World of warcraft a.k.a. Pay To Win

Boosting communities only take gold for boosts.

If you are talking about shady third party sites that is wholly different and breaking the rules.

4 Likes

I can remember guilds selling the ZA mount runs in TBC for 35k trade and forums full of the spam atleast the forums are not like it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

On my old servers there was only one guild that really ever sold any boosts and they didn’t even advertise because anyone that wanted one knew who to contact and they apparently were always booked. But it was also just raid boost, no one else ever sold any other type of boosting which was nice. I do think boosting has gone down a bad road because well, huge communities and a bunch of shady stuff going on in the first place. They really min-maxxed boosting like everything else in this game which has caused it to have a detriment in the amount of spam in in-game channels that’s noticeably higher than it was pre-legion. If Blizzard made it so the people could only advertise on the very server they actually play on I think that’d fix a lot of it and only allow one person per community/guild to advertise within 10 minutes of one another.

As far as it being pay to win, depends on your definition of ‘win’. I think there’s a reason why most people consider ‘parses’ to be wins now over raid clears, etc. But for some people just getting to max level is their ‘win’ so really depends. This game on technicalities cannot be ‘won’ because it’s never ending.

Boosting has always been part of wow. The token just increased the visibility of it. Blizzard grew the market with the token, the gold and boost sellers thank them.

3 Likes

I swear those moaning about boosting seem to have zero clue about it. Games, every game, that has any form of progression has had boosting as far the systems will allow them to do so. If it is for an in game currency then there is zero issue, what, do you not buy an improved car, do you not go to the supermarket, do you not buy other services in real life with the funds you’ve earned in that real life, as such I’ve zero issue with a player buying a boosting service with gold they’ve earned in game, it is simply a transactional way of life.

On the other hand RMT is an issue, but, and this is the major one, Blizzard can do so little about it other than banning the associated accounts should they be found, you can’t close down ebay, can’t shut down third party websites, no company has ever been able to do so, hell, for DAoC boosting I used to sell on ebay,

You can buy token for real money, exchange it for gold and buy any part of content you want by paying other ppl to do it for you. Thats how its p2w.

2 Likes

Have you ever done the maths to work out how much say, KSM or 1600 rating would cost?

Are u from yesterday a bit slower then average joe,

Real Money → WOw Gold → Boost in PvP → best gear ingame → winning over player u outgear

Pay Too Win

5 Likes

For example, it is currently 272k per 1 WoW token, so a rate of £15/272,000gold.

Going from the current pricing of the most commonly known boosting community we are talking a ballpark figure of:

1,000,000g for a Heroic 10/10 SoD - £60
400,000g for 1 M15 in time, - £30 (x8 for KSM)
2,500,000g for 0-1500 rating PvP - £140

Are we dealing with millionaires here, I can’t see average Joe dropping this much dime on tokens for it, the figures simply do not work.

1 Like

You don’t win. So you have good gear? Do you know how to use it? These people expose themselves easily in PuGs.

People buy drugs too that doesnt mean its okay and should be legal

But there are, not all, but some boosting communities that do the boosting for the third party sites. Whether its direct boosting for irl money, or selling the gold they’ve made from boosting for irl money.

Not milioners but lots of ppl living in eu can afford it anyway. If they didnt there wouldnt be so many boost offers at current prices cuz no1 would buy them its simple.

Sure. Pay some thousands of euro’s. Buy your CE, KSM and loot. Consider yourself “Winner of the game”. Unsub after 2 weeks. Have fun! Be my guest.

1 Like

But what exactly do you WIN?

For example, I could buy the best gear out there, but I’m bad at the game, I would still lose to a better player! So what exactly have I won?

1 Like

I never really see it.

I haven’t bought a boost. And I’m doing fine.

Definitely not true for me.

Not true for me either. And even IF I really wasn’t able to find anyone to play with, I’d sooner quit than buy a boost.

It really depends on your mindset.
I don’t believe there is a way to ‘win’ WoW.
So then the logical conclusion is; WoW isn’t pay to win.

If you think getting an achievement is winning the game, then… Believe that. I don’t.
If you think getting a piece of gear is winning the game, then… Believe that. I don’t.
If you think doing a raid is winning the game, then… Believe that. I don’t.

The only content where I believe you can ‘win’ is PvP. And I really couldn’t care less what happens in PvP.

2 Likes

In PvP scenario gear advantage which is huge thing in pvp it sometimes determines if you can survive burst with your hp pool or not. Even if you wont play as good as players on your bought ranking you can still go play casual bgs or other pvp activites where ppl play for fun and dont have high end gear like you so you will smash them ez.

In pve scenario m+ score or curve that lets you into dungeons/raids eaisly ans you either get carried by others and get gear that other players have to work their way to or you will just destroy fun for others.

In both scenarios you get adventage and instant gear that other have to work for and grind lot of content.

Tldr: you win adventage.

1 Like

What a lie. Just lfg or chat.

3 Likes

Yeah, I never read those.
:man_shrugging:t3:

Group chat or whispers is basically what I read.

So no lie. It’s just where your focus lies.
If I were to look for it, I could probably find it yeah, but I don’t WANT to look for spam.

My bad then. My apologises too.