Why would anyone even be scared of Tyrande

Why are people still responding to an obvious Troll (internet Troll, no insult meant to the new friends of the Horde). Daelinna just derails every thread they post in.

2 Likes

Because the last time the Horde wiped out a settlement from the map, we got a flip-flopping character that has to appear in nearly every in game story, does what she wants and gets away with it cause she’s that powerful and/or everyone else is just not smart enough to have any issues with her.

2 Likes

War of thorns didnt happen in one hour, they could have done her justice by letting her show her wrath to those who defy her , instead of hearthing to stormwind clearly knowing that citizens are in that tree, hope to see Night Elves going back to their Warcraft3 ways ! Victory for Sylvanas , but we need justice for Tyrande like

Beats me. All you need to trick her is a Malfurion Effigy and a heavily forested area with lots of bushes she can jump put of.
Voila, you’ve got yourself a perfect ambush for the dozy old hag.

i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - the kid is a complete moron

they tried that on darkshore with nathanos. it wasn’t very impressive

2 Likes

The War of Thorns in game barely shows anything, you should read the Novels a Good War and Elegy, the Night Elves were really well written there even if they lost in the end.
Tyrande did not engage in combat except towards the end where she defeated Saurfang in a matter of seconds similarly to how Sylvanas defeated him. The novels show way more detail Tyrande had no idea that Teldrassil will get burnt that is why she healed and took Malfurion to safety, keeping him alive foils Sylvanas’ plan.
Ohttps://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/762272.jpg

1 Like

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
tyrande is finally interesting I like her in vengeance mode

3 Likes

From what I have been observing, from forums, everything that is war = awesome/ good.

Everything that isn’t edgy or it’s peaceful = terrible/awful.

I see Anduin much like Prophet Velen.
It doesn’t matter how it starts it matters how it will ends.

In the beginning Velen was called a traitor and a coward, when all he did was rejecting Sargeras proposal, unlike Kil’Jaeden and Archimonde.
Time proved he was right and people who opposed him, wrong.
In the end it was Kil’Jaeden who was standing at Velen’s feet, their world was shattered.

People should try to understand the narrative, as a whole.
But if they want to be stuck in certain parts of it, and keep saying why they should had prevailed and others lost, there’s no way around it.

War is good peace is bad and then they get baffled when they get their homes roasted.

• Night Elves homeless.
  • Forsaken homeless.

And so people understand where I am coming from, I have no love for this narrative.
But at the end I did enjoyed, moments where the Alliance characters interacted with the Horde characters.

If the narrative writes the Horde to be dismantled, by the end of BfA than so be it.
In my opinion, certain narratives should never be toyed around, in a game like, for example: atrocities and lack of respect for prisoners of war.
Activision Blizzard, has done it twice now, with Garrosh and Sylvanas.

Cheers.

Yes! Elune intervened like woow I wish the game showed that !

1 Like

That’s cute. But when your only argument is an ad-hominem, I know I’ve won (again, thanks guys for proving my points, but they are brilliant even without your aid).

Besides, it wasn’t even me who mentioned Anduin, so try again.

Also, put yourself to some use and go grow a few more crops with the rest of your pathetic race that couldn’t even defend their home. Shame.

Nah, I think you’re throwing quite distinct groups together.

Pro-war Night Elf fans mostly want to live out a power fantasy. They want the role of the Jaina-like superhero, everyone an elite warrior, with millenia of experience, and hardly beatable at all. They don’t want the war to come to them, they want to be the cavalry that saves everyone. Some pro-war Garrosh fans are kind of a Horde mirror image to that.

Pro-war Forsaken sympathisants on the other hand quite like being genocidal monsters and have no problem with the losses that brings. Most of them don’t really care about losing stuff like Undercity, they just bring it up to shut up people whinign about Teldrassil. What they can’t stand though is being made the victim. Being shown as refugee civilians that need the Horde’s generousity in Orgrimmar? Now that’s something they don’t like. They are badas
 badbutts. If they (or everyone they know) die, they just walk it off. No crying allowed.

And then we have what I feel is the majority of pro-war posters
 of which a great many have given up their pro-war stance by now. They wanted the war to be kind of justifiable for both sides. They are generally okay with losses, but didin’t really want events of genocidal scale, because these are frickin’ hard to justify, thus the losses would be limited. They often tend to think that losses between the factions should be balanced, though, and argue that it’s the other side’s turn to lose characters (Horde players) or cities/land (Alliance players), because there have been imbalances in losses in the past.

