Will the 8.3 crashes on Mac be fixed for Shadowlands?

Hi,

I rejoined WoW to be greatly disappointed to the constant crashes for mac users apparently after patch 8.3 sometime in January this year. I know a simple solution would be to just get a windows PC but I invested heavily into my business and don’t intend on getting another desktop. I even tried installing a virtual machine but ran into graphic card limitations.

Anyway my question is, do you plan on resolving this for Shadowlands or any time in the near future? I can’t imagine how many customers you’ve lost due to this…

Just to be clear, the game runs but it is basically unplayable since the crashing is constant in group environments.

To avoid a long-winded explanation, here is a discussion that has gone into detail to what the issue is:

Hey there, Im experiencing similar issues with my iMac Pro, however on live, I almost forgot about it - it seems Blizz finished some work after all.

What Mac you use?

When you say it seems blizz finished some work, what exactly have you noticed?

I’m using a late 2013 iMac with 32gb RAM and 4Gb graphics… needless to say, these crashes have absolutely nothing to do with hardware lol

Try to disable AntiAliasing and Particle Dentisity from Graphic settings in the game. Also, turn on vSync and lower graphical settings to 4…

I wanted to test this out before responding.

I did everything you said and even lowered the graphic settings to 2 (as demoralizing as it was with a 4Gb GPU…) but the problem still remains.

Apple conveniently released an update for graphic drivers as well, which I installed before encountering another crash. I won’t be sticking around for Shadowlands with this happening, such a shame because it does look promising.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Well, sorry my suggestions didnt help you. What type of video card you use?

It’s a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB, what about you?

I have similar iMac - 27 late 2012 with nVidia 680MX and I try beta and found that I should use lower settings, if I want to play. I used 2 or 3 level of graphic setting to give me more or less usefull frame rate. I also lowered maxfps to 30…

Ah ok that sounds like a good solution.

I’ll be on the look out for updates but for now I’m going to keep my distance. There’s nothing worse on WoW than having group encounters interrupted due to technicalities.

Hi there. I wonder if you guys installed and played shadowlands? I also have 2013 Imac and I don’t want to purchase the expansion before I am sure my computer will be able to handle it.

Thx

Hey Elysia,

Yes, im playing from the launch without any problems.

Some of my settings:
Game Settings - 5;
No AA;
Vsync - ON;
Particle Density - low;
Max Frames - 60.

So far, I think this is the best expansion ever :slight_smile: