Why Isn't Holy Priest nerfed yet?!

They got like 30% representation at all brackets lmao

Remove the ress lego and Serenity healing by 50%

7 Likes

Also take a look at chastice. 30 yard instant stun (through talent) with op cd reduction mechanics seems kinda questionable for a healer. Additionaly, why does holy have greater fade but disc doesn’t?

4 Likes

Probably because pvp in wow doesnt get tested to begin with :man_shrugging:

1 Like

for all classes*

2 Likes

good question. Well I guess the 90% holy priest representation in the AWC teams and completely out of control representation in 2s and 3s brackets is just not convincing enough for BLUZZURD to take action :slight_smile:

According to Xunamate, Holy Priest represents above 60% of played games in 2s from last week (and it’s been like this since the start of the season)

3s

Yet blizz does nothing.

Same for fury warrs

1 Like

yup seems fine to me :slight_smile: In fact, buff holy, this mw representation is insultingly high and should be in the negatives.

Blizzard is just so sad and it won’t get any better sadly. Just resort to privates or something but this sh*t is unbearable

Lol only 3% disc presence in 2s :slight_smile: thats prolly me and two other idiots still suffering with that spec. :smiley:

1 Like

Im was there with you man.

apes strong together

People see a % overrepresentation of holy priests vs. other healers/classes and think the class is crazy overtuned and start pointing out things like “Chastise is OP” etc even though that skill has been around for years/ages.

Let me tell you this as someone who mains several healers (HPal, HDruid and Disc/HPriest): HPriest is the only class/spec where healing is somewhat bearable right now.

Healing in Shadowlands PvP is already braindamage enough since patch 9.0 and it has only gotten worse. There are certain classes where no healing can closely outweigh the damage of certain class/spec/covenant combinations - looking at Vendetta+Sepsis rogues for example. This class/covenant combo can easily kill someone through 2, if not 3 defensive cooldowns. The issue isn’t that HPriests are overpowered, but that other healing classes are still far far underpowered relative to dmg and set bonuses right now.

It is clear that Blizz doesn’t want long damp games and healers get to pay the bills for that, yet people love to point out how “OP” certain healers based off set bonuses/borrowed powers, it simply is insane…and people wonder why healer representation is at its lowest? Really?

2 Likes

But back then there wasn’t a setbonus which enabled the holy priest to break down the CD of chastice to like 15 seconds. They also had no greater fade. Right now a HPriest can use GF in combination with Holy Ward and feather to basically sprint over the map while he’s nearly untouchable and therefore almost always getting off his cc chain. They should atleast lower the cast range of chastice. Right now this whole thing is incredibly annoying, not to mention that they often follow this up with mindgames. The pressure and reliability of this combo is just way too good.

1 Like

hpriest is just annoying af in 2s.
greater fade, holy ward, fly and rezz leggo. pair this healer with a hard to kill dps like outlaw rogue or feign death hunter and profit…

Balancing pvp in any way or form would require hiring someone/person to do so which this greedy asf company is not willing to do. Maybe once they sell wow to Microsoft things will get better :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The general rule of thumb I follow is that if X spec can pair up with almost any other spec in the game and create a functional and successful comp, then odds are that spec is just so strong it can cover up its own supposed weaknesses by itself.
For how else do you fit into any comp, when a comp is supposed to compensate weaknesses and enhance strengths, unless you’re the whole package yourself.

1 Like

Yes similarly if double of a spec can play together, then they have something busted about them.

1 Like

Quite True. On my alt priest i play Holy and at times the damage that some classes have is so insanely high that i feel like if im not holy with those instant Serenity for 50-60k on target with Guardian Spirit how am i suppose to out heal the damage? I dont even know how the other healers keep up with it.
On this char as a Disc its a struggle that i have to carefully time my CDs and keep an eye on my partner’s CDs so we dont overlap, cause if we do, we are just dead the next full stun/burst when we dont have trinket and deff CDs. The Damage that Rogue/Mage have its so high that if they open on me with their burst at the start that at times Only Pain Suppression its not enough to keep me alive :slight_smile: ( it happened recently that i died to rogue mage burst opener, my partner couldnt even do much to counter it ) and if i dont PS + Trinket to survive its a loss, but of course using both its a GG later on when they reopen with - blind/poly into full kidney.

You should lose if you overlap unless its small or you somehow outplay the overlap.

Of course we should. But thats not the main issue. The thing is that as so many have stated here is the damage of some classes is so high that during their burst if you dont commit at least a deff CD like PS and a trinket you are dead. And that alone already puts ya behind. The example i did with Rogue/Mage is that this two classes alone posses a burst that they can single handedly kill a target in a single stun let alone both of them bursting one. And this one deffs DC such as - PS, is not even enough to save you and you have to commit more which lets you behind from the start.

Yes but that is more of a disc problem imo. Its like how disc just flops to WW burst (or did) and it seemed PS was basically useless. Literally the reason I went outlaw last season was so I had more peeling for my disc as they just seemed to flop vs so much burst. Imo PS is one of the worst defensives in the game. Any big go you trinket dome and PS with peel the next but then you were just a little screwed and everyone’s a holy priest so you can never CC.

Whilst holycan be disgusting and just sit one go with rez leggo and purposefully “die”

1 Like