Why is WoW too complicated for new players nowdays

Slandering? Defamation?. Dude lmfao, we arw a bunch of strangers on rhe internet with no real life details about any one of us. How could someone possibly slander or defame a person they dont know.

I think the word ur looking for is “accused” and “offended” :joy::joy:

No wonder ur stressed if ur putting this much weight on a argument across the internet. 50% of the worlds population require aid with their vision, that is really common and no hekilli is not built on behalf of those players.

Anyone and litterally anyone could do a correct rotation on a dummy, u dont need hekilli for that, hekilli is used because a large % of players struggle with dokng both a rotation while doing mechanics, and avoiding damsgd in a active fight in high level end game (m+ / raiding)

Hekilli is a way to relieve the pressure of having to learn both, and while isnt optimal for max dps will perform average.

Im glad if u have found hekilli to aid u witg ur disabilities, however to pressume its built for only 1 catsgory of audience is wrong

And before u say “its easy for me to comment blahblah” i have vascular dementia brought on by chronic varous insuffiency in my legs. I dont use hekilli but i also dont play a class which brings the mechsnical difficulty to require it alike some bloated options thst exist in this game

If i played some choices such as arcane mage id severely struggle.

1 Like

EXACTLY.

Rotation feels like it’s being made for making it exciting to attack target dummies, but once you get beyond that and add all the other stuff a lot of people just nope out. Clearly a large amount of them find Hekili and other addons, but I think a far greater percentage just quit due to finding it too stressful. Straight up. Like they just leave. I have at least 7 friends IRL at this point who has left over that, never mind all the people I know in game.

EDIT: Also people who need ordinary prescription glasses are obviously not disabled. :joy: like idk

Same sadly. Or done the same as me.

Theres a reason why classes alike hunter have remained the most popular classes in the game consistently from vanilla while we see these “highlt demanded complex speccs,” go widely unplayed.

True :joy::joy: but he brought up poor eyesight while being able to actively partake in a conversation and play WoW which makes me unsure to exactly how poor his eye sight is.

If u were to a point of obly seeing blurrs even with visual aids itd be impossible to read.

1 Like

all classes have too few buttons in rotations actually, classes usually have 4 buttons in combat rotation…

we have talents choice
all that blizzard has to do is to put a note that passive updates at the beginning will add more dps for them than active buttons anyway,

because here is no point for a newbie to search best talents and play with something they don’t use. These are talents not mandatory, you have time to learn so soon you will be able to play better.

And there’s a reason I chose frost over arcane. I actually tried arcane and it was just… yeah, absolutely not. Nope nope nope. :smiling_face_with_tear:

??? Not even hunters this short in rotation.

Unless ur seriously putting forward the concept of playing a sub optimal build, which you know for a mythic raider of a m+20 participate isnt really a strong option

I tried to play arcane. I remmebered playing it in MoP. But my brain physically cant handle it, i forgot what the spells did by the time i had even tried to get it right first time.

I mean dont get me wrong, WoWs prolly not developed with someone in my condition in mind but still :joy::joy: i dont normally struggle that hard.

funny cuz I had friends that usually played moba and left in legion cuz they were too bored with design, they made fun of rpg game having less skills in combat that moba game has

Id love to know what moba has ever had more abilities then WoW are you seriously trying to put forward classes dropped to under 5 abilities total?

Also legion sure i can agree likely went abit too far in pruning. But they increased the pool size 10 fold.

Also funny how Legion was dramatically more popular then DF?.. Lol.

Your jumping from one extreme to another. I never said every specc in the gsme needs pruningm i said there are SOME speccs that went too far.

If ur friends opinons are so popular.

Explain why BM even being a sub optimal choice in current meta is still the most popular class in the gsme.

you can’t say a spell with longer than 30 secs cd is rotational, also as I already said if something overwhelms you take passives, as people before noticed, If you are fresh and bad at game enough to be overwhelmed by 5 combat skills, you won’t be at difficulty that needs more complicated builds anyway, at least not at the time. When i was young and couldn’t play this game properly, i was happy at least this game had much skills cuz I liked it ( in MOP, I was like 11 ) but i never pushed myself on high end content or i forced anyone to make it up for me… I just learned how to play eventually and this is way to go

MoP and Legion arcane was easy. Well, relatively speaking. You wouldn’t believe what arcane is like now. It’s got 5 different phases and variants on AoE and further variants depending on mob haste levels and whether there’s an evoker and whether you’re using lust or double lust or no lust.

