Why isn't there an heirloom for every geartype?

There is no heirloom for at least 4 types, what could be the reason for this?
Also, why can’t you wear 2 heirloom rings when you can have a trinket. You can even do it twice.

Why are there heirlooms at all?

They do seem pretty pointless once the XP gain went. I guess people like to have gear that scales with them.

Because no one wants to wear a pair of boots owned by someone three lifetimes ago.

I mean I suppose you could argue who would want to wear ANY item of clothing owned by someone 3 generations ago but a pair of boots is just… eww…

Unless it’s my feet of course, my feet are lovely.

But yeah. It is strange there is no boots heirloom or belts.

1 Like

You can wear 2 heirloom rings if one of them is the fishing contest reward.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t have that :smiley: I have max heirloom sets of all gear types.

#Punyelf

That is true.
Maybe this could use a little change.

there used to be but they got removed years ago.

ilevel wise they are pretty strong now, but yeah it does feel like they are too expensive for what you get nowadays.

Yes, the improvements are very expensive, but they don’t add that much to the game.

Not for me. I pay in Timewalking badges and because I have 25 characters grinding each week, it costs me nothing :wink:

I’ve been upgrading my heirlooms to level 70 to fill a few gear gaps on my characters.
With so many characters, there’s always someone falling short :pensive:

Cheers.

1 Like

I farmed 7 million from Shadowlands season 4, so it’s not that “expensive” for me either :smiley:

2 Likes

I miss, not having: gloves, boots, bracers and belt.
Because, heirlooms are cheap to transmogg: 1g and repair.
I hate having my transmogg ruined during a dungeon run, because a better piece dropped and now, I have to equip it in order to improve my stats and my contribution to the party (leveling).
I’m waiting for TBC timewalking.
They have have some weapons that cost 1c to sell. Which means for my level 70 characters, ILV 472 weapons that cost 1g to transmogg.

Cheers.

It’s awful waiting maybe 10 min to change it

I think the official reasons given (which I don’t buy entirely) is that they don’t want players to lose the idea of “gearing up” so by acquiring new items in a few slots this idea is maintained to a degree.

I think it’s time to overhaul Heirlooms. Add those missing slots and just have them upgrade to Chromie Time max level automatically.
The bonuses could be looked at too as I don’t think they’re great. The Rested XP bonus is good but needs to be better. Put in a 15% movement speed buff or similar.

Currently Heirlooms are just a nice convenience to not have to replace your gear every 5 minutes while leveling. If I didn’t already have a bunch of them at Legion level I wouldn’t bother with them at all. They’re wasy too expensive for what they are. I certainly wouldn’t be upgrading them how ever many times they need it now (how much is it to upgrade a full set by 10 levels or is it that much? must be near 50k gold).

1 Like

And in reality you just end up with a very low item in those non heirloom slots, especially if you dungeon level.

3 Likes

It happens way too often, when you play a low level character.
Also when it’s within the lower level range , it’s ok, because it’s cheap. But at higher levels, it’s too expensive, if you don’t play much, like in my case.

This is why my, I just went Vanilla mode on all of my 25 characters, from 60 to 70, aside from transmogging the crafted parts, because those were cheap due to their low vendor price. They lasted until level 70.

Cheers.

But you get blue items from the dungeon, quests rewards and drops are usually green.

IF you get a drop for that slot yes. But I’ve frequently capped with low items in the non heirloom slots :rofl:

*Steal Soul’s boots *

Yoink

1 Like

I think the main point of heirlooms is for the XP bonuses and to have scaling gear for leveling alts. In most cases having heirlooms for all slots would make rare gear you get from leveling dungeons and quests a bit pointless. Plus as neat as it sounds to have heirlooms for all slots, it also be unpleasant since it already costs an arm and a leg to max out a single piece of heirloom gear.