Why We Need "Kul Tiran Thin Humans" in WoW!

Hello WoW Community,

Let’s talk about why it’s time to introduce thinner “Kul Tiran Humans” as a playable option in World of Warcraft.

Currently, there’s no way to have a non-muscular character, which seems out of place, especially for spellcasters. The “Kul Tiran Thin Humans” model already exists in the game, and its introduction would not only diversify character options but also provide a more realistic representation of different body types.

Let’s advocate for this together and show Blizzard that this option isn’t just cool but would enrich the world of Azeroth!

Your fellow adventurer,
Keck

12 Likes

There’s actually three types in the game: the thick ones that are playable (not sure about ‘muscular’ looks more like fat to me), the normal ones like Flynn Fairwind, and the skinny ones like Venrik (innkeeper in Freehold) So while they’re about it I would like to get all three of them.

2 Likes

"We’re sorry to inform you that due to the current DEI and body positivity movement, only fat characters are acceptable, anything thin is fat shaming!

Your request has been denied! As you’ve highlighted that there are thin characters within the game itself, we will go ahead and make the needed changes, stopping everything else that is a priority within the game to make all characters overweight and show our support."

That’s something I’d expect Blizzard to say with how they made changes to removing male & female wording on the character creation window, removing artwork in the game that showed a bit of cleavage and all the other bits & pieces in-between.

Now putting that aside, I doubt we’ll really see Blizzard make any changes to the character models, in terms of thickness/thinness. As this would mean they have to rework all the armour for those characters to avoid them looking out of place.

They could outsource that work to another company, which would remove the need for inhouse developers to work on that. But that’s not really something I can see them doing either.

You then have the added inconvenience, where if 1 race gets to have skinny/muscular/fat models, then everyone else will want to have ALL races have the same option. This then leads onto further reworks of armour etc, which I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

So if anything, that’s going to be something at the very bottom of their priority list for World of Warcraft.

3 Likes

I’m fat irl and like to be able to create non-fat characters to escape from that. I consider it fat shaming that you deny me my escape. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh I don’t deny people the option to play whatever class/race/shape they want, it has no impact on how I play the game.

I play the game just for myself and the other gamers are just an extra feature within the game :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just saying that is what Blizzard will probably turn around and say because they love to virtue signal and follow whatever is trending with the woke mob.

I would like body types for all races too. My plate wearers to be a bit bulkier, my casters slender.

3 Likes

Yeah, I got that, my reply was aimed at that virtual Blizzard, not at you. :wink:
You’re probably right in your assessment of their response.

Revamp the Race System in WoW. No more Allied Races. Reskins of existing races are rolled into the original. Unique model races are their own race - start fleshing them out more.

Trolls and Humans would get a different rule. Zandalari and Darkspear are still grouped together despite different models. Humans get merged with Gilneans and Kul’tirans and also get the emaciated Human form.

Undead should branch out and get rotten/skeletal forms of all races.

On character creation, you choose your heritage, how you look and then your set of racials (no individual picks).

Zandalari and Darkspear may still be “model-locked” for Heritage.

Not sure if Worgen should be “heritage-locked” but since we’re reclaiming Gilneas, maybe that’ll open up some lore development.

Otherwise, maybe human could choose to be of Storwind heritage with a Kul’tiran dad-bod but since they chose Gilnean racials they have to be Worgen…? I don’t know, might need some tinkering.

You’d be able to change your racial set at a barbers - does curing lycanthropy on a whim seem fair? Or does the Barber having a spare feral worgen to bite you again fit more into the whacky side of WoW?

But I want my lardomancers and my stick-thin paladins that tank by simply having everything miss their small frames!

Cassandrae be like

1 Like

the thick and thin one are unique, the normal one used the standart human model (several other npc had those too)
why we dint get the thin one is a mystery, since we see then ingame, proberly because tehy gave no pendant to the zandalari which mean less options for horde (perhabs?)

I mean, other body type and sized woud our charkters more unique, as just a the same model only with a varaity of hair style and skin colurs

1 Like

Thinner yes that I agree but the Kultiran skinny humans are too skinny. They are even skinner than Human females are. Normal build would be better. Sure the animation the skinny kultirans are awsome what I can see on the wowhead. But the Forsaken males are similar to the defias rogues watchmen is perfect. So backstraight forsaken would be best with human remodeling. I do want a thinner human model so my main can be human rogue as I always wanted him to be and my human mages look more normal size. So human version of the Forsaken male (Backstraight) and a human version of Forsaken female for Human females so that there is an option for skinner human females. Forsaken could get the Human model as exchange remodeled humans to look more Forsaken so the Forsaken could have more buffed Forsaken undead option woth bones and hunched over type of undead humans.

Hmm I can’t find any pictures of anyone trying to make a hunched over Stormwind human with Forsaken features with bones etc.

But they could also use blood elf males body with kultiran skinny head with kultiran skinny human animations and stance.

You mean pile up the races so example when you choose human you have the option of Stormwind or Kultirans or Gilneas worgen? or for orc you have the option of Outland orc or Mag’har orc. I think they will do that eventually when they need more room for more races.

I hope we get the option to be fully Gilneas human. Gilnean human with warhammer Witch hunter armor look alike would be awsome. I know they just look like Stormwind humans but still they have diffrent speech that tells them apart.

As for heritage armor would be cool if all 3 humans can share their heritage armor etc. Outland orc and Mag’har orc can share their heritage armor.

that the old pre vanilia Human model, similar to which you can find in old hillsbrand (dungon), the models there were the first version of the human model until we get the final version in wow.
Funfact, the bloodail buccaners in strangelthorn vally on the ships use also the comple old model.

You mean?

Yeah they made alot of human sizes in the old vanilla. How wizard would look like, how farmer look like etc. even Thick kultiran human. If Blizzard only given those option back in the day, my rogue would have started as a Human instead of a Night elf.

The problem is, that there are only 3 types of people that actually like fat/overweight characters:

• The actual obese people (the intended target group, also just partially)
  • Inflation fetishists (disrupting factor)
  • (Woke) Activists that very likely don’t even play the game (disrupting factor)

Aside of the target group, the other 2 are only making things worse for regular players.

The skinny model is already in game. The basic human model could undergo some tweaking and make them look a bit different than the basic model, frankly I’d just add some more customization to the basic human but people might want the racial. Anyway, it’s all doable. The models exist, some are in game, it could mean a lot for players.

I was actually hoping that since we are gonna run into Arathi humans in the next expansion that they would become an allied race and give the Horde something similar like buff trolls (I really want to play that guy from the Rastakhan Rumble trailer) which again, doable since there are models like that in game already. But yeah, dwarf knockoffs for everyone.

1 Like

Yes the models exist, but they were created for that NPC with that set of armour/clothing that they’re wearing.

You need to remember that when a character has a new model ALL the wearable items have to be resized for that model. It’s not a typical click process, they all have to manually resized to fit the perimeters of that new model.

So it’s doable, but not in the timeframe that many believe it would be done. It would take months for weeks or even months to go through each new resized model and they won’t just release a single resized model, but for all races at once, so you’re looking at a good year+ for any kind of new resized race feature to be added into the game.

I don’t think it would have been much more work than to rig up the dwarf knockoffs. Thing is nobody asked for those as far as I know.

u can legit dress up a Kul Tiran Thin Human

that looks horrible, even for 2004 standarts…

but yes, i mean that…

But the robe is unique, i never saw taht model elsewher appear, same with teh shoulder pats who appera part of the robe…

ant least size and weigh…not B&B (Butt and Boob size- because we woud end up stright asia mmo standarts,if you konw WHAT i mean :wink:)