Why is the majority of the community avoiding PvP?

PvP and PvE are both important parts of WoW.

Just like your LFR and World Questing activities? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. LFR is singlehandedly keeping raids alive.
And World content SHOULD be a true endgame activity and Blizzard is starting to realize that slowly; it’s just not going fast enough for my personal taste.

Meanwhile, what is Blizzard doing for PvP? Exactly.

2 Likes

And right.

‘Frequent’ is really overselling it. Also: E-sports is THE SINGLE WORST THING Blizzard has ever done to WoW.

Because PvPers generally are a bunch of whining babies who keep crying for their rock-paper-scissors ‘balance’ because ‘their class’ isn’t ‘the best’.

No.

The first sort of good thing they’ve done for PvP in 18 years.
And yet… they do it for Arena. One of the worst things done for PvP in 18 years.
Rated solo queue should be for BGs.

Haven’t seen that.

Hi.

As you judge someone for liking certain content, you’re not forgiven for being a horrible person. Bye; welcome to my ignore list.

2 Likes

Unironically, 3v3 might be dead, it’s true, but I think there are more people playing solo shuffle than LFR and raiding. I’m actually not sure about M+, if I think about it. But yes, I could be wrong though, I’m not a seer. However, keep in mind, we have more people now playing solo shuffle than we had people queueing arena during shadowlands season 1, where most of the pvers were playing arena for their BIS trinket.

1 Like

Aw the insults.

No not maybe. Fact.

No not okay. It’s one of the main reasons I hate PvP: The players.

I never said nobody cares. But it literally is a niche side activity. It is. Fact.
And it has been neglected for yeaaaaars. Fact.
And there’s still not much except for the solo queues. Rewards aren’t content. Balancing isn’t content. Dumb worthless tournaments aren’t content.

And yet I visit Wowhead daily. :thinking:

No? I didn’t.
Please quote me where I judged anyone for liking PvP?

More insults? Good, good. Keep the hatred coming.

There was none, barring the news of a solo rated BG queue maybe coming, if that’s true.
Rest was just insults and opinions and acting butthurt because you don’t like your precious PvP to be called ‘side content’. :person_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

As someone that play the game since Vanilla open beta i might sound a bit cynical with my comment but i will tell you why exactly most of PvE players(which are bigger player base,mostly because of the reason i will point out) dont engage with PvP.It is really simple my friend PvE players are scared of losing against other real players in multiplayer game,they feel alot more confortable losing against scripted PvE Boss(because that doesnt expose their weaknesses as a players to others).
PvP requires alot of time to not only learn your own spec/class,but also learn every other spec/class in the game and know what to expect from them.You got to predict alot of things and know how to react to opponent CDs.You need to watch many more things than PvE encounters.
At its core PvE players are just as good as doing their PvE rotation and waiting for DBM to tell them what to do(they arent used to think much in their “fun” content)
And before someone start opposing my comment.I was PvE player at first(was in top 10 world raiding guild,but most of the time i was playing in top 200-500 world guilds).After several years i grew up irl and i just understood that PvE can give me just that much competition…(killing bosses while doing pve rotation isnt much of competition)
So i started with PvP,to see what is all this fuss about that only best players play on top end of this content.And yes,at the end i saw that people weren’t wrong about that.The understanding of the game is so deep in highest of raitings in PvP that no PvE player can even understand it until they try to reach it themselfs.
Im not one of this PvP players i write about(i wish i could be one day) and most likely i wont ever be,but im close to them(have played numerious times against R1/AWC players) and that is more than enough to pump that so called adrenalin so high(it makes all the time learning and reaching this moments so worth it).
Im pity about those of PvE players that wont even get out of their confort zone and try something that requires actual real gameplay(high PvP content).However we cant expect everyone to be good player.At the end its normal majority of the community to be bad/avarage players(they normally go for PvE content) and less quality high understanding players.

4 Likes

personally it is because Arena is BORING i like battlegrounds and more objective focused stuff but arena is not fun in the slightest.

2 Likes

That’s the opposite of growing up, dude. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I meant something to supplement my PVE gear.

In the past if you were missing a Weapon or Gloves or something, you could run BG’s for a couple of weeks until you had enough (whatever the currency was) to fill in the slot.

Likewise, I didn’t need to have a completely separate set of gear to compete in PVP. Yes, not having resilience on my PVE gear was a disadvantage, but it didn’t mean that I couldn’t play.

I think my problem with PVP is that it has become far too segregated from the rest of the game.

I was very young when i started which for the time was normal for me to go first after PvE content in the game,i ment to say that.When i grew up i started to see things different way.Like i said,i might be a bit cynical,but that is my point of view

2 Likes

It’s fine, but usually you’ll find the younger players being more tryhard and wanting to ‘win’ than the older players (generally speaking of course; there’s exceptions).

I went the exact other way: I started out young(ish) being a tryhard, did progression raiding, wanting to top the DPS charts… and then that went away… I realized it’s just a game and nothing I felt I ‘accomplished’ ingame actually matters. What matters is me having fun wasting time.

As it should. PvP’ers don’t want to have to do content that is not PvP in order to be competitive in PvP. As our friend Tah here says, it’s a niche side activity and should be treated as such

And as a result we have a less fun over all game.

As I said, PVP used to be a fun side game to play. Now PVP just doesn’t exist to me as a player because its become so inaccessible.

WoW should be see as a Overall game, rather than segregated into mini-games.

3 Likes

Agreed with the rest of your post, but not this.
I like there being seperations because I simply just don’t enjoy every aspect of this game.

But… Having those seperate parts be accessible is key imo.

Commenting on what is ‘fun’ is a subjective opinion. It’s less fun for you.

Yeah and when everything could contribute to PvP performance, nobody liked it. The result? The PvP gearing system we have now.

Its not about accomplishmen,there is not much to accomplish.Its about the competition and the adrenalin rush you get when you win on high raitings.It is still waste of time with your hobby or whatever you wanna call it,but atleast gives you alot of enjoyment(atleast to me)

2 Likes

Have you even tried accessing it then? PVP is the most accessible game mode overall. You only need like 2 addons, and u have all you need to get your elite set, which is a very nice casual goal. It’s wayyy more accessible than PVE, but in PVE your ego isn’t on the line, if you lose…

Is that not what I said?

I used to enjoy PVP as a fun side game to play on Off-raid nights. Now I can’t do that.

Which has made the game less fun across the board.

If it were up to me. We would lose M+ and Heroic and Mythic Raiding as well.

The game was much more enjoyable as a linear progression, rather than having Esport rating. I’m not saying I hate the game now by any means. But the structure of End-game content was definitely better back in TBC and Vanilla.

Greatest games are PvP games you know that right?

Valorant PvP

CsGo PvP

Genshin PvE I guess

Apex PvP

Call of Duty PvP

League of Legends PvP

Minecraft PvP (?) No idea

Fornite and Pubg, PvP

So, basically if WoW wants to reach its glory days again, they must improve PvP and make PvP community bigger because demand for PvP games is bigger than PvE games.

2 Likes

I get it. I just don’t have that. I don’t seek out that adrenaline because it doesn’t give me enjoyment; it gives me stress. I did some PvP WQs a few months back because I wanted some of the transmog that you could earn with bloody tokens (or coins? don’t remember). I got exactly what you described… Adrenaline because I was trying to finish the quests before some sadistic player thought it fun to attack me; that gave me stress and when I got the quests done I wasn’t satisfied or proud or even happy: I was relieved that it was over and never wanted to do that again. That’s what PvP makes me feel like (BGs less so, to me those are the best form of PvP in WoW).