Why there needs to be a solo gearing system in

I didn’t say I want this - I said that people need to start somewhere.
And that eventually everyone moves towards Dad Mode and without fresh blood, the top scene collapses. It’s not like Diablo 3 where a majestic playerbase of four people can sustain all you could ever want. WoW needs at least five. :smiley: But then you don’t get any new content, so.

I’m officially tired of WoW, barely played during the last month or two, would be a massive waste of time to resub. Free to play, sure, a couple hours here and there.

By the way I do exactly as you suggest, but I’m not particularly satisfied in the process. Had a really nice experience questing in WoD, but finding groups in WLK is a major inconvenience, despite being a tank or healer. I’m tired of pressing Refresh.

its ok to be burned out with something

if you see that season is very hard like this one why dont you for example just finish your KSM and then chill out do somethign else ?

its saturday evening - i could be loosing nerves and stressing out trying to push score or for example - play with LEGO which i got as present (set 75343 if you are curious :stuck_out_tongue: ) its so much more relaxing then trying to get some score that i dont really need

yes why would a Massivly Multiplayer Online game be multiplayer?

Never claimed that wow was the best at it, and trust me i have issues with phasing.

I did world quests first weeks of the expansion but after max renown i stopped, they give only bad rewards.

Atleast i’m happy there is no low % drop paragon reward, that’s so boring.

Enjoy your Dark Trooper :slight_smile: Looks nice!

Exactly that’s the plan :slight_smile:
I feel compelled to try and use my sub, that said I only play 30 minutes a day now, unless I skip four days in a row.

I can totally recommend the questing game to anyone, was considering a little guide (small G), but meh. I have a new job as of Wednesday and I’ve been pausing a simulator and some other titles. I still want to delve deeper into the Heart of Thorns, and onwards. And now that spring is here, I can restart running and hiking.

I swear a six month sub is the worst idea ever, unless you can just ignore the fact you paid and skip the game for weeks. Burnout or even moving on.

and blizzard clearly want this too . for people to chill out more.

they have already deployed countermeasures for unsubbing too - 12 months sub and battlepass fomo rewards are there.

so clearly blizz is ok with part of game being extremly hard and people just doing something else and focusing on transmog farm .

Off topic: my holidays started at 7th of this month. They will end in the end of this month. I struggled not to keep myself interested in this game, but to keep myself playing for the whole day in front of the laptop :computer:

I took many breaks.
To sleep, eat, shopping, helping in the kitchen, watching the news, just laying on bed or just let the laptop :computer: cool down.
I didn’t do the number of TBC TWs I was expecting to do.
I’m still trying to get my 25 characters at level 66-67.

I haven’t been bored with WoW yet.

Cheers.

WoW is THE original mmoprg. And it was never about multiplayer only. There are and were so many solo player based aspects of the game.
Also, we absolutely cannot ignore the fact that WoW player base are people on their 30s. Married with jobs and families. These people dont play the game to “make friends and hang on discord for hours and sing happy songs whilst raiding”. No.
These people come home from a stresful day at work and look for some chill time in the game
Sorry but your idea of what WoW should be, is extremely outdated. We grew older. We changed.

3 Likes

Primal storms is another good way to gear up, I just found it a little dull after the first time round. For alt gearing, I am quite happy to go slow and casual. The only issue I have is primal chaos - need so much of it for crafted pieces and you get so little from things :frowning: Sure, there’s now a way to give it to your alts (with a price) but my main doesn’t have any because she has all her crafted stuff and is basically done until the patch!

Ikr? They even showed that we have outgrown it with the reintroduction of Classic. It was lovely at first, everyone really was helping everyone, the nostalgia. Now it’s all just dungeon boosts to max level and raid.

1 Like

not really.

Pretty damn close, everything was multiplayer focused.

You are not tne entire playerbase, while there are people like that it’s all of them - and it’s a bad argument. Just because people who onces played counter strike are into racing games, does not mean that counter strike should be one. Just like WoW should not be a single player game.

Classic wow seems to disagree with this idea, People want wow to be as it onces was - not what it has become or what you want it to be.

While it’s true that there are people who wants the game to change for the worse, it’s best not to listen to that, the wow players did not change, the new instant gradification kids did.

Solo gear does have progression, u can climg to 400 ilevel via it lol, theyre never gonna let it climb to 421. Thatd be mental lol.

Relevant solo content is why modern mmorpgs like ESO are so successful. Modern gamers love shared worlds with many ways to gear up, where playing with others is a choice not a must like in WoW.

