Wintergrasp bg

Please let us blacklist this ONE bg, it’s the worst one. Or better yet, get rid!

1 Like

Attacking still sucks, patch changed nothing.

1 Like

They were told the changes are wrong.

I’ve done one single WG but yeah from experience the change did nothing because attackers start so far away from the forward workshops that the defenders still get there first to claim them so by the time the fighting starts defense is already halfway to 4 workshops again.
I was defending ofcourse I /afk out of all attacks

They’d have to change something else here, revert the changes on the forward bases maybe remove the workshops on defenders side at the same time in the fortress, at this point they’re just allowing defenders to get to 16 siege vehicles to absolutely bumrush attackers with

Maybe allow attackers to start building catapults at start, idk, something that actually helps them get ahead

Win last attack dunno.

I disagree, won 2 with ease while attacking.

This bg is trash no matter how many times they fix it.

This and Ashran should be removed from the game.

1 Like

Just got def and we owned em as always, i se no changes still favors defence.

1 Like

Its totally imbalanced still. Here is my take on why:

1. Objectives - This has always been the biggest issue with the map. The objectives are too scattered across the map for the attacking team, making them have to be at multiple places at once.
    Defending team has only one real objective in the begining: taking workshops. This results in the “workshop circle moving zerg tactic”. Making the flow of war (as Sun Tzu put it) inequal.

2. Walls - Walls are designed to hold attacks away and defenders safe. These walls are no exception. They do just that. Attacking team has nothing to weigh up for this advantage. These walls even have cannons, which furthermore makes them GREAT.

3. Time - Holding 4 workshops scattered far away from eachother is no small feat. All while defending 3 towers to not lose precious time, makes it quite unforgiving. One can argue that Blizzard nerfed attackers even more since they added 3 minutes per destroyed tower giving defenders their only constraint (time) even tighter.

Here are a few suggestions on changes that could give defenders a real chance:

1. Defenders can only build vehicles from inside their base.
  2. Defenders can only take over a workshop if they have active supiriority in the area. They lose supiriority automaticaly if they have noone defending it.
  3. Vehicle health doubled (at least).
  4. Attackers have 4 extra supply from the start.
  5. Shorten res-timers for attackers.
  6. Scale the map (outside the keep) down 50%.

This will do it. Make it happen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.