World buffs removed on raid entry

At the same time, we could argue that the world buff meta wasn’t in the original game in the original game too. The #nochanges outcome is a game is the same as the original game only in theory, theoretically, people in 2006 could do the WB meta if they knew it as we know it today but they didn’t, in fact, I am sure if that would happen back in 2006 Blizzard would have heavily nerfed WB in Vanilla. On the contrary #somechanges like this about WB, or others about drums, will make the game more like the original game as we played 15 years ago, is more authentic. I don’t care if WB or 20 LW meta could had happened back then, when I played it didn’t happen, so it shouldn’t happen now, in this case, #nochanges is actually a change, and a bad change, because it makes the game less authentic.

1 Like

Wbuff meta did exist in vanilla though, on a smaller scale.

I like this change. I was just arguing with misspelled soup that there’s going to be ATLEAST 1 guy who stands by #nochanges, neither good nor bad, outside the game or in. Which he doesn’t understand but I tried.

Maybe you believe that even with #NoChanges you are not so extremist to not want any change and you accept to have a discussion to determine if a change is good or not, like this things about drums or WB. But back before Classic was released the #NoChanges were mostly extremist who didn’t accept any discussion about any change, they shut down any discussion with the argument that just talking about it could leave to LFR and microtransactions. And that is why we end having Speel batching, WB meta and rush AV. Now that people have actually played the game most are realizing this extreme #NoChanges was a bad idea.

1 Like

Thanks maybe he’ll get it now

The boost was introduced in MoP, it IS by definition a retail feature and you’re just doing mental gymnastics to make it pass as equivalent to the RAF system.

When it was released, we were in an era where players “normally” played the game and Blizzard didn’t try to milk the game dry as they are doing today. The RAF system was a free (contrary to the boost) catch-up mechanism and players were not yet at a point where they viewed it as an abusable system. I’d still argue that it is just a bandaid to the flawed leveling design nonetheless, but that’s not the subject.

Should the RAF system be introduced today, it will be an obvious failure in terms of “Friend recruitement to the game” and will just be used to powerlevel accounts. Classic was a good proof that doing the exact same thing won’t necessarily result in the exact same result, and it will obviously be the case with the RAF system.

Similar to the RAF system, or at least how it would be used if it was implemented today, the boost is much more of a “easy cash out of lazy players system” rather than a “catch-up mechanic”, simply because the majority of boost users are probably either already playing Classic and don’t want to bother leveling an alt, or people already acquainted with wow who want to try TBC but are too lazy to bother leveling in Classic.

The “I have never played WoW Classic but I’m interested in Burning Crusade Classic. How can I join my friends?” FAQ part is a whack excuse, why would you ever be interested in an expansion in of a game you’ve never played before? It’s obviously not the target of the boost.

That’s absolutely not removing WB in Classic, that’s on the contrary entrenching them even deeper in the meta. Blizzard being complete idiots once again.

To be fair a mindcontrolled buff is not the same as a worldbuff so it might not be included :wink:
But yes, I didn’t think they would do this, so it makes me wrong in this area, GZ :slight_smile:

1 Like

RAF was a boost in another form really. By just leveling with your friends you could literally grant levels to low level characters to gain free level 60s… My point that boosting, however you see it is not a retail feature, you could gain a level 60 char without actually playing on that char. Ff that isn’t another form of boost idk what to say…

It would be used as back then to gain free level 60s, many of them. It would also mean less leveling on landscape over time since many would use this to gain as many levels as possible. So nah, I think a 1 time boost is better.

Dude, there are TONS of people who have not played TBC before, including me! There are also TONS of people who played TBC but dont want to play classic. There are also NEW players who wants to join since the arena system and heroics got introduced to the game. Many SL players want to opt in as well.

Who is the target then? PLayers that already have many level 60 chars? I think not. Its time consuming as it is to keep up with 1 70 character in TBC.

Milk the game dry lol… U get classic and SL with the sub, its 12$ a month… Its 2 pizzas each month. And then an optional boost that will increase the revenue for classic project… I support that, but there are ofc limits.

I didn’t play Vanilla before, so I had very little knowledge about the game at start. I did not check the forums, reddit or Classic news as much as I do now, so I don’t have knowledge about how prevalent the “adamant #nochanges” was, but I’ve been playing since Classic release, and so far I literally never met a single person who was extreme against ANY change.

I know that, for example, Spellbatching announcement was met by generally positive comments, but I never met anyone in-game who was openly in favor of it. I myself did not know what to think about it because I did not know how it will affect the game, and from what I’ve seen from guildies, friends and people around me, that was the case for the majority : Not having an opinion because of lack of knowledge.

So yeah, I believe that “adamant #nochanges”, a.k.a. players being against ANY change does not exist, and that it’s just
#NoChangesThatWouldTurnTheGameLikeRetail, like the boost.

