers allowed to have dps?

You want to pay hybrid tax ?

i dont understand that logic at all

In my opinion, healing being limited to healers is a net positive in pvp. You know what’s fun in pvp? Killing players. Do you know what’s not fun? Fighting someone endlessly, them not dying because they have infinite self-heals and infinite mana. It’s just not fun.

2 Likes

Just imagine that every DPS class has passive self-healing 50% of a healing spec’s output. If you cut that in half to 25%, you just doubled the value of healers in pve and pvp.