Will the joke with rogues ever stop?

I’m not gonna talk about Arena . You know how it goes
Not gonna talk about BGs or RBGs as well.
Even in damn WM they are the most complete class there ever was.
I was farming in Zereth Morth as enh Shaman and a rogue started on me with kidney. I used trinket because i would die.
I managed to get him to 10%.

1. He vanishes
  2. I get sapped. Luckily i take aggro from a mob and i come out of sap.
  3. He blinds me for 7 s.
  4. Sap again.
  5. He comes out of stealth almost full life and kills me in 2 seconds on kidney.
    Im not any pro but seriously.
    I know it has always been the coolest class to play, but come on
    I think they have the craziest toolkit.

Note : Im an average player and maybe im wrong. But isnt most of the playerbase average players?

10 Likes

Hello!

Why would you die from kidney? Did he use major CDs or how did you know you would die?

I agree many rogues can be very obnoxious in PvP and that is indeed sad.

For sure! And it should be fun for average players to play as well but if balance changes would be made around “casuals” for things they might not understand I think the game could turn very bad very fast sadly.

2 Likes

obviously he died from 20k evi spam…

rogues are the most op class in world pvp since wow got released. not that they are any less op in arena currently but therr is just no way they can lose 1 vs 5000 in open world because the way cloak vanish and evasion works they can always escape and can come back with full hp and cds. they can of course also just wait till you attack a mob (not that it is necessary).

also rogues have been the bane of enhance shamans since forever.
especially with the removal of shamanistic rage, you will just die in a stun eventually.

8 Likes

The wonderous philosophy of “average players” dying to average rogues
Oh man if I could get people to proactively trinket a kidney which I dedicate no damage too :rofl:
It sounds like a judgement call on when to burn trinket or not just being scuffed, some / most classes can usually get away with self healing or something after coming out of the stun if its not the kill go and be absolutely fine, just a case of practice and adjusting on the fly.

Fixed that for you.^^

It wasn’t. I played a lot of shaman in Vanilla and most of the rogues could never kill me but died on WF procs.
I played a mostly hybrid spec with two-handed weapon, nature’s swiftness and deep into elemental.
You could remove blind with poison cleansing totem, could avoid sap being in ghost wolf and keep him from running with frost shock while wind fury the life out of him.
This stopped working with the wind fury nerf.

Since then the only class I could beat rogues is on feral/guardian.

1 Like

You need to CC the Rogue and heal. Think you have better chance in Dragonflight though. And game has always been poorly balanced for 1v1. Devs do not care or test it. Ever.

Terrible terrible trolling attempt

Play Enhancement. They trash Rogues in seconds.

Why are you necroposting?

What’s wrong with the balance in one sentence. Someone said in Ashran BG today right before we lost “Their rogues were better”
That says a lot. And it makes sense. How would you feel if he said “Their warriors were better” , “Their monks were better” etc. ?

yes shamans have been notoriously known to be trashing rogues since the dawn of time.

2 Likes

makes little sense.

ashran is won by who has more geared people followed by who has better healers, moonkins, mm hunters and warlocks and mages spaming ring of fire and gpie.

trashran is just a massive zergfest pve race.
bonus points for the side that has a guardian or vengance that are unkillable

1 Like

Frost Shock + Ghost Wolf yeah!

once upon a time rogues where be able to get kited.

the tale is since long lost

1 Like

And Poison Cleansing Totem cleansing Blind. That was the only time a shaman countered a rogue.

3 Likes

I wish they could at least delete Clos from rogues, so no restealthing with dots on a short cd.

1 Like

Rogues have been broken since day one, they are designed in a way that would be considered cheating in every other game (yes i am looking at you shadowy duel) with perma stealth, unlimited cc and brutally high burst inside of never ending stun locks. The real question is, why are ppl still playing other dps specs than rogue in pvp, it doesn’t make any sense. If you are playing a shooter for example and one class is a hundred times better than the rest, nobody would ever pick anything but this one class.

3 Likes

Wotlk - Warrior, Shaman, DK, Paladin(Rogue weak yeah)
Cata: Feral, Mage, DK(rogue weak until legendary daggers in last raid, in a RMP/RM mage did all the dmg even in green/blue gear, while rogue could wear epics)
MoP WW Monk(I personally saw a blue geared monk ganking an entire raid in timless isles)/Lock/Druid(any bc of broken symbiosis, while rogues lost dmg, burst and cc at the start of MoP and was in its weakest ever state of its history)
WoD: Feral and maybe some sub rogue, but since feral counters him its merely Feral that reigns supreme here in wpvp.
Legion: Sub Rogue, Any tank in wpvp without stat templates rogue became broken again + vanish powders for near unlimited vanishes
BfA: Rogue, DH, Destro Lock, some outlaw azerite traits and sub legendaries were busted
SL. All rogue specs

SL is almost over just an anomality that will be swept under the carpet…lets calm down and pretend it never happened.

Personally think rogues were much more powerful in wpvp in legion, since it was merely the only dd that could tank a lot of dmg with leggies has high mobility and burst and near unlimited vanishes only tanks could surive this.

In SL tho, you are starring at 3 S+++ Tier warmode specs, while this seems bad, you are also facing tons of other dds that are deadly as well, like most druids basicly with guardian druid the worst of them and pet specs became much stronger as well, like demology, and they can make restealthing/resetting cds much harder.

classic wotlk server, it just launched lol

I kited the hell out of rogues in wotlk with a frost mage!

And on top of all this shamans are the strongest pvp class.

I feel you shamans play the wrong version of wow.

1 Like