This is imo one of WoW’s biggest flaws and i was really sad to find out torghast was an opportunity wasted. If they would build upon stuff like torghast or class challenges and turn them into actually relevant content where difficulty can be increased and we can farm m+ / raid type gear WoW would see a surge of younger modern players as that and random matchmaking as well is what they love and i do too.

I don’t mind WoW as it is right now, pugged myself to nearly 2700 m+ score soon and had fun gearing up but i’m holding onto the hope that one day we can get relevant solo endgame systems like in ESO.

Things i would personally love would be:

• Specially designed 1-5 players scaling raids and dungeons
  • Brawlers Guild comeback with endgame relevance
  • Roguelike mode content like torghast with endgame relevance.
2 Likes

Successful?.

Bro. Its sub 1 million sales, and retains a far smaller playerbase then WoW.

Lol, ESO isnt failing. But it isnt that successful either. WoW generates far more money and has far more players.

Clearly not. Given gw2 and eso are 2 games that emphasis this the most, and neither stand close to WoW or FFXIV in numbers.

Im sorry, but yoy cant compare WoW and ESO. WoW is far, and really mean far, above eso in terms of its sales.

If sales and popularity are to be judged by, then McDonalds and Starbucks are the peak of cuisine.

I dont think thats rly comparable :joy::joy: you would compare starbucks to other coffee shops, and mcdonalds to other fast food options.

Cant compare a curry house to mcdonalds.

Eso wow ffxiv and gw2 however are all of the same genre, same purpose. And overall competiting for the same audiences

Same would need applying to restaurants. Breaking them down into target audiences and comparing overlapping restaurants to one another.

You cant make broad comparisons such as your example. Mcdonalds would be compared with burger king, while dominos competing against pizza hut. And u defintly can see 1 being more successful then the other.

Same as u csnt compare fortnite and WoW.

ESOs open world and solo content defintly is the reason its still around, however, its proven to not be the most selling gameplay on the market.

I’m sorry… last time I checked MMO stands for Multi Massive Online… not certainly Play With Others… that PWO. Where does it say you must play with others? In the rules and regulations?

4 Likes

Yes. A Multiplayer massive online game. Multiplayer is a term used when playing a game with more then 1 player.

You guys like to act like players saying no, are against single player people from gearing. As if we have actual motive to

If they made m+ dungeons have a solo mode, do u have any idea how much easier itd be to spam content for gear? Lol.

The issue is we can see how unhealthy it will be while ur blinded by demands.

Do u have any idea how difficult the content would be, to deliever a single player end game equal to m+20 or mythic raiding in a solp enviroment?

Personal responsibility, the higher that is the more difficult it will be.

Casual open world players, would rage hard if it became a thing lmfao. Even 50% of the raiders / m+ players will rage at it, because the difficulty would be immense.

Your responsible. For:

Knowing routes.
Self healing.
Single handerly dealing with affixs.
Tanking each pack of monsters.
Every fights mechanics.
The full extent of Doing all the dps.

Do you have any clue to how many players are carried in content to some extent because we are forced to group together? Lol.

All the pros will go play solo. And the medium / low players will be forced to play with one another. It will be LFRs final state, but game wide lol

The issue is, when ur blinded by a demand for one self, oftenly most wont consider if its actually good for the game.

Look at solo shuffle. Its completely annilhiated the games 3v3s for a mode that killed the entire healer playerbase faster then even this games worst expansions did

But we all demanded it. Because no one took a moment to take the rose tinted glasses off and maybe look at possible failure in its design

You think im against solo play gearing to the max for 0? No. I played guild wars 2 for a long time and was very happy playing the game without gear focused rewards.

You think i wouldnt love to be able to lpg on whenever i liked without consequence? Able to solo a m+ game mode, and see how far i could push?. Id love it. Itd be amazing.

HOH in ffxiv kept me subbed for so long for thst solo challange.

However. I know, itd be really unhealthy from thr game.

M+ solo player, with a 25% chance of dropping loot + vault reward. Would however be awesome, i csnt disagree there lol, the class balance for soloing is horrific. But id choose a class that could do it for sure,

But if you cant accept and look at the fact there will be negstives there will be consequences with these demands. Theres no discussion, because ur not willing to talk about the subject entirely lnly wanting to highlight the good.

Your post is uncannnily like the posts we saw from raiders in Legion, when M+ was introduced. The raiders’ thesis was that the smaller-group, and therefore easier, M+ would be unhealthy for the game, because it woukd undermine raiding.

They made the same arguments. Were they right?

Sounds like an MMO isn’t your type of thing.

But hey! There are an absurd amount of good single player games out there for you to enjoy!