Will people be going Fresh?

I am most sure Wrath will come around mid October 2022 as many merchandise including

World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: Northrend by Alex Acks www.amazon .com/World-Warcraft-Exploring-Azeroth-Northrend/dp/1950366898

are to be released in 18th October.

That is unless of course some new MMO rises up, and Blizzard deside to rush Wrath out, like they rushed TBCC to release aheard of New World that was set to be released in August. And they tried that rush again with SoM to undercut FFIVX expansion in November.

Yea I know players will be bored, if they aren’t already. But guildprogression and ingame activities have nothing to do with the server merges. I would (for this one thing they’ve taken upon themself) expect them to monitor things to pan out the way they hoped it would before releasing pre-patch.

Yea that would seem to fit the timeline of ~2 months.

I think there’s little to monitor if you move 100 people off a dead server into a medium sized server that already works well. What is there to monitor?

I don’t mind them allowing transfers off the servers. If people want to leave after 90 days I see no reason to force them to stay.
It’s transfers to the servers and boosts I have a problem with. We all know the massive downsides and if it’s the only way to keep the servers alive after 90 days then why even bother at that point.

PvE=> PvP coming soon then.
But I cannot find ‘consolidation’ in pre-patch again.

My guess for Wrath Classic would be November - with the end of SoM.

My guess for wrath would be early september but I’m happy to be proven wrong. I’m going to be moving house and I don’t want to not be able to play the game as much as I want to on a new launch.

And my bet SoM will be completely dead at that point with it’s players eagerly abandoning it in favor of Wrath Fresh only to be disappointed 2-3 months later and buying transfer to progression Wrath realms anyway. So it doesn’t matter if SoM end will overlap after Wrath release a month or so.

I think the whole SoM idea should had been halted untill Wrath and Classic cycle end.

How many will quit after not having either a RP server or a Low Pop server as Aggrend speaks of here?

I cite the relevant paragraphs here:

If they really want to monitor why make a fixed list of realms that are going to be consolidated in advance? These community member sections of the forums are nice for talking between CMs and Forum Admins but I can’t see them going back on the list they communicated?

I didn’t spend 3 years on my character just to say “lol nevermind then”.

Anybody that thinks “fresh” means a decent economy and no bots simply doesn’t understand the game, at all.

5 Likes

I still hope against hope that they actually will do so this time around. I think that all the RP realms were included by accident because they just drew the line where realms were under a certain population and had had free transfer off, not realizing they “killed off” all 3 European RP realms.

How dead is SoM now? IF don’t even bring any new numbers any more.

I fear that the entirety of classic is doomed. Existing realms and new. As long as Blizzard does not do anything against boosting, RMT, GDKP and stuff, realms will take a turn for the worse.

4 Likes

Blizz should wait for wotlk classic to end, and then release fresh. No good reason releasing now.

Only person playing there can tell.

2 Likes

There are new players joining the game every day, excited for Wrath, and they have no option but to roll on the current servers.

Who is saying that? As far as the data indicates more people are leaving the game than joining it. Since march we lost around 40-50k players. Since october of last year around 100k. I don’t see any particular hype for wotlk except from those players who are already playing the game. I think people will start on fresh servers but it is again just a redistribution of older players wanting to start from scratch again (and then realising how tedious that is).

1 Like

My guild has 2 full raids of active raiders, 10+ bench and a couple dozen socials, hangers-on and assorted casuals.
When the news broke, exactly 3 people expresses mild interest in rolling there as a horde alt, maybe. None of them even showed any excitement, just “meh, I may make a horde there to try it out on off days”.

I personally have like a negative interest in it. The thought of levelling again from 0 with no profession mats, no gold, no hairlooms and without RDF makes me literally shudder with disgust.

If there will be a fresh server I’ll be there for sure. I come from a SoM server which i played on until they ruined it. I’m currently leveling some toons on TBC realms but i have nowhere near the amount of gold and other valuables than the rest of the people on the server. Should i have a chance to start playing on a server where everyone will start from scratch again, I’ll be there.

3 Likes

Changes in WoTLK, exp gained whilst having a lvl80 in the group is reduced massively.

They haven’t even done anything about that in retail.

Isn’t an issue. How people choose to distribute loot in their raids is ENTIRELY their choice. GDKP is only a problem when people buy gold, wouldn’t be a problem if Blizzard did something about gold sellers.

2 Likes