Why there is 25% increased rewards for aliance since they dominate?

I don’t get it… Can anyone explain please?

1 Like

We may dominate on a particular shard, at a particular time. But overall we’re massively outnumbered.

8 Likes

On the RP shards Icefall, the Alliance vastly outnumber the Horde at all times.

It’s ridiculous how Blizzard haven’t addressed this issue, the Alliance are playing the game on easy mode as far as I’m concerned.

7 Likes

Guess u were unlucky enough to enter the alliance majority shards…

There is no RP shards though :rofl: I’m playing RN in WM in the new invasion zones and my god. I’ve never been happier to be a -rogue- just so I don’t get mauled by the raids worth of hordies repeatedly. Its literally the battle for nazjatar all over again.

1 Like

Unless it changed in 8.3, all RP realms are linked to the same shard.

You sure? My understanding of a shard is that there’s more than one.

Why is there a bonus period i think is what we should be asking

Cause the alliance to horde ratio on those warmode shards were well, it speaks for itself. If the bonus was gone the people who do use them for the bonus and not the pvp would make it significantly more noticable how much it really is “horde mode” instead of warmode :wink:

1 Like

shards* unless you op to join a non-RP shard through a group. Thats how I always thought to understand it.

In my experience RP shards have a lot more Alliance players and that shows in wpvp. You have some servers like Defias Brotherhood who use to have a ‘more’ even ratio of A/H. Alliance were still more, but it was a lot better balance. I’ve spoken to many on general chat, they detest pvp now because of the changes. Big Alliance servers like Argent Dawn have broken the balance, I just don’t understand how you can say it’s even when it’s clearly not?

Apart from the last two months in 2019, I’ve pretty much spent 12 hours every week playing wow for wpvp in the year. I enjoy it, it’s how I have my fun in wow. I don’t mind the imbalance so much, it’s annoying to get ganked but thats wpvp. It’s the fact the Alliance get the underdog bonuses ON TOP of having more players, that seems like a kick in the balls to someone like me who has to battle against overwhelming odds. It also doesn’t exactly help the balance when it’s literally like turning on extra rewards for no risk.

You can refer to any third party website you want, alliance PVP participation is lower than hordes in w-pvp thats how Blizzard determines the size of the bonus cause they’re going off their own statistics they gather. Literally just you getting unlucky sharding by the sounds of it lmao or not grouping up often enough, cause that seems to be the norm in this era of world pvp. Zerg rush ahoy.

Yes, in actual fact it’s the opposite when it comes to non-RP shards. The Horde outnumber the Alliance. This is probably why the RP realms still have the outnumbered bonus as they can’t change it for specific shards, it’s more of a one size fits all blanket. Even though it’s not the case for RP-WPVP.

On normal WM shards, faction balance varies nicely even though Alliance are outnumbered in the region. The shard manager balances normal WM shards quite well, all things considered - there are many factors in balancing a shard.

For both shard types, there’d be balance variety from shard to shard, but maybe on RP WM shards the lower player numbers make it seem worse on average for RP Horde, than for Alliance on normal shards.

Either way, the bonus system is designed to increase the outnumbered faction in the region - to provide a more even pool of players for the shard manager, as per the original concept of WM having ONE shard type (RPers complained about that one!). RP WM shards having their own separate bonus system is likely too much effort versus the benefit.

Blizz don’t like changes that might seem easy to us, but maybe aren’t so simple in reality, especially when they could spend that time elsewhere for more benefit. For example - the transmog forces my artifact weapon to be displayed if I want to mog a cat skin. Seems like an easy fix, but my understanding is it’s more complicated than they want to spend time on. Prob same for RP WM bonus.

Thats the main point when it comes to the RP shards, but it’s hard to argue that when people can’t even admit that the Alliance vastly outnumber the Horde on these RP Shards.

2 Likes

This comes out every time a new major patch hits. It’s because the horde vastly outnumber the alliance with the exclusion of the roleplaying shards. While that is a issue in itself and should be looked into by blizzard everything outside of the roleplaying shards is horde dominated. What we saw in season 1 was all the alliance turning warmode off to do quests etc because there* wasn’t much benefit of actually having it on in the world because any pvp was just a gankfest for the horde.

3 Likes

Just think, on the RP shards it’s the exact opposite of that. The alliance dominate, it’s a complete gankfest and they get bonuses on top if it. This has gone on for over a year now with no Blizzard response.

You can see how frustrating it is for Horde players on this shard trying to wpvp.

3 Likes

It should be looked into as that isnt why the bonus was created or it’s intended use. This is just lazy coding, the faction that is outnumbered should receive the benefit and not vice versa. Even though it isnt a solution i would say your best to join them and change to alliance or move off the roleplaying servers. I know i would but that comes down to how much you’re actually into role playing.

Thats not true because you are on EU as a region which means you can just bring pve realms and pvp realms into the RP shard. Most of the people I see who are in parties are from usually realm types, not just RP. Sure you can argue your farces of how the “horde rp scene is doomed” in regards to bonuses but then your failing to look at the bigger picture, the bonus goes off alliance compared to horde participation in Warmode as a whole across the entire Region.

Shards will vary and sometimes shards will be almost empty for both factions.

That is exactly what the coding does, but on a grand scale. Cause thats how its intended to work else people would hop to the “highly beneficial realm shards” since your not restricted to RP realms etc and just reap the rewards in that particular shard.

Moan all you want about the issue of feeling out numbered but the current in-game the stats go off horde to alliance representation in Warmode across the whole of EU, its been like that since the Launch of BFA and is very likely to remain the same unless less horde players see reason to use warmode to the point the alliance participation vastly out favors them.

#Stop trying to fight statistics when you know who is the dominant faction in PvP

1 Like

Oh nice a rare not swarmed by 2 horde raids!

2 seconds before 2 horde raids decended on my rear end.

3 Likes

What your failing to understand is the RP Shards have special rules, firstly they are all linked together and are not linked with any other realm types, the only way you’ll get other realm types to join a RP shard is through group finder making a raid. Considering off-realmers can only join a RP shard if they are invited means the Alliance will have the clear majority of players unless the Horde actively recruit players to join their shard, your whole arguement is grasping at straws.

The fact is you’ve got your own special bubble where you overpopulate the Horde, get all cake and get to eat it, or how I like to call it, easymode. Your argument about the whole EU region from this point is null and void because of the specific rules above, if you can’t see how this is unfair then you’re delusional I’m afraid.

But it’s perfectly fine that RP Shards have vastly more Alliance players with the underdog bonuses, making it no risk but getting all the rewards? You’re massively contradicting yourself here.

Moan? Argue? Sure. Yes you’re right, the bonuses take the whole EU in to account. The only person who’s fighting the statistics is you, we all accept overall the Horde are more dominent if you count the whole EU region. But because of the specific rules placed on the RP shards, the Alliance are the dominant faction here. You’re fighting this statistic for what reason? You want to make your own personal accomplishments seem more then they actually are? I don’t know. I just don’t understand why you want to gloss over these clear facts. :man_shrugging: