Will you continue in TBC classic or stay here?

TBC and never look back.

5 Likes

people praising TBC as the end-all-be-all “real” version of classic are deluded, and they will realize this when they inevitably try to do arenas and end up running into repeated teams of Rogue/Mage/Priest.

theres a recognizable trend going on here… before classic was released everyone was super hyped and a lot of people ended up being disappointed because they thought that they did, but didn’t. the same thing is going on with TBC right now, everyone are overhyping themselves and they’ll end up being disappointed.

i’ll give it a month post-release before the forums are flooding with whiners (particularly about class imbalance) and people making long “i quit” posts.

you think mages freezing you is annoying now? well, just you wait until they get their water elemental which can do the same thing, but at long range, with a shorter cooldown. and the elemental is cold snap-able meaning you can instantly refresh the cooldown of their nova should you please.

you think druids in travelform are annoying now? well just you wait until they start spamming lifebloom and swoop in from above to gank or escape a losing battle using their instant-bs form (also known as flight form).

you think rogues are annoying now? well just you wait until they get cheat death and you damage them for 1-3 damage for 10 seconds while they sprint off to a healer for an effective extra life where they would otherwise die.

you like healing? well good luck, the TBC pvp meta revolves around poisons that reduce effectiveness of healing and abilities like Mortal Strike.

you enjoy tanking currently? well too bad, no more fury tanking. better get used to full prot spec with a shield. you like fury in general? hah well bad news; that spec becomes utterly irrelevant in TBC as a whole.

and i haven’t even talked about Warlocks yet… they will top the dps meters constantly pretty much uncontested. cough seed of corruption cough

these are just a few examples of what i predict people are going to whine about come TBC.

EDIT: Oh and if you think hybrids are not going to be discriminated against, then you’re wrong on that too, since everything in TBC revolves around CC and certain classes have none and didn’t get anything to compensate for the lack thereof.
unless they are a healer, then shaman, priest, druid and paladin will all still be considered meme specs.

2 Likes

This is btw pretty true, Wow lost a lot of its characteristics in TBC also to add that items became more boring and more like from the same mold. Flying is actually just a useless feature and you will notice this soon, Travelling becomes more boring because of that and farming herbs are no longer much of a fun. Only good things in TBC are new craftable items, Arena to add variety in pvp, EoTS and a new Raids and instances.

For a player that plays for adderialine and dopamine and other things to pelase their gaming addiction the upcoming TBC expansions is good because they get more to consume for a while again, most likely these players also play or have played retail too and they have gotten bored of Shadowlands already so TBC will just hit the spot, But for a player that does not support the run and consume style of a gameplay but likes the game itself for its spirit the Classic is really the game to go between of these and even there in Classic these gaming addicts are trying remorselessly get our servers to be changed in to the Seasonal kind of thing so they can just jump to some season, feed their addiction for sometime and give up later on it, this will cause a lot of uniqueness of the WoW Classic MMORPG to be lost as that will greatly ruin the atmosphere of classic as laid back game where you can also just chill and chat making it just another trot, but fear not, they will get bored when TBC is rerelased and they are now hooked in to it and just the WoTLK coming behind from the corner.

Tbc 4 life!

And what if they’re not interested in PvP?

Lol, so tankadins, shadow priests, feral druids, ele shamans etc. will be considered memes and never be invited to groups? Good lord, the ignorance here hurts. Thank you for proving you never played TBC before.

11 Likes

Personally I have played emulated Vanilla since 2015. Vanilla servers have always been much more popular than TBC servers.

So I donno who is deluded here unless you talk about fresh TBC vs no fresh Classic when people are forced into TBC. Obviously people would choose fresh TBC over being stuck on a phase 6 realm. But if you release fresh Vanilla realms, well, private servers with Vanilla was always more popular. I donno if a sharded TBC will be fun at all (I am 100% sure TBC will be sharded and not layered).

Of course there will be whiners. There always are.

The question is, do we care about them. No one claims TBC is the solution to everything, or the cure for cancer. But it objectively is a better game than vanilla.

That’s not to say it won’t have its problems. I’m fully aware the launch will be an even worse ****show than opening AQ gates, unless Blizz learns from its mistakes (… considering they haven’t for the last 13 years, I very much doubt they will).

I know there will be a min-maxing mentality, so it’s entirely possible some PvP comps will be hugely overrepresented, while others will be pretty much non-existent. I know some PvE content will be farmed to death, and some dungeons won’t be touched with a 20m stick.

I know people might find a ridiculous goldmine and inflate prices.

Am I bothered by this? No, because the game itself is much more enjoyable for me.

1 Like

Farming herbs was fun?

Why are you so sure that there’s going to be sharding exactly.?
It would have layers at most, same with classic.

TBC realms were always terrible on private realms I found due to the admins/ buggy etc.

1 Like

You are slightly right in some areas, but brutally wrong on most of it.

There are no meme specs in TBC.
Shadow Priest, Boomkin, ele/enhance and surv hunter all bring important utility to the raid/grp.

Enhance to buff melee.
Elemental and Boomkin to buff ranged.
Resto sham to buff casters .

• bloodlust

It’s one starting zones for everyone, when people are done in the first zones, everyone goes to the next one and it’s one small continent for everyone, lvl 70 content share zones with lowlvl content.

Ofc I don’t know anything, but I am 100% sure, in my mind, that Blizzard will shard TBC, that’s what their servers are designed for. If they use sharding, they can actually have a smooth launch and experience without a queue and crashes.

Their best solution when not using layering for the AQ opening was to teleport out players and lock them out of the zone, lol. They have no idea what to do, so I am sure they will just pick sharding for TBC and be done with it. That’s the technology they have invested in and it works. It also ruins the game for people like me, but, it works. And they don’t need people like me.

It makes sense, don’t you think? TBC is an PVE and instances eSport PvP expansion anyway. A sharded world is very convenient for many people. Many or most people on PvP realms in classic already use a version of it where they summon behind portal, outside the world and under cities, so they don’t have to meet the opposite faction at all. Blizzard obviopulsy see this to and they see what people “want”. Then it’s just down to simple math, what is more profitable, keeping people like me or saving A LOT on using sharding.

If I was Blizzard and my main concern was profit, I would definitely use Sharding in TBC. They don’t even have to do anything. It was literally the first thing they added to Classic for the Demo. They had to invest a lot to remove sharding for Classic and invest in a new system that was easy to exploit.

So, that’s why I am so sure. Let’s for the love of all that is holy hope I am wrong.

I am not sure why TBC would be interesting - the idea of repeating the cycle again and going through all the expansions again seems bad to me.
I hope i can play ashes of creation instead of repeating all the old wow content.

2 Likes

I doubt there would be a significant demand past WotLK. People who want TBC and WotLK don’t want to “repeat the cycle”. They just want to play WoW when it was at its best.

1 Like

All that you said still doesn’t explain why they would use shards instead of layers. I mean, the fact they “had to invest in a new system” means little when it already exists now, and the abuses you talk about are either no longer viable/significant or could happen just as well with sharding.

Because every player needs to go thought ONE portal. The amount of layers needed to make that work is already at a shard level. So it just makes sense to go with sharding. It’s cheap. lol

It doesn’t necessarily have to be going through ALL the expansions again. I plan to stick to TBC and not move on to WOTLK. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

It’s not about how many levels there are - you could have 10 or even 20 layers and it still wouldn’t be sharding. The big difference between layering and sharding (aside from layering being continent-wide instead of region-wide) is that sharding is x-realm while layering is not. I really don’t see why they couldn’t just pile on lots of layers instead of using sharding. Besides, the congestion in Hellfire Peninsula will last a couple days at most - players will quickly spread throughout whole Outland.

And the congestion itself isn’t even THAT problematic, to begin with, since dungeons exist. Back at Classic launch, if you couldn’t do certain quests or even grind mobs, you were stuck because there was no instanced content before lvl 9-10 (if Horde) or 15 (if Alliance). in TBC, nothing stops you from traveling straight from the Dark Portal to Hellfire Citadel.

That’s just factually wrong. It CAN be but it doesnt have to be. I mean the Classic demo used sharding on one realm. You know, that first time Blizzard showed their work and forgot to tell the community that they now had sharded Vanilla.

Well if it’s not x-realm, then I don’t see much of a difference between layering and sharding and it would probably be a good addition early on.

That is my point.

1 Like

This is how totally different people approach the game, some actually likes to farm herbs, more rare the better. i have gathered one black lotus before the spawn change and it is my ultimate accomplishement as a gatherer i have ever done in any MMO game and damn i am proud of it, too bad the spawn rates have been changed so its not anymore that cool to own one black lotus.