Will Blizzard ever balance the factions?

hey ,we got a bee!

Here’s what i’ve been saying for a while now.

YOU CANNOT BALANCE IT.

People who swapped to horde over the years won’t swap back. Not unless alliance gains a very significant advantage over horde.

The ONLY solution is to allow cross faction pve content.

5 Likes

Noone gonna pay 30 euro (+25 with transfer) for each characters. Its basically open robery.

I meant race! I don’t have a horse in this race! xD

Nope, they will never balance the factions. Horde is their pet faction since this game launched and they are more than happy, that it dominate the whole game.
They never cared for the Alliance faction and never will. It’s never going to change. No matter what we say.
Stinking Horde will continue to dominate the game till the shutdown of the servers.
Alliance players are forced to deal with World of Hordecraft or quit. Nothing we can do about it. Alliance’s days are numbered.
To them Alliance is all about humans & horses. It also has trash story focused 99% on humans ALL the time ffs.
I blame all the mindless sheeps, that go to horde. And former Alliance players which make up like 50% of the Horde.
Seriously how dumb you can be to play the faction you probably don’t like but you play it only because it’s “better” or more popular. Such people are the reason why faction balance is dead.

1 Like

Well, I went through 3 disbands on BFA on Alliance side, because we couldn’t recruit. I’m not talking about your guild that can’t kill Opulence or Ashvane, I’m talking about CE guilds (Or near CE). There is a point you just can’t stand disbanding because of lack of players. We shouldn’t blame those who moved Horde, it’s all Blizz’s fault.

Implement a cross-faction PvE system and cross-faction Guilds, that would help a lot.

They mess with the dual faction system with cross faction PVE they might as well remove the factions because the dual faction system is done. Kaput.

And to be honest this is a player created problem that’s happened before.

Please recall how the faction balance was in Vanilla WoW. It was about 70% - 30% in favor of the Alliance. Then the tide changed in TBC with the Horde being favored. It started swinging back in MOP in favor of the Alliance. The faction balance seems to change over the years.

Now I wanna make it clear that I think a big part of the cause that led to this imbalance was the demoralization campaign led by certain Alliance players who tried to guilt trip Blizzard into giving them stuff.

That being said, I don’t want one of the most important features like factions being dynamited cause of the above mentioned people. So if I were Blizzard and wanted to do something about this I’d convince a few of these top guilds to migrate to the Alliance, unofficially of course.

2 Likes

then why are you so bad? lol feel bad 4 u

Well, apparently, horde is objectively easier than alliance.
Example is Siege of Boralus where many pulls are easier due to the absence of mobs.

1 Like

The faction war is tired and over done by this point.
The Horde and Alliance already work together a lot. Letting players actually be consistent with the lore changes nothing.

5 Likes

No, the faction war isn’t done. It will still serve to entertain the notion of PVP across the map. Like quests, events and so on.

And the only real attempt at a joint effort was storming the Broken Shore and look at how that ended.

Please stop saying the faction war and factions are pointless to excuse your little factionless fantasy.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was done, I said it was overdone, those are very different things.

Also, you’re kidding, right? Factions can’t order a takeaway without accidentally teaming up these days. We’ve teamed up for almost every major threat. From N’zoth, Ice Crown Citadel, Eternal Palace, Dragon Soul… we’ve, lore wise, formed many cross faction alliances: Order Halls, Argent Tournament, upcoming Covenants…
Not to mention the whole host of NPCs which function cross faction, and the two classes, Deathknights and Demon Hunters, which are, lore wise, cross-race factions unto themselves.

I never said “factionless”, you resorting to a strawman is perhaps quite telling.
Factions can, and should, still exist while allowing us to engage in cross-faction content, which is already a thing story wise, and has been happening for basically ever.

“I’d can’t team up with you to stop that world eating murder dragon, for, you see, I am far too racist” isn’t a thing I think needs to stick around.

6 Likes

@ Daestra: Mid sharing your source?

Some selfish ppl continue writing that they don’t want to play with the other faction. Most of them play regularly with the other faction on their toons, but refuse to play with them on the main. That makes no sense.

I don’t mind a bit of “faction pride”, but “faction hate” is just dumb.

1 Like

You do know that cross-faction PvE doesn’t mean that there will be no PvP in the game, right? If I recall it right ESO also has cross-faction PvE, while PvP is faction restricted.

Allowing the factions to group up in PvE content will not diminish from any sort of PvP. They have Warmode there if they want to enforce factions, along with instanced content, so it is not like you lose your options for WPvP if in PvE the two factions are able to group up for specific content.

1 Like

Its called wowhead…mmochampion…icyveins

Even the GM of the world numbet 1 guild has side alliance racials are better .

So using the edgy "source’ comment is a little niave .

I wasn’t edgy. :frowning: You misunderstand me. I was hoping for a complete overview. Will figure it out myself then.

Not saying that they should overbuff the racials, but if we’re talking about 0,1% racial advantages (we probably are) that won’t change anything at this point.

1 Like

The reason Limit will not move even with sponsership is each player would have to move atleast 5 chars each if not more and also finding a good server
People think boosting racials will make a massive influx which it will not .
People have long term friends guilds and communitys.

Simple look at bloodmallet for top 5 races in each of the 36 specs will tell you alliance are stronger.

1 Like

It is not DPS advantage that you should be looking at. Usually when a fight favors a faction it comes from one of the utility racials. On Jaina this was the troll duration reduction from slows, which allowed their healers more uptime to DPS.

Alliance has their own tools for this, but these are generally overlooked by the community because it is not the top guilds who are using these, and not in the world first race.

Changing racials alone will not fix this, and shifting power over to the Alliance side will not make things better either. a large portion of the PvE community is already embedded on to the Horde side. If a swap happens from the top end then a large community will shift over, and we get back to square one again.

1 Like