Why it is a ''Norm'' to play horde in this game?

Or is this a horde biased game and this is a result why all wpvp, pve bla bla bla everything else is horde dominated?

2 Likes

Because people take factions way to seriously

4 Likes

I think it’s historically down to racial abilities where I here that Horde have typically gotten the edge. That’s open to debate though.

2 Likes

during mop were horde racials a lot powerful - so powerful that biggest guild transfered to horde (limit, metod) horde racials were ismpyl too powerfull in race for first, normal people saw these huge guild being there and rerolled or started on horde - blizz didnt do anything, gave horde better somewhat better treatment in better story, more horde biased bg - nowadays so much players play on horde that it is kamikaze playing on alliance - horde 100 guild killing azshara were what - three months faster than alliance? if you look at 100 best guild 80% is horde, so players will go to horde

for example - zandalari + kul tirans, zandalari got cool new moonkin form, kul tirans got - little cool moonkin form, zandalari got to their moonkin form new animations, kul tirans have same animations as rest of moonkins

go to youtube and write horde bias - for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3oSzxc5tU

it is like rolling stone - it is too late to stop it, and that tiny pebble took a lot more pebbles until it was avalanche - most of guild went to horde, because there is bigger population now and that means more people to recruit

1 Like

?
Faction pride is healthy.
I am more dedicated to WoW as a whole because I love my faction, I do roleplay with my own stuff.
You yourself love Worgen, and I was actually amazed to see someone defend and embrace Worgen so tenaciously like you.
Im not like those people who say they hate the Alliance, Im pretty much only roleplaying.
Seeing that some people say Alliance need guidance, im not exactly pro but im not a noob, I’ve thought of making an Alliance character, but faction pride just makes me happy to play Horde.
Don’t go in talking about racials because humans dominated PvP for a LONG time.
PvP racials ON THIS PARTICULAR MOMENT are not biased towards ANY class/race.
They pretty much homogenized racials in terms of benefits.
And before you say “YOU PLAY ORC XD” Yes, I did, because I liked the race.
Since Arms has to be babysit by a healer or they can’t be played, I decided to reroll to my favorite Horde race: Tauren.
I think the Alliance has solid lore, cool races overall (I don’t think they’re bland or cliché tbh) but im just a Horde player, and honestly, the “Alliance side of PvP is almost dying!” is the biggest pile of horse dung I’ve ever seen.
Alliance are very fierce in PvP and have a presence overall, so they don’t really need more people.
If the Alliance got back good racials back people would just reroll and forget these posts like the hypocrites they are.
For some time, I had that conflict, but no more.
Horde for life.

3 Likes

What I wrote to Grovi is also for you to read OP, and you play the most generic, used, race/class/gender combo in Alliance… lol

Its a faction in a game, and the only reason to not play both is because it limits your gameplay ( Mail, who you can play with ect )

For someone who plays on 12 chars ( 1 of each class ) having them restricted to who i can play with & what i can do with them, money, ect I dont see any purpose to play both factions except to get needless restrictions

Cheers #Worgenmasterrace yes its a race in a game, but thats more … gameplay-impacted than a bloody faction

Hey atleast your a warrior

The only bloody class that race fits

Or run around with tank trinkets & let secound wind heal you up ( WPVP )

I believe thats human paladin, or human anything really tbh …

Oh well Laughs in Worgen Druid

Its the all mighty snowball effect when a couple of %'s dictates what some players decide on and others follow either cause of the same reason or cause their friends are now also playing on that faction. Then you get a faction imbalance cause people decided to opt in for having the couple of %'s of advantage cause of a racial.

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#rogue_assassination?data_view=races you can view the static value for classes here and will find for alot of the popular raid specs especially its very horde favored.

Multiple reasons:

1. Alliance races are basic. Humans, shorter humans, even shorter humans, humans with pointy ears and probably the most interesting are the werewolves, which are still humans at the core.

2. Related to above models and animations. Most of the Alliance races look boring and have animations ranging from annoying to stupid.

3. Alliance as a factions seems to be about beeing “Goody Two-shoes” a white knight of the Azeroth. They are almost at the “M’lady” territory.