On a last note, I suggest we avoid labelling, because some changes are good, some changes are bad, and being pure #nochanges or pure #prochanges is dumb for obvious reasons.

1 Like

The fact that you didn’t know anyone like this does not means they didn’t exist, just because you don’t believe in them they won’t fade out of existence. I have been on this forum since it was created and indeed most #nochanges that posted in the forums were extremist that didn’t allow the mere fact of having a discussion about any change. You only need to go to the last page of this forum and check any old posts from before Classic was launched.

And then Blizzard made Classic with extreme #nochanges because that is what they believe the players wanted. Of course, we could argue that there are not so many extremist #nochanges anymore, because there is a big difference between 2018 or 2019, and today, today we have played on a real game with #nochanges and we know things that we believe were to be praised like speel batches it is a bad decision, so today thankfully extremist #nochanges is no longer a majority.

The moral about those extreme #nochanges could be resume as we said in my country “Be careful what you wish for, cause it may become true”

1 Like

You got the message right, but you misunderstood the point.

I said that :
-It’s more of “paid system for lazy people” than a “catch-up system” (like RAF back in the day) because the 99.9% of future TBC players could level their future boosted character whenever they want right now, but will choose not to do so out of laziness.
-Blizzard implied in its FAQ that the boost was meant new players that want to join their friends on BCC, which is a lame excuse behind which they hide to not say they want to milk the lazy players.

Hence why it does not make sense to compare the old RAF (meant for new players to catch-up with their friends) with the boost (meant for players who just don’t want to put in time).

If people think something is so boring they rather pay 60$ I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t even play the game. My friend now opted in because of this boost, since he literally said he couldn’t spend the time levelling for months to play TBC.

Again lazy isn’t a good word here since its a game, it’s meant to be fun not some kind of job… And yes, its mostly aimed for new players since many players wont use it since they already got 1 or several level 60s. I will use it because my friend will play alliance on another server where he has his IRL friends.

It does makes sense comparing it, just as RAF would make people who otherwise wouldn’t spend months leveling. They enter the game BECAUSE of this catch up mechanic, same goes with the boost. Sorry but this is just how I see it.

I didn’t say they were removing WB; I said they were removing WB from your character if you enter a raid.

Could you please send an example?

This is one of the reasons I say that #nochanges is being used as a scapegoat.

-Players were against GCD changes in retail
-Players were against individual loot in retail
-Players were saying that the legendary system in Legion sucked since beta, yet it did not change until the end of the expansion
And there are a plethora of other examples that I don’t remember anymore. Yet everything was implemented against an overwhelming negative feedback.

But now suddenly, Blizzard listened and ended up not doing anything in Classic and this lack of action is explained by #nochanges?

I heavily doubt it and it doesn’t have anything to do with being #nochanges #prochanges #allchanges or #whateverchanges.

You pay to play a game in which you pay to not play the game because you want the rewards without putting in the efforts.

Even putting aside the fact that microtransactions are cancer, I don’t see how this is not laziness…

Yeah you want to play the part of the game that you like, and so do I, but paying to skip the game and get the rewards reduces the value of commitment in a game.

1 Like

Because levelling is a repetitive tiny part of TBC, time consuming yes, repetitive definitely. I payed for boost back in MOP, its what got me into the game, and I have played that char since, levelling and all!

Vanilla levelling is a part of the game which many people don’t enjoy, especially since 99% of them are boosting through payed dungeons.

I enjoy levelling in vanilla though, just can see why people don’t. As I said, it started with a boost in MOP but it also made me level alts… So stop with this doom and gloom attitude.

Mate stop hiding between excuses and namecalling, you do whatever you want at the end, but printing texts of justification won’t change the fact that this is laziness by definition, you’re paying money to get rewards without effort.

Imagine Blizzard implements a button that instantly levels any character to level 70 and that is free to use.

Do I want that in the game? No.
Would that be bad for the game? Yes.
Would I use it if it is implemented? Yes.
Would I be lazy if I use it? Yes.

Make the difference between what you want, what you do, and what is good for the game.

1 Like

I agree with you. But I think this implementation is fine… they have not crossed any lines here IMHO.

Maybe they crossed your line, but I can only speak for my self and other people I know.

I already said this in another topic, but while the boost is technically crossing the line, it is limited enough to be fine on its own. The problem is the upcoming slippery slope, which some claim is a fallacy, but I think that the last 15 years of retail are a good proof that this is no fallacy.

I don’t believe that the “boost will ruin TBC”, but I do believe that it’s the first sign of upcoming ruin. Retail didn’t reach its current state with 1 change, it was death by a thousand cuts. And because Blizzard will probably keep going since they saw that the boost was generally accepted by the community, I’m standing against it.

That’s only in TBC. For Classic, the system is just about saving them for later. The guy you answered to asked to apply the TBC system to Classic.