World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview

It’s on Row 9 of all the SPEC trees.

Convoke the Spirits: Call upon the Druidic ancestors for an eruption of energy, channeling a rapid flurry of 16 Druid spells and abilities over 4 seconds. You will cast Starsurge, Starfall, Moonfire, Wrath, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Rake, and Thrash on appropriate nearby targets, favoring your current shapeshift form.

As a choice between it and other spells.

Yeah thanks. I did look at the trees, but since it’s a choice thing, I haven’t seen the familiar icon.

And a quick Ctrl+F also didn’t find it because it was on other tabs :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not an ideal placement… they should put any spells that are the exact same in the Class tree, not in the Spec trees where they duplicate it 2/3/4 times depending on class.

Yeah, that was my assumption as well. I guess the reason is that, whatever its alternatives are, they are different between specs, and they don’t want us to have both Convoke and its counterpart.

It looks somewhat interesting on first impressions, but there really should be some more baseline abilities and lot more new choices and playstyles available to create, instead of having nearly same gameplay as SL for 90% of talents. I would like if it was possible to make same spec play very differently depending on the talents.

For example you could have 1 unholy dk focus entirely on minions, while other on diseases. Druid on dots, or castable hits and so on.

4 Likes

It’s funny when you look at the Druid Guardian choice… it goes against:

Incarnation, Guardian of Ursoc: An improved Bear Form that grants all of your known Berserk effects, causes Mangle to hit up to 3 targets, and increases maximum health by 30%. Lasts 30 seconds. You may freely shapeshift in and out of this improved Bear Form for its duration.

30% more hp for 30 seconds? Lmao… seems like mandatory for progression, they’ll pick Convoke for farm bosses.

Well it is the 1st iteration, 90% the same is what i’d expect at this point.
If it ends up 60-70% or so difference from SL in the end form, then it’ll be fresh enough for a new expac.

#PullTheRipCord
Wtf is this? You take away baseline abilities and put them in as talents for “meaningful choice”.
Why dont we have NEW talents at all, in like YEARS ???

17 Likes

Yeah, i imagine it will change over time. They can have same SL playstyle for half of the talents, but other half could be fresh new ways to experience class/specs. Especially since we wont have any borrowed power, apart for sets.

I like the concept of the trees, but too many core abilities requires spending points.
From what I can tell I need to spend most of the points to get stuff back that I already have today as baseline abilities. I think the Classic/TBC approach is better where most of the talents are modifiers to baseline abilities, with a few active choices. Stuff like Bonestorm, AMZ, Lichborne and Abomination’s Limb are good choices to put in talent trees as none of these are tied to core gameplay for any spec.
However playing Blood DK without heart strike, marrowrend, blood boil, vampiric blood and dancing rune weapon?? That’s not even an option, hence the concept of “choice” is gone.

They need to take core spec abilities out of those trees and make them baseline.

15 Likes

They could… but remember, the new talents could be trash for gameplay.

Sometimes you (generally speaking) want the expac/patch out faster so they don’t ruin your spec with more time. lol

But i like new stuff too, can’t wait to see the ret/paladin trees. xD
After seeing druids get mark of the wild back, i hope palas get kings/might back!

Can you plot out a tree-line of the talents for the Blood DK?
Going by what’s shown, what do you lose and what do you gain? Comparing with what you have now i mean.

At the moment, the options for blood and frost look great, which means that they will probably change it :frowning:
The most important thing is that they are going to keep the crw and the set so that blood will be playable (at least in seasons 2 and 3 when we have haste)

If you can give healers their Magic dispell baseline, you can give all specs their interrupt as a baseline spec ability.
Having to spend 2 spec points just to get the best version of your interrupt as Balance is gonna feel terrible.

2 Likes

It seems like you still have to pick a spec and that spec determines your available choices. If so, I’m a bit disappointed. I wanted to be able to mix-up spec abilities to make blends. I solo a lot so being mostly DPS with extra survivability in the form of a tank spec ability is the kind of thing I was hoping to be able to do. I don’t want to be restoration druid or a guardian. I just want to be a druid and what that means is up to me. All that’s going to translate to is pure role choices being a must have for group content. I feel like this is going to make the build pingeonholing worse not better. Glassier cannons, tankier tanks, etc. and we will be punished for not playing accordingly. “Sorry, you didn’t take fire blast 3 so you can’t group with us. Git gud.”

I don’t necessarily agree with the criticism of core abilities being on things you have to purchase so long as the article sticks to what it said and offers those first and high in the tree. It does feel a bit weird that we don’t get a truly meaningful choice until level 10.

Is it true that Harry Kane will take loan for Man.utd?

I can’t really comment on the specifics of the talent trees because I don’t play either of these classes; can you give any indication as to when the other class trees will be previewed, particularly (for my purposes) Warrior and Shaman?

1 Like

How would you tell? Are we going to have to do interviews now even for PUGs? Have extra addons that examine builds? The insanity grows.

Well currently you can just inspect a player for their talents…
You’ll notice really fast if your DK didn’t take Mind Freeze when you inspect them in DF.

2 Likes

A lot of negativity on this post - stop kidding yourselves 99% of you are off straight to wowhead and copying their builds

8 Likes

I’m part of the 1%, but i’m actually 99% rebel!

2 Likes