I don’t think any of those are inherently strange positions. It’s just that not all of them are compatible, and Blizzard is quite bad at making anyone happy with its writing, much less everyone, and the gameplay restrictions would make it hard to impossible even for good writers.

That’s why so many pro-peace people here are just disillusioned. They care about the factions. They care about faction identity. They wanted violent clashes between those factions with very different identities. But as it is? They would rather see Blizzard not messing with the stuff they care about in the future ever again, so that they can instead focus on one-dimensional villains that might be badly written, but don’t feel as bad, because it’s just nothing personal.

I personally hate Anduin for making everyone around him a do-gooder who accepts the moral authority of the 18-year-old
activist, Baine for being a coward who led his people in service of Garrosh after he killed his father and was willing to see the Grimtotem take over Thunderbluff, and dislike Velen for his chronic inaction for millenia.But that doesn’t really affect my stance on the faction war. I’ve wanted the factions to end for a long time, but not because I am against conflicts between the races, but because I find the stability of these alliances ridiculous, boring and harmful to any convincing story about war.

3 Likes

Tyrande is powerful. Before BfA in book writers told, that she is strong as Sylvanas. That 3 of them Malfurion, Sylvanas and Tyrande have close to each others powers.
But later in interview Blizzard told that now Tyrande (after Darkshores ritual) is much stronger than Malfurion. While in book Malfurion was almost like demigod. Killing thousands of demons with lightnings. Fighting on the same level with most strongest mage in history.

Again, why she was shown so bad in Darkshores scenario, is because Developers are bad. Not writers, but developers, who failed to show the story like writers asked.
Writers sees the world not the same as Sylvanas Bias Developers (that bald guy) shows it in game.

But I agree, Blizzard will not leave someone with such powers. There can be only 2 options - Tyrande will lose her powers, after some ritual, or she will just be killed.

2 Likes

I still hate it that they nerfed Malf so bad in WoW :frowning:
He used to be an important character like Jaina

novel malfy had no reason to be as powerful as he was same trash as the world shaman bull

Night Elves in general were overpowered lorewise. They basically saved the world twice and entire land was their ally in WC3. You could say the same about Draenei with their immortal prophet and chosen warriors. That’s why it’s a weird decision to add them into a petty conflict born out of silly drama. You should pretend they are their fan-fiction version of their true selves.

Tyrande is an alliance character. You should know by Varian now, that hose don’t just die off as raid bosses without doing ultimatley something very good for the benefit of Azeroth. Tyrande will be doing fine, don’t worry.

I don’t play novel, I play the WarCraft game.

Archimonde considered Malfurion as a big threat for Legion back in WC 3
 and what do we have in WoW? He can’t kill Nathanos, eh, ok? :\

2 Likes

I, aka me, aka the champion of Azeroth, will have you know that without my apt guidance, Nathanos would’ve gotten his teeth kicked in.

I tire of not getting the credit I deserve

3 Likes

wait what.
Pretty sure it took the champion with their artifact, Tyrande, the temple defenses and Tyrande to bring down Y’sera the corrupted.

He is described to be wise beyond his years. Not smart.
Wisdom come in many forms and shapes, Anduin’s wisdom lay in politics and theoretical combat.
While his Maiden battle for Lordaeron ended horribly because Anduin did not realize that Sylvanas wanted him to make it to the city.
Anduin was more of a scholar than a general at that point.

He knew a lot of strategies but he lacked experience, and the ability to judge a scene quick enough also he was desperate to just end the war.
Every move Anduin has made was to end this war.

siege of Lordaeron?
Capture the city and Sylvanas ending the war.

Dazar’alor?
capture the troll kind and remove Sylvanas’ naval support ending the war.

the catastrophe with the loss of the fleet?
again moving to take out the Horde Navy and end this war.

All of his moves is to simply secure a checkmate without taking out too many of his opponent’s pieces.
Of course as with most things when you try to rush them, things end up badly.

He also placed a huge gambit, when he let Saurfang free to end this war, Anduin was losing due to his desire to not win the War, but just end it!

This was Anduin’s only thought all of this time, end this war quickly ensure a lasting peace by not creating more hatred.
Naturally it bit him badly in the butt to say the least, with less support in the alliance than when he started his forces depleted.

But hey there is peace now.
Right?

2 Likes

No. Even a 10 years old realizes you need to counter the blight. You don’t even need to be wise beyond your years to know that. And if you are wise beyond your years you are also smart.

1 Like