4. Racials. Alliance races have boring racial traits. They do have some mechanically superior racials like Human trinket and Shadowmeld, but thous are good only for optimizing specific things. While Horde has a range of interesting options from eating your enemies to heal your self of lunging your self through the enemies to stun them.

5. Over all faction ability. As result of all of the above most players who care about how game mechanics work gravitate towards Horde, which makes the factions skill floor rise.

6. Related to above: Only reason people roll Alliance is
    A) they don’t know any better since they haven’t done any research, which is fair.
    B) they are basic and completely in love with elves or dwarves.
    C) their friend(s) did one of the mistakes above (A and/or B) and now they are “stuck” playing the worse faction since they want to play with their friend(s).

3 Likes

It’s a mix of issues, remember NA is actually alliance dominant.

The top 1% went horde for racials.

The other 99% went horde due to the faction imbalance, you have to remember when you begins. Mmorpg you look at the option which will give you the most activity. And sadly hordes just more popular.

As soon as one slightly overtakes you will have plenty just roll it because it’s more popular which generally means it’s going to get more imbalanced.

However, I would say. If you actually check out some places on activity on servers. The population split isn’t as wide as some like to make out.

A lot of people don’t count players doing content their not interested in as active players.

For example they don’t include their RP community when talking about how dead alliance is as a raider xD

Yes, yes, I am a terrible player. I am so bad you can’t believe your eyes. All the rest of the player base are bad players but just some of them a little bit better but still not wonderful good pro player like you are. I am immediately creating my new horde druid in your server to get a little bit chance to meet you the pro player of the year. All heil to the kebab!

1 Like

How about you actually read what I wrote?

1 Like

Of course you are a pro-player and all the rest of the WoW players are terribly bad likewise me. I am such terrible player I get kicked every time even from lfr groups just because I don’t know how to dispel a disease effect. :smiley: I am still looking ways how to dispel them but can’t figure out how to do it until today. But you? You are wonderful pro player who knows everything and this is why you keep saying other people ‘‘you are bad’’. What can we all do? We are just bad and you are a wonderful player of the year. We are just honored you keep posting to the topics of bad players like us. :slight_smile:

Yeah I am not even going to read that.

Stop the self pitty and play the game. It is suppose to be fun, if it is not then re-evaluate why it is not and act accordingly.

2 Likes

Sorry, mate. We are just terrible bad players unlike you. :frowning: And you know it takes a little bit time to

to a good player. It is even impossible to

to a pro player like you are. Your play style… you know, it is otherworldly wonderfully good. :slight_smile:

but it is about racials - PvE racials were on horde - troll own bloodlust, PvP alliance -EMFH, best guild went to horde because +1%dps were if the boss die or no - Tomb of sargeras last boss mythic was heavily favouring goblins, Zul heavily favoring horde with blood elves capable completely decline whole ability, while on alliance healers needed to mass dispell,
Jaina fight - everyone needed to be troll, for reduced effectivness of inter-phase,
these stuff moved most of mythic guild to horde, with mythic guilds go better players, more players want to play on winning side, so they went to horde - because more people means easier life to get to raids, etc. etc.

presence overall??
Eternal palace mythic - 14 alliance guild, 86 horde guilds
in mythic+ it is more 50/50… why? because shadowmeld is so powerful, one racial can change this so much - like goblin jump on tomb or wogen run in cata
PvP - queue time for horde - 16 minutes

1 Like

ehm… you are druid player - you cannot dispell diseases, only priest, paladins and maybe monks can dispell them

2 Likes

I just really doubt Alliance is this bad.
Im lvling a paladin from scratch, but I would like to have a Lightforged Draenei for ultimate zealot roleplay.

1 Like

I see. But this information does still makes you a noob just because you can’t dispel it.

Can you elaborate?

I think when it comes to BfA and from practical point of view you want to play horde. It’s way better faction than alliance. Story line is great, Zandalari looks awesome, hordes have better spirit for PvP, and finally raiding / dungeons are easier to get to.

1 Like