Why people wait so eagerly to 9.1.5?

That’s why they adjusted numbers at least 3 times now, because it is trival, or every single developer at blizz is completely incompetent.

I’ll place my bets on the non-trival part. :slight_smile:

Nope, that’s not what they did.

And they will adjust more times. How do you take the number of adjustments they have to make as proof of extensive testing??? It’s proof of the reverse!

Yes, that’s what they did. Do you even know what the formula is? It’s the same square root we had before. Completely generic.

I said it’s non-trivial. If it was trivial, they’d get it right the first time. If they don’t, it’s not trivial.

You just don’t see it, do you? There was a problem. They thought up a quick fix. Implemented it. Took them five minutes (well, I am exagerrating, but yes, a very short time). It didn’t work super-great. So they adjusted it again. Another five minutes. Etc. You are now saying that this is non-trivial. But all that is happening is them spending not more than five minutes on these things.

Where’s your extensive testing? Nowhere, they don’t do it. They don’t even take the results of testing done by the players, apart from headlines. It’s evident from what they are coding.

Nope, it’s not the same thing we had before. Many of the spells were uncapped, or soft-capped at 20 before Shadowlands. We’re not going back there.

The formula is similar, yes. Similar, but not the same.

Besides, if it needs tuning, and extensive testing, it is a non-trivial change, by definition.

Trivial: having little value or importance.
Trivial: relating to or being the mathematically simplest case

Reworking the AoE cap is of neither little value, nor of little importance, nor is the mathematically simplest case.

You are looking at a black thing and calling it white. You are looking at them having to make repeat adjustments in the same area and conclude that “this needs extensive testing” that they also somehow did that extensive testing and that this all is non-trivial. While in reality, yes, the balance needs extensive testing, and it is exactly the point that they do nothing like that and just rerouted a couple of spells from one formula (with a cap) to another (without a cap), which they had before, planning to fix the results of that later on, if needed.

but thats "you " isssue.

alts are extremly easy as long as you ignore grinds that are pointless on alts anyway in first place - aka thorgast and korthia since you passively get those 200 itlv boxes that are ready to be used the moment your fresh alts hit 60 - and then they can go straight to lfr and low m+ keys to gear further.

what alts are atm are extremly boring - because you repeat content you did on main .

1 Like

Exactly. The fixes will enable new ways of playing, which in return will feel like an expansion of the content. You’ll be able to be a venthyr in dungeons and kyrian in raids if that’s bis for you.

For many, it will open up many new content avenues - from enabling more legendary farming, and thus legendary experimentation (especially with leggo recycling, which gives back the base as well), to allow you to max out all the covenants on one character.

Many also just want legion timewalking for the two weeks it will last.

Not everything exciting about the game has to do with new jpeg in the zones and new quest text.

1 Like

On the ptr.

Yeah, in theory. In practice, nowhere.

You know, in theory, the forums also exist as a communication channel to the devs. In practice, this stopped being the case so long ago, I am not even sure if it’s been 10 or 15 years.

This

Yes the content is A) Bad, B)Lacking in substance or C) Both. But its nice that the systems are becoming less restrictive and people can play however they want, or not have to do timegated stuff as much.

Not sure why you think so. Last week there were a lot of people playing on it. I did ~10 legion m+ at different key levels to test the tuning.

This is a large part of “my” problem with alts. 9.1.5 brings skips, the Maw Intro one in particular will get some of my alts into Shadowlands.
Threads of Fate is getting some more xp for bonus objectives meaning I won’t have to repeat all the same quests.
Torghast has some leveling too, which might be good - yet to be seen.
Korthia gear is losing its RNG and will be slot specific (the RNG was so effing stoopid it boogles the mind as to how it was done that way). Although it still costs Stygia and I have none as I don’t go to the Maw so might not be of any use to my alts.

I am talking about something else completely - for each feature, outside of a very narrow window specific to that feature, they mostly just ignore the reports. You can test whatever the hell you want, it is all for nothing because your feedback won’t get acted upon unless it happened to land in a specific lucky timeframe. And why? Because they have their hands full. Because the game is full of issues. They are just throwing s$$t at the wall and if it sticks, they go ahead with the next portion, or wave goodbye and quit until the next patch.

well the first thing I’ll do is try out every other covenant in a raid environment. assuming my guild is still doing raids by then…
when Ion announced that picking a covenant is a major semi-permanent choice but won’t impact your character’s power, a million players rolled their eyes in unison. this “fix” should have been done in 9.0

Because it doesn’t affect her… So its not a fix to the game you see.

2 Likes

how can you experiement with legendaries when you have 1 bis st and 1 bis aoe one

with what you want to experiment since they are known since 9.1 ptr ?

im genuinly curious

1 Like

correction

it doesnt affect 95% of players

so how its fixing game for that 95 % ?

and more important how that is supposed to compete with asbolute madness which will happen on 23.11 when FF 14 expansion is released and every cool kid will play that

why ? because that will be the most streamed game on twitch and yotube for that week without doubt.