Why no revenge for Rastakhan?

Rastakhan deffinietly deserves the vengeance. Proudmoore can’t be forever protected.

“De Alliance must be brought to justice for my father’s death. But we must not let rage blind us… or make us forget de honor dat makes de Zandalari great”

This is what Talanji said, since Zandalari are not part of the Horde they will do whatever they please. And while they won’t be blinded by vengeance they surely will reach for it when there will be a chance.

At least that’s what I believe in.

4 Likes

Well we still need to have pvp in wow so maybe the future of pvp will focus on those who do not want peace or want revenge but are not technally members of the horde and alliance.

Battlegrounds are not exactly massive armies attacking one another so they would be seen as small skirmishes much like in classic.

An Alliance character answering for their crimes? As if.

6 Likes

He was offered a chance to surrender which is more than Sylvanas and the Horde gave Darnassus and its civilians. He chose to stand and fight and so died in battle. I am sure there are some who want revenge such as his daughter but really I doubt Blizz is going to push that in comparison to Tyrande, Jaina and Genn who all had their Kingdoms/Cities annihilated.

Really it is a poor comparison.

1 Like

It seems like Tyrande and many of the Night Elves aren’t letting go of their thirst for vengeance just yet; so I think it’s perfectly feasible for Talanji to decide no, the Zandalari are not laying down their arms and may actually feel as if the Horde has abandoned the Zandalari by making peace with the Alliance. If Talanji is truly serious about avenging her father and all that died to the Alliance during the Siege of Zuldazar, this would just be a chance for her to build up a new golden fleet to sail upon Kul Tiras.

1 Like

what are you talking about? its not like the alliance gets vengeance for everything. they are suffering from the same crappy writing loop.

war-> bad guy appears-> warring factions become all friendly and forgive everything -> they fight again

2 Likes

Rastakhan knowlingly provided safe refuge to a faction that was at war, so they can use his lands as a staging ground for their assaults. Rastakhan giving shelter to the Horde actively enabled Sylvanas to firebomb Brennadam, a Kul Tiran settlement that wasn’t even allied with the Alliance at the time, and enabled her to continue her war campaign while hiding behind the navy of Zandalar.

Rastakhan didn’t discourage this and in fact profited off this mutually beneficial arrangement - the Horde were free to go on bloody murder sprees from his safe haven, while he sat in a chair and the Horde solved his empire’s problems for him. The point of the Battle of Dazar’Alor was to make Rastakhan surrender and renounce the Horde rather than fueling their war against Kul Tiras and the Alliance, as he did throughout BfA. (Also remember that the Horde’s version of events that claim that Genn wanted to murder him were not true, since they’re just reported by a random Zandalari grunt after the fact, while the Alliance were physically there and witnessed what Genn said so that’s the canon event.)

Instead of surrendering however, he hyped himself up on Bwonsamdi juice and tried to murder the people who were asking him to resolve things peacefully. Of course he died.

And Talanji doesn’t get to hide behind a false facade of neutrality either. The Horde and the Alliance were at war when she decided she wanted to recruit the Horde. Sylvanas had already launched an unprovoked genocidal attack on Teldrassil, had already started a war for no reason, already blighted the Undercity, and Talanji’s like 'Yes, let’s give this genocidal psycho and her faction that’s currently fighting a war that she herself started a safe haven in our empire!’

Also, ‘Hey, the Horde and Sylvanas, here’s some food and supplies to better ready yourself for war with, here’s some shelter to better rest yourself for your battles, here’s some portals to better transport your troops, here’s some transport links to better assault the Alliance and Kul Tiras with!’ Talanji doesn’t get to pull a surprised Pikachu face when the Alliance take issue with that. :smile: Who would’ve thunk, that sheltering, aiding, and abetting a faction that was waging war from your welcoming safe haven might be considered complicity?

4 Likes

So, you think that because Rastakhan indirectly aided the Horde, the Zandalari aren’t entitled to demand vengeance for his death?

(And I’m simplifying it a lot)

7 Likes

Looks like Kul’Tiras needs to be razed for providing shelter and services to Alliance too. Alliance was also attacking Zandalar when they weren’t officially allied to Horde.

Double standarts much?

I am just annoyed that Anduin was tip toeing around Saurfang who planned and lead War of Thorns while Alliance unleashed all they had on faction who had the smallest involvement in this war.

In other words - I hope Jaina gets killed at the very least.

And no Talanji had a right to not give a damn about Horde and Alliance war she needed help and Horde was willing to Help. Allianve imprisoned her and tried to kill her.

