Why Vulpera are great šŸ¦Š

In that case, Elves are generic fantasy and anime bait. One could argue the same there, seems a tad silly to generalize so heavily because thereā€™s a lot that could be generalized about elf RPers.

1 Like

No I think that Horde got the cooler allied races.

1 Like

Tbh thats why I like the vulpera - I feel they kinda belong and sum up the horde fairly well. :slight_smile:

Diaper gnomes.

The vulpera are just the rats for furries.

2 Likes

Mechagnomes. They have their own city. Meanwhile the Vulpera are homeless. The Alliance is the clear winner of the allied race contest.

1 Like

Horde failed by getting Blood Elves, essentially making them red Alliance.

Actually, the fact they are literally the Alliance of survivors made them ā€œRed Allianceā€. The Alliance is not even an Alliance at this point (everyone in it got the short end of the stick, the Kaldorei lost everything and their allies did nothing, the Gilenans lost everything and their allies did nothing, the gnomes lost everything and only the Dwarves cared to do something, the Draenei are I guess nominaly members only, because they have 0 problem helping the enemy; like the Blood Elves - the Horde races at least tried to help each other when a problem raised its ugly head; okay, the Blood elves almost left and joined the alliance but Theron had good reasons)

i can agree with that

Vulpera have a whole zone, they are nomadic by nature although they did once have cities. Itā€™s one of the things that makes them great to RP, their home is everywhere and nowhere and they can survive wherever they camp their caravan, be it the harsh sands of Volā€™dun or the jungles of Stranglethorn Vale those little guys will be by their camp fire roasting a Gnome for supper!

1 Like

Vulpera still have burrows
And the seafaring Vulpera donā€™t really have a Caravan, but their ship, or favored portā€¦
So its not totally a nomadic culture
More like the Fremen of Dune (with an added seafaring aspect)

Home is where the 1 hour cooldown is.

2 Likes

Still nomadic even if nomadic by sea, although I do believe they once had settled cities in Volā€™dun so werenā€™t always that way but circumstances led them to take on that life.

Well Nisha says in ā€œVulpera for a Dayā€ quest: ā€œThe vulpera have lived in Volā€™dun as free traders and merchants for countless generationsā€
Then Kenzu gave us a similar time-frame in the ā€œInconvinent Spiritsā€ one: The Sethrak have oppressed vulpera like me for countless generations. (ā€¦) Here, we keep our distance from the sethrak and scavenge ruins like this one for anything valuable we can use or trade."
I think those ā€œcircumstancesā€ were the actions of the Faithless empire :thinking:
Before that? Good question. Maybe you are right
Thoā€™ Volā€™dun is a desert since Sethraliss sacrficed herself to struck down Mythrax the Unraveler roughly 16,000 years agoā€¦ before that Volā€™dun was a dense, vibrant jungle described by Meerah as the jewel of the troll empire. Due to Sethralissā€™ death and the various cataclysms that occurred in the region as the years progressed, the jungles of Volā€™dun were transformed into a vast desert.
Now my problem is, the Vulpera either evolved in Volā€™dun or migrated there. I donā€™t think a fennec fox-like race would evolve in a jungleā€¦ maybe after the desertification. But after Volā€™dun became a desert, I doubt the vulpera had cities :thinking: Building on the sand is not the best idea thoā€™ not impossible, and Troll ruins were already thereā€¦ maybe they used those? :thinking:

I was going on what Meerah says on the caravan, about the vibrant jungle etc, its not hard to think that the Vulpera were there also with cities or perhaps small settlements of their own, there is certainly enough ruins throughout Volā€™dun for it to be possible and they have knowledge of the troll empire that was there from somewhere so why not stories passed down those generations?

Perhaps they lived by the sea? or on the mountains/hills? If the landscape was like zuldazar there would be mountain/hills outside the jungle.

Totally possible
Would be nice to have a bit more info on the Vulperaā€™s past
But the freedom is nice to be anything
Besides, who the hell wants spotlight on the race from Blizzard?
Nobody wants the Forsaken or Nigh elf-treatmentā€¦

True! Iā€™ll just stick to my little headcannon :grin:

1 Like

Seems quite possible theyā€™re not native to Volā€™dun at all.

There are others across the seaā€¦
Well thats narrows it downā€¦
Maybe Kitsune themed Vulpera in Pandaria?
Arctic foxes of Northrend?
Kalimdorā€¦? There was a fox ancient, soā€¦ maybe the ancesteral homeland is there?

EDIT: on the other hand, Volā€™dun and Zandalar became an island/mini-continent only after the Well explodedā€¦ and that was ā€˜onlyā€™ 10K agoā€¦ Sethraliss/Mythrax showdown was 16K years ago, when Volā€™dun was in the middle of the supercontinentā€¦ and the desertification was around the same time
So?
The Vulepra are from the Dragon isles? :thinking:

Yeah the non furry kind, theyā€™re called Goblins.