Why is the majority of the community avoiding PvP?

First of all, PvP still is the funniest part of the game. Period. Whenever M+ and raid kill my mood, I take a day off PvE to just enjoy reading bg chats yelling “DOCKS!” in Wintergrasp, threatening other player’s mother in Arathi Basin if they try to kill boss one more time before the tank arrived or completely lose it in Ashran when someone’s doing quests.

Another big bonus of PvP is, people usually don’t / can’t single one person out to be toxic towards, so toxic people are forced to attack up to 40 peeps at a time which makes them look stupid as hell and I die laughing everytime one of those short tempered clowns loses it.

The light hearted atmosphere in battle grounds would keep me entertained for weeks and I probably would play it primarily, if only the reward system wouldn’t suck. I find it obnoxious that rated PVP requires premade groups to participate and therefore don’t do it. Is like M+ or raid only being available to premade groups with the latter having been crushed during WotLK already (some regret it), so why keep PvP in that cage?

Also: Your mom.

3 Likes

I’m pretty bad at it, it takes me long time to get the elite set so I just gave up on it and decided to focus on other parts of the game.

It also gets a bit stale playing the same arenas/bgs all over again.

1 Like

Blood washes, fire cleans. Noobs whine

Because pvp is just a mini game. Like the pet battle.

2 Likes

Everyone is pretty bad at it at some point and it takes a long time to get elite sets for all solo PvPer. Why did you give up that easily? :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, really? Didn’t know it.

I enjoy it, just not on my favorite class because Blizzard kneecapped all our survivability

I used to love doing random bgs as feral, it was fun being durable, healing, small skirmishes, now my class is paper and dies to air, solo shuffle is ok, but anything else just makes me want to not play.

1 Like

Isn’t the majority of the community playing solo shuffle? I’m pretty sure they are.

I didn’t really give up that easily, I played through BFA season 4 and Shadowlands season 1

I got those two sets but then I realized that it takes me 2-3 months to get there and I just think it’s not worth the effort and I could get more cosmetics doing something else.

Also I get frustrated easily. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I suspect last time my laptop :computer: broke was because of Bgs.

I have a Dell Laptop :computer:, I purchased to play WoW, 4 years ago. During BFA.
I was unsubscribed last year, but having fun with characters level 20.

Than I found out guides to max your free to play character. Tried them and it was a lot of fun because:

• I was unsubscribed. I didn’t had tons of levels, grind, exploration to do. It’s a different thing playing 3-4 characters level 20, when compared to 25 characters with levels ranging from 64 to 66.
  • It was easier to track what killed my character.
  • Less spells, meant more time looking at the screen, searching for the opponent.
  • Lost most of the matches, but it was still fun because: you are capped at level 20 and gold. There’s nothing else to do.
    Aside from farming saronite near the vicinity of Icecrown citadel, fighting red mobs. I was trying to level Jewelcrafting at the time, in order to craft +3 strength gems for my BE warrior at the time.

Played for several days trying to get marks of honour in order to get +3 agility gems for my BE Hunter and Rogue at the time.
Tbh I didn’t like any of the new Bags added over the years. Last time I had played PvP at higher levels was around TBC.

The fans on my laptop were spinning like crazy at the time. One day the laptop ceased to work. I took it to Curry’s where I had purchased the laptop :computer: years ago. I had insurance.
They had to replace the battery, Motherboard and a stick of Ram.

I avoid places with too many players these days and I only play PVE.
Even if I had a decent tower :desktop_computer:, I wouldn’t play PVP. Too much to do at higher levels with better guaranteed loot and less frustration involved.

Edit: typing.

Cheers.

I’m avoiding PvP because I love RBG, but you have to wait 90 min to make a group who’ll leave after the 1st lose.

3 Likes

pvp was my past time when not raiding. Then they made so many mandatory requirements.

Want to raid have to M+ , want nice mounts and cosmetics ? have to daily spam.

Leaves very little room to pvp , when I go into a bg , I find if you’re not a rogue , dh or hunter you are wasting your time. Since all three classes can 2 shot most people.

Not even a learn to play issues , take rogue , all they need is 2 stuns and you’re dead. How is that fun ? how am I supposed to enjoy that balance.

Next thing they unlock all the " cool " stuff behind rated only. Remember when you could buy those 5 black pvp mount variants. Why can’t we have new black mount variants for all the allied races for example. Give me something to work towards ?

Marks of honour are awsome until you’ve bought every legacy pvp set and weapons which I have. Then what ? collecting stacks and left in bank.

PVP needs to reward better for those who just want to play bgs all day long and don’t want to skimirish/arena or rbg.

[Why is the majority of the community avoiding PvP?

because its so unbalanced and the item level is very low
we used to have 900+ in legion
what did you expect

You don’t need rating to upgrade gear anymore :slight_smile:

Oh no, to earn rewards in rated PvP I actually have to…win? The gatekeeping!

Ps you can receive honor towards your vault for sockets and gear even if you lose every game. That’s enough of a participation prize I would say :+1:

1 Like

No, to even be able to participate is already being gatekept.
It should be open to everyone imo.

Agree to disagree. Hence why I don’t PvP (not the only reason, but a major one).
And judging from what we see ingame; most people don’t think the pain of PvPing is ‘worth it’.

I prefer the “old” pvp when you need to co-ordinate stuns etc to kill someone.
Now ppl go crazy when they have cd’s and until they came back they hide into ppl

1 Like

How is it being gatekept? You have to do PvP to earn PvP gear? That’s not gatekeeping, that’s common sense. You can also purchase entry PvP gear from the Auction House with gold without ever stepping foot in PvP. What’s your response to that, it’s being gatekept by 10k gold?

It IS open to everyone.

Lmao the current PvP gearing system is a reason why so many people do play it. You can have full honor gear in a few hours. Even quicker in comp stomp weeks.

That’s gatekeeping.
Gear should play no part in PvP imo.

No.

And then?

1 Like

Wahhhhh I have to play the game to gear up for content wahhhh gatekeeping wahhhhh my world quests don’t make me do that.

So you want everybody in an MMO RPG to run around naked? Gear upgrades don’t exist in PvP anymore. Once you get your full conquest set (unfortunately you have to play the game you pay for to do this) you use that 1 set and 1 set only.

Yep. You do not need PvP gear to queue up for PvP. Therefore, it is open to everyone.

Of course not. Gear has a part in the PvE side of things; the important part of WoW.
PvP is a niche side activity and should be treated as such.

1 Like

I use to do rated on my shadow priest through the end of MOP. I stopped basically because the community isn’t there. No one wants to actually form a team - it’s pugging groups and dealing with people who have no interest in cooperating as a team. They just want numbers and If you cannot get them something they want then they just leave and go spread their poor behaviour elsewhere.

That pretty much sums up why at this stage of my life and gaming career - I have less and I do less in this game, but what I do have I enjoyed the progress to get because I am loyal to a team and the people I play with - even when we lose.

1 Like