6 Likes

It would make more sense if the Zandalari forced Talanji to step down since she was the one who invited war to their shores, she was the one who involved them in a war. My Horde main is a Zandalari hunter, and she’d be shaking her head at Talanji tbh :smile:… she picked the worst possible time to ally herself with the Horde… ‘Gerl, why you be meddlin’? Have ya no foresight? shakes head while petting my tamed Oondasta pet When ya be needin’ aid, next time maybe pick a faction that ain’t literally started a major war mere moments ago.’

You can’t engage in war profiteering for months then cry foul when the war bites you in the backside. Also, the Alliance weren’t going to harm Rastakhan. So you can’t really take issue with his death when he was the one who attacked them instead of calling off both sides to they can sit down and negotiate terms of peace.

No, not at all. Because you got it backwards. Why was the Alliance attacking Zandalar? Because the Horde was there. Why was the Horde there? Because Sylvanas was hiding behind the Zandalari navy, using the welcome mat that Talanji had rolled out for the Horde to attack Kul Tiras and the Alliance.

Yes Talanji needed help, and asked the Horde for help (didn’t ask the Alliance for help, she chose the Horde) even though they were at war and had just committed a major atrocity. She was willing to aid them in their war against the Alliance, with no thought of the consequences that would have, in exchange for the Horde’s help with sorting out her father’s Empire.

So she had a right to not give a damn about the Horde and what that did to the Alliance, but she has no justification to then act surprised when the Alliance take issue with that. And she doesn’t get to act like the innocent party that was just minding their business when she actively threw her lot in with the aggressor faction in exchange for the benefits they could provide her.

Like, obviously, much of the idiotic stuff that BfA writing has gifted us with was a sad result of the ‘need to force faction war, such drama, much expansion’ direction that Blizzard took, but that doesn’t invalidate the consequences of characters’ idiotic decisions and doesn’t make them a martyr.

3 Likes

This is just preparation for the next faction war.

The geniuses at Blizzard always plan in advance! In 2-3 expansions, we will get the next EPIC faction war expansion, which the Horde will start by mass murdering an Alliance city and the next Horde rebels will end in another Siege of Orgrimmar, by allying with the Alliance against itself. Rastakahn’s death can then be used by Anduin to justify any Horde actions during that war.

Imagine Anduin bringing up Camp Taurajo, the Purge of Dalaran, Daelin, Arthas AND Rastakahn all at once. Any thirst for revenge coming from the Alliance will immediately be quenched and the Horde can go into their prolonged summer-break to prepare for the next city-nuke.

1 Like

I disagree, I have no issues about Zandalari getting retaliation for their acts. But the havoc Alliance caused to Zandalari has absolutely went overboard - they had plenty of other ways to sabotage Horde and ruin their relations with Zandalari. They chose absolute worst and the most expensive on their side as well.

Example:
1.They caught Gallywix mining Atal’Dazar for gold. It was sacrilage, they could’ve record it and send to the king.

2.False flag operation. Pretend to be Horde and attack Zandalari.

3.Attack Orgrimmar when Most of the Horde is spread around the World and Horde is occupied with fighting old God with Zandalari. They were after Sylvanas only after all weren’t they?

6 Likes

Your logic is really flawless.

Yes, Talanji needed help, her father’s kingdom was at the brink of destruction, and yes -she chose to ask the horde for help, not the alliance.
She chose the people who rescued her from prison over the ones who imprisoned her. Surprise surprise.

Not to mention the fact that Darkspear as a fellow troll race are part of the horde, and one of them even part of her rescue party…

And don’t start with Teldrassil. It is very unlikely that she even knew about it at this point, I doubt you get daily news updates in Stormwind stockades.

5 Likes

Trolls are big on revenge.
We had even build RP around vengeance for Rastakhan.

But he was a Troll and you all know what this means. Trolls don’t get vengeance. They are only a tool, barley more then exp fodder and exotic savages, who only exist to be looted and robed.
At least that’s how Blizzard is using this awesome race.

At least Talanji was not in Orgrimmar. I really want to see actions. I want vengeance for Rastakhan and Talanji on the offense.

To be fair, I don’t see any reason why any Troll would hate this. Troll shamans enhanced the fire from the catapults. As a Troll I would see this as a victory against one of the most hated enemies of all Trolls.

