WoD wasn't so bad after all

Aside from 0 content WoD wasnt bad, at least the gameplay was still fine

BfA has a bit more content but miserable gameplay so all in all WoD wasnt so bad after all.

5 Likes

Only thing i miss about WoD is CM’s they need to come back .

Ah yes things like destroying the community. Ruining old zones with crappy parodies of pop culture stuff (atleast for the Alliance side). Efficiently killing off most guilds with the guild system changes wich made guilds basicly special income generators for the guild master for years. Nerfing heroics to the ground to the point they never recovered. Remember when heroics were heroics, instead of just a scenario you cant die in? Cataclysm did alot. But what it did the most was being the crappiest expansion ever made that ruined the game. Not even legion was such a big pile of cowfeces like cataclysm

2 Likes

Educate me a little bit. How are CMs different from Mythic+? My understanding is that it is basically the same system, just with actual gear rewards and high ramps up in difficulty.

i dont see how 1 m+ a week for the cache or a tedious artificially streched ap grind that doesnt feel rewarding what so ever (unlocking the safe passiv traits over and over) so the only meaning full content you do is your arena cap if 2,4+ cr , 1m+ and rading. however most bosses drop garbage loot so you only need a few bosses. that leaves worldquests which are useless unless items titanforge. so the only thing you can do is to grind the same content over and over in hopes of rng titanforges or sockets until the next patch in which you will do the SAME thing over again.

1 Like

The levelling was OK in WoD, it was when you hit max level that it started to unravel. Not only was there an extreme lack of end-game content, what content there was, was in its entirety tied up to the garrison. So in the end all you ended up doing was level your followers and send them around.

Doesn’t help either that the story was overall terrible.

hhahahaAHAHAHAHAHHA I love it when people say that honestly WoD didn’t prune as much as Legion did yet nobody ever mentions that (especially if you mained a warlock pre-legion) everybody blames it on WoD the only ability that was removed in WoD that sucked it was gone was probably Overpower for warriors lmao

5 Likes

Ok hmmm got me lol well.

CM you could repeat time and time again and reset until you got tacts sorted so no punishment on key .

CM you had
Titles
Mounts
Mog
Realm Title for fastest set times.

CMs where in my view just as fun as mythic + but without the stress of rio and things because everyone was scaled to a set item lvl.

For example in mop i spamed normal and lFR ToT for gear with multi sockets each piece had atleast 1 gem socket if not more so you could beef up your stats alot.

I think scaleing to set item lvl and beating gold shows more skill the high item lvl beating 15s .

1 Like

WOD was brilliant in comparison with BFA.

I think this no need any additional explanation - all already know why.

4 Likes

People asked for a recreation of the old zones. Blizzard did their very best with a much much smaller team then they have now. To recreate every zone in the original game, add new zones. With new mechanics. They made an expansion + the overhaul. Because you don’t like the quest doesn’t mean they are bad. I’m personally np fan of the linear quests myself. But I can appreciate the effort they’ve put into some of those zones. They tried to much for one expansion.
Yet the good things are overshadowed.
You mention the heroics. If you did any heroics during TBC, you know that Wotlk was already easy. Cata was actually harder in terms of heroics for a while compared to Wotlk.

From that list, World Quests are bad IMO, and the new animations, and especially the removal of our original characters, are the devil - the one thing I hold personally against the people who implemented it and signed off on it. I don’t much care about the new transmog system, personally: I decide on one mog for each character, and that’s as much as I look at it. (In fact, on balance, I’d like transmog removed, so long as we can hide the slots we can hide at the moment, but that’s a longer conversation.)

But when you say “PVP-only abilities” I get downright outraged. Legion was the expansion where they destroyed all classes, making them narrow specs, and had the gall to call it “class fantasy”, and gave us the Artefacts and their traits to distract us from what a huge thing we had lost. The PvP talents are a pitiful dribble of what we once had.

5 Likes

This is really interesting, how you use the word balance for a cosmetic system, I want to know more now.

In the amount of stuff to do, I agree, BFA can’t be worse than WoD, but there is a difference between people logging in because of necessity to not fall behind and logging in because it is fun. In both cases WoD and BFA are not fun, BFA just has an incentive to make people play, unlike WoD.
From my personal experience - I do Emissaries, Invasions and WQ for AP and the rep, that gives me 2.5k ap per 10 000 reputation. Is it fun? No, I just auto pilot through it, while watching SC remastered tournaments on the 2nd monitor.
M+ compared to Legion is also a failiure if we regard how much less people are doing them. A lot of players once hitting an artificial ilvl cap of their own, don’t even bother doing M+ outside the weekly 10. I can’t speak for more than my personal experience, but I have had 3.7k rainderio score in Legion, while during BFA I cba pushing keys, just of how badly designed the dungeons, except Freehold, are in my opinion.

Evertime I think of WoD I just think of the horrbile solo empty Garrison…

I still had more fun in WoD than BfA and Legion.

5 Likes

By “balance” there, I didn’t mean in any technical sense, just “weighing the pros against the cons”.

Ok, Had hoped for a really interesting answer :joy:
But this makes sense.

Oh, but why would I raid if I get the same gear for zero effort from those fillers? (Warfronts, M+ Chest).

And btw, raiding is casual

1 Like

Compared to BfA, WoD was a masterpiece…

6 Likes

Mate I loved wod, was basically my favourite expansion. BFA I hate with an absolute passion.

BFA was a hole in the ground for me that I couldn’t climb out of quickly enough #quit.

2 Likes