It got such an insanely negative reception that the guide writers decided to simplify the guides, removing the notion of mini-burn and other things from the guides in order to deceptively make it look easier.

But even then you have things you need to do 12 seconds before pull and tons of different transition phases and mana checks and proc checks and arcane harmony stacks and so on. It’s outrageous now.

Of course you can.

Frozen Orb and Comet Storm and Cone of Cold and Ray are definitely rotational.

Im not lol. But hunter hasnt got any 30 second or longer rotational abilities, as we have innate ability to reduce CDs with other abilities lol.

Wildfire bomb
Mongoose bite
Kill shot.
Serpent sting
Kill command
Glaive
Fury of the eagle.

Are all not massive CDs regularly used and consistently apart of the rotation.

Outlaw rogues abilities all drop under 30seconds also.

Also, to stack here.

The answer to ur question is situational.

If it takes 10 seconds to complete ur rotation then obviously 30seconds or more CDs arent exactly rotational.

However if ur class has a longer rotation where its very GCD locked, u may find urself actually using that 30 sec CD on continois loop which means its apart of each rotation u do.

Dont need to tell me, i tried it in 4 m+ keys and yeah i found the experience nothing but stress inducing

1 Like

Legion had amazing story and people waited for return of legion, a lot of content was released in fast pace and people had much to do, through many people cried about state of classes and people were getting bored with design. its like you’d say pvp was better in legion and thats why it had more people playing, no.
bfa was cut in content it made lots of people quit.
shadowlads was cut in content and seasons lasted way too long and it made another tons of people quit, not so much people came back for df because narrative of story is not that interesting. here wasnt even much hype for new cinematic introducing df

It still doesnt explain why u feel classes have to be either whst they are now or zoomed back to legion.

I think alot of the speccs in DF are fine. Its just aome classes need bringing down to the same bar these speccs are at.

Comparing

MM hunter
BM hunter
Survival hunter
Frost DK
Arms warrior
Fury warrior.
Frost mage
Destruction warlock.

To

Enhancement Shaman.
Arcane mage
Outlaw rogue
Sub rogue.

You have to admit, the difference is absolutely massive. Would it be so bad to see these brought to the other speccs in DFs standards or the gap atleast shrunk in terms of complexity?.

Oh, I actually misread it as you tried it in MoP and found it a bit much and you didn’t try it now. My bad.

But yeah, you know. xD And we agree.

lol kill shot that can only be used on low hp target yea…eagle fury is less than 30 seconds ? I don’t think so.
Just take more passive skills, you wont lose much dps if u cant play properly you will even have more dps, you will eventually learn how to play, dont ask blizzard to ruin game for another part of playerbase just because you are new and inpatient to learn

Oh no i ment i liked it in MoP which is why i tried it in DF again and decided very quickly playing it long term would lead me to unsubbing lol

1 Like

Eagle fury has a CD reduction aswell as Wild bomb does aswell.

And even excluding botg the count is still above 4, kill shots also actively used during our CD. Which sure is 1 minute CD.

But you also seem to forget in m+ u would actively target swap to maximise its uptime.

And i ignored abilities such as Carve/butchery and explosive shot. Which u can easily add to that eotation in any aituation where theres 2 or more monsters.

Still rotational. What next, Scorch isn’t rotational? Maybe Tiger’s Fury isn’t rotational?

Look… I think you need to actually look at what these spells are doing. Frost mage, though listed among the easy, have the following rotational buttons:
Blizzard
Frozen Orb
Comet Storm
Ice Nova
Ice Lance
Frostbolt
Flurry
Glacial Spike
Cone of Cold (resets CD’s)
Frost Nova (useful when close to AoE pack to shatter Comet Storm)
Freeze (same thing)

And then in PvP you add Ray of Frost, Ring of Fire, and Frost Bomb as well. Total of 14 rotational spells!

And then of course there’s the pots and trinkets and major cool-downs on top.

And now we’re finally ready to talk about defending yourself against attacks. :rofl:

blizzard introduced talents in df, its not like in mop where you really had much skills to play around and had no option, but to be good or bad with your rotation, now you have talents, you can choose if you want more passives or more actives, if you can’t play properly you’ll even get more dps with some passives instead of buttons that bother you. skill issue, you can always learn though, but if players want more skills and they have no option then… they just have no option.
So as many people in this forum asked before and so did I. Please. stop being so focused on yourself and asking for ruining gameplay for major playerbase while you have options.

1 Like

The issue is the passives actually tend to add various proc effects or modify existing abilities in ways that increase the complexity anyway.