Why the level 58 boost is bad for the game #stoptheboost

Posting it here so people who only check these forums see it

31 Likes

You can move your old thread by editing the first post and choosing this forum.

I have a feeling I will be posting this a lot more in copy threads.

2 Likes

will it keep the replies, likes and views?

Mine didā€¦

1 Like

hmm, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m going to do yet as I feel more people will see it in the other forum section and also it is there legitimately since it was made before this was opened.

Yes please leave it there. You have said you wont play TBC so you need not be here.

As they say

Classic is that way ------------>

Jokes, you can post here but maybe leave your other thing where it is.

7 Likes

mate youā€™ve seen the post, this isnā€™t for you.

Mind your business

No you are right, itā€™s not for me, although I will be active in TBC and therefore a user of the TBC forums, unlike yourself who claims they wont play TBC and therefore has little point in being here.
Iā€™d rather you didnt clutter it up with ā€œpointless statementsā€ as you call it (or something like that). Youā€™ve said your piece and I think we can agree itā€™s got to the end of life so just leave it there.

11 Likes

the topic is about TBC

Itā€™s the same piece being said just presented on another forum list so no, I donā€™t think I will

Hell, when this forum section catches on, I might just transfer the thread to this section instead just 4 u :wink:

1 Like

@parrydodger. I find myself liking, and agreeing with quite a few of your posts, but I have to say that Iā€™m surprised that you have decided to boycott TBC due to this boost.

Now, donā€™t get me wrong I hate the boost as much as everyone else, possibly more so, given how hard and consistantly I fought for Classic Realms, free of that kind of nonsense during the long year of 2012 - BUT - Iā€™m personally not going to let just one single negative thing impact my burning desire to re-experience the Burning Crusade.

Ultimately itā€™s just one single stain on an otherwise excellent itinary. Everything else I wanted has been given to me, so personally I can live with the pay-to-win crap.

It wonā€™t actually affect me in any way. Iā€™m in a guild with around 47 members, and not a single one has any interest in the boost; all, to a man, hold it in contempt - and those are the only people Iā€™m going to be doing any kind of group content with. If you PuG a lot I can see why it might affect you, but even so, ask yourself, is meeting the occasional idiot who payed to skip content, and doesnā€™t know how to play worth depriving yourself of the whole TBC experience?

fair enough

Well thatā€™s your decision and thatā€™s fine. However, people doing that is what allows blizzard to get away with this behaviour. They donā€™t learn their lesson.

I canā€™t

5 Likes

What other voice do we have? Subs/revenue are the only thing Activision-Blizzard care about. They clearly do not read these forums or care in the slightest about Classicā€™s integrity.

3 Likes

They will be there dont worry.

Your thread has as admitted by you become stale of new points either for or against the boost. You have said you are tired of replying. The thread can be laid to rest where it is.

If you really want to bring it here then fine, it wont bother me, however it seems rather pointless imo.

no I wonā€™t unless the boost is gone

3 Likes

#removetheboost

7 Likes

#keeptheboostcuzclassiclevelingsucksanditsnotliketheyregonnaremoveitanyway

3 Likes

either pay blizzard real moolah for the 58 boost or pay some neckbeard mage fake moolah for boosts til 58
ok

2 Likes

they nerfed mage aoe in tbc. do you really think boost kiddies are that apt to roll their characters before launch?

Profession cooldowns, enchanting mats from KAra trash farming, pick pocket farming, motes farming, nodes farming. There are benefits to having lots of druids flying around in TBC plus some groups to farm Kara to then make enchanting mats.

There will be reflect damage prot pala boosts instead, donā€™t worry. It wonā€™t be as fast as 300+ mob mage pulls, but it wonā€™t be catastrophically slower either. Do you honestly think normal people will suffer through vanilla levelling? The life will find a way.