6 Likes

I didn’t say it was the smartest thing they could have done, just that the Zandalari have no ground to act shocked and victimized. Plus nothing in this expansion was the smartest thing anybody could have done. There’s so many things that could have been done better, like Sylvanas actually staging an Alliance attack to justify her actions to the rest of the Horde leaders, not dueling Saurfang and then giving away her evil plan right in front of the gates of Orgrimmar like an idiot, Talanji could have asked the loa for aid instead of asking for the Horde’s aid and still ending up with a bargain with Bwonsamdi anyway… a lot of things could have been handled with more finesse and foresight.

That said, the Alliance didn’t really cause that much havoc. They purposefully lured the army away so not that many lives would be lost, they just made their way to Rastakhan then back out, didn’t slaughter civilians or raze the city - Zul probably did more damage to Stormwind, and Sylvanas sure as hell did more damage to Brennadam or Teldrassil. :grin:

And ultimately, we all know why the Alliance assaulted Dazar’Alor. Rastakhan had to die to make way for Talanji. And there had to be faction vs faction hype nonsense in the expansion, so we got BoD. So again, this is an idiotic event that was forced for the BfA plot, just like the whole we’re at war again and the Zandalari are our allies now nonsense was.

‘Talanji left Zandalar to negotiate with the Horde because the Zanchuli_Council was not doing its duty to protect the kingdom, though she told her father that she was simply going to go exploring. She and Zul ended up being captured by the Alliance. The Horde sent a strike team, including Rokhan of the Darkspear tribe, to infiltrate the Stormwind Stockades to free Zul and Talanji.’

Sylvanas and Talanji (or Zul) were already planning on allying themselves. Sylvanas sends you to bring something back from Stormwind that doesn’t belong to Anduin, and she wants it back. It was’t a ‘Wow, guess who is in Stormwind, maybe they’ll make good allies!’ it was ‘Damn, our prospective allies were just captured, we gotta go get them back’.

And regarding the ‘fellow troll race’ of Darkspear, they had opposed the Zandalari ever since Cata-MoP. The Zandalari, spearheaded by Zul no less, were a cause for great many Horde losses during MoP. Even if she didn’t know about the war when she set out from Zandalar, she certainly knew about the situation by the time she decided that yeah, the Horde are welcome to wage war on the Alliance from her city. So since that new evidence didn’t sway her in the slightest, we can only assume she agreed with it and was ready to bear the consequences of such a choice. It’s not fair to cry foul after you start seeing costs, not just benefits to war.

So…
Talanji seeks allies to deal with the problems of her people, gets imprisoned by the Alliance, manages to escape and they send forces to kill her.
Upon arriving with her saviours to her homeland, her father declares that they are there as mere ambassadors, and that he will help them in turn ONLY if they “prove their worth” i.e. help them sort their stuff first.
And at said point, the Alliance attacks them and kills their king after failing to make him surrender his kingdom to them.

Given the above, how the hell is any of it Talanjis fault? Why on earth would the Zandalari turn against her?
And most importantly, how is it that given said circumstances, them feeling vengeful becomes something “unreasonable”???

Let alone that if we add to said logic stuff like this:

It makes me wonder what kind of response would you expect against…dunno, people that have aided the enemy faction openly for approximately 15-20 years, or allies that offered their aid, no strings attached.

I mean, what would all that fuss about Teldrassil, Brennadam, or Theramore, be about then?
Should the Night elves start blaming Tyrande for it because she allied herself with the Alliance (much like apparently Zandalari should do likewise with Talanji)?.

Are the night elves unreasonable for wanting vengeance? Same as Kul Tiran? Same as Jaina?

Don’t know mate, I simply can’t understand the logic here.

6 Likes

I don’t want to hear you complaining over Theramore then if you think that merely hosting Horde is enough to Raid entire city and kill the king.

Zandalari had their faults in the past but those who caused harm were already disposed off. I don’t see Talanji and Rastakhan as hypocrites especially when we learn about their point of view.

As I said Alliance attack went complete overboard and it looked like They had to pay for Horde faults while Horde and the ones responsible for The biggest harm on Alliance get either support or scott free.

This is what I have issues with and I find it as a big straw to justify such unproportional Assault for such a petty reason.

5 Likes

Once again horde attack Gilneas neutral citty-state killed King’s son blighted whole city…But yes it is trolls who suffer

1 Like

If you’d know me you’d know that I also want vengeance for Gilneas. I got no problem with Genn killing Sylvanas.

And lol obviously it’s nelves who suffer the most :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I haven’t mention elves.But you have to admit alliance suffered much more form horde then vise versa. And with blizz writing alliance as white knights or just side char for horde sometimes won’t allow them get any revenge