World of RecycleCraft

what u expect on a game forum? solving world hunger? strange comment

who cares about some fashion choice from the next tier? :smiley: the gameplay must be good, if they copy paste some old sets with updated models its fine
maybe its no copy paste on purpose at some point you repeat some stuff in a theme, like elemental equipement fashion.

I care about many parts of game not just 1

The only similarity are the shoulders. Other than that, it’s a different set. I might wear the reputation one, but wouldn’t touch the shaman set since the robe is simply not my thing.

That’s also incorrect. They’re adding more dungeons. It’s just 4 that will become part of the m+ rotation. You’ll be able to do more new dungeons on difficulties from normal to mythic0.

There is 8 but only 4 will be m+ for S1.

Mage Tower and ToS rebranded t6 :slight_smile:

imagine coming into a new job… the guy before was so good at it and had his own style…

but had to leave because of controversy … you been employed to fill the gap…

your mission is to emulate the previous employees work and learn his style in a tiny space of time…

so what do you do…

rather than making new assets …

you take existing assets and minorly adjust them so they look a tiny bit different…

(this is my theory)

1 Like

It’s not even that. The shoulders are literally the only similarity in these two sets. The rest is just… completely different items. I wouldn’t be too surprised by recolours for reputation sets (I think Zereth Mortis cloth is a twist on the Antorus set? not sure) but this isn’t even that.

if you ask me … the “shoulders” are the centre piece of wow armour…

when i asked my buddie to try wow years ago he said no but his reason was…

the shoulders on the armour look too big…

it was the shoulders that he noticed not anything else.

Sl really doubled down on HUGE SHOULDERPLATES ONLY, they’re super floaty

It kind of depends on armor type. For a lot of my cloth sets, I either use small shoulders or hide them altogether. Chestpieces are what I’ll build a transmog around, more often than shoulders.

1 Like

i guess it can depend on the persons preference.

to me it was always the shoulders… back in vanilla and TBC days when i looted a green shoulder piece for my armour type, not lying it used to fill me up with so much joy because it made me look completely different and i felt like i was progressing because of that.

so to me at least variation in armour appearance is very important in that case, if everything looks the same then there is no sense of progression.

1 Like

Coldshade, I would totally understand if they were as you said similar, however, in this case, it is the same shoulder, which was changed from mail to cloth.

I really like this concept to be honest, and they look amazing, I wish they would upgrade the Vanilla sets too like that.

But the set from DF and WOD literally same shoulders without even minor changes.

1 Like

I was referring to the similarity between these two sets as a whole. Shoulders are a recolour, I’ll give you that. But the rest of that set is just entirely different.

I agree with that but that makes it even weirder to me as it’s different to e.g. Daestra’s example when it’s clear it’s the same upgraded look, that happens and it’s kinda nice for old sets. This is really just the shoulders ^^ I don’t think it has a precedent, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Also, as stated before, the shaman ones are supposed to be mail and these are cloth, that doesn’t make sense.

I’ll use it shrugs but Blizz really do need to buck their ideas up and get new designs out.

When looking at new expansions gear sets/mounts etc, you have to look it from a “brand new” player perspective. This will all be original to them but from a LTP perspective you will pick up very quickly the recycling of assets or recolors or subtle and minor changes.

Been happening since TBC. You could get a pally T2 recolor for dungeon loot there, and there exists similar examples throughout WoW history.

I have never seen a plate becoming a mail, or leather becoming a plate, or cloth becoming a plate unless it is a cosmetic so far.

But what they did right now is literally a mail shoulders turned into a cloth.

At least we have the transmog feature unlike for Classic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There’s a bunch of recolours that were never released in game and honestly they should add them in some form of content but not as a reward for pve tier or pvp conquest sets.

Tbh the main reason the rebranded T6 recoloured mage tower sets are good is because the actual sets that belonged to that tier looked good.

I’m all for also revisiting older tier sets and giving them a polished upgraded look like legion did with T6 but this just looks like a copy paste + fiddling with the colour hue slider.

We sure this isn’t just a placeholder?