World of warcraft: Dragonflight!

Drakonid are mortals empowered by the dragons they serve, via intentional alteration or via “unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”.

We don’t actually know how they came to be? And how would the dragons replenish their numbers as mortals and dragons don’t actually spend much time together anymore.

I can’t really see non-evil dragons (red, blue, bronze, green, nether) forcibly converting mortals into drakonids either?

Can you quote it? I’m at work and not ingame atm…

I am frikkin’ #Hype

What? It says it in what you quoted.
And fewer mortal spending time with them isn’t 0. And you don’t know how many there were in the first place.

Drakonids were mortals who were transformed.

Wait, I’mma come back to you once I get home cuz shifts ending.

Not too sure about the pre-purchase, but it should* be included when it releases! Could try asking Blizzard support?

*EDIT

This has been a thing since the Wyrmcult.

We have seen in it in the past. For example, humans can be “blessed” to become dragonspawn: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wyrmcult_Blessed.
There’s more on the subject but I’m too tired to post that.

Hey. I already know.
It also happens in Blackrock Caverns, to you or the adds.
And then there’s the Dragonmaw Ascended on Netherwing Ledge.
Probably more I can’t think of.
Slap Shadowtwili for me.

1 Like

I would if the nimble little blighter didn’t keep running under tables!

Oke, while I stand corrected on the fact not many new drakonids are created (tho admittedly most of those are made by other mortals and evil dragonflights/their followers).

This still doesn’t mean drakonid and dragonspawn would/should be infertile and should just as well be able to lay their own eggs to continue their own “species”, since I sincerely doubt the Red, Green, Bronze or Blue Dragonflights would forcibly convert enough mortals into drakonids or dragonspawn to replenish their dwindling numbers.

And no, we haven’t seen that before isn’t an argument against that, in my humble opinion. Because you’d accept an outright retcon of the drakonid’s origin story, but not an addition to their lore were new drakonids can be born"naturally" through laying eggs or can be created through magical ways.

:person_shrugging:

Can’t catch me, gramps!

1 Like

It isn’t the case as it stands.
They are mortals transformed by dragons.
No eggs.
No mating.

No lore for or against that though?

I feel you’re just being obtuse, so I’m not going to engage with you further on the matter.

Asking for your sources about them bieng infertile or refusing to lay clutches of eggs is obtuse?

This new abhorrent pet from the preorders retcons that though, doesn’t it?

That said we’ll likely see Blizzard expanding on and further ruining this topic anyway, given how they will milk every ounce of dragons-related lore in the next expansion.

1 Like

Remember when Blizzard retconned the Drakonids from bieng Nefarian’s experiments and made them one of two warrior servant species of all dragonflights?

They basicly gave the Dracthyr the Drakonids OG origin story but replaced Nefarian with Neltharion.

Also, it’s NOT a retcon, unless you can source me that drakonids were unable to create their own offspring?

It’s instead a expanding of Drakonid lore.

Why are you obsessed with arguing for scalies being allowed to fornicate in the setting instead of being the results of dragon magic?

Source on this:

• July 10, 2014 – “@Loreology
Dragonmen = Drakonids? To create dragonmen without Nefarian’s influence possible?” “Metzen has ruled that they are separate races from the dragon race. They became dragonspawn and drakonid thanks to the dragons they served (via intentional alteration or via “unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”).”

Yeah they just retconned this with the introduction of a drakonid hatchling. If what your deranged brain wants to be true was an actual thing within the setting we’d have seen an abundance of drakonid teen/child creatures that weren’t hulked out humanoid monstrosities.

sOurCe oF yOuR sOuRcE?

Consider yourself reported, disgusting little man. If you think that is the reason why I want to have sources for your headcanon.

I see absolutely nothing in that statement that they’d lose their fertility after bieng blessed/uplifted/transformed by the magic of the dragons?

Also, why are you guys going hysterical over a non-existent retcon, but you’re alright with drakonid even bieng around?

That’s not an argument, there’s no ogre females or children ingame either, yet they clearly exist.

2 Likes

That about sums up my interactions with you. What a militant creep lol.

Wait… you’re insulting me, calling me deranged brain or a militant creep, while all I ask for is a source about drakonids bieng unable to lay eggs?

I am not above admitting when I am wrong, as I clearly did when showed evidence that Drakonid are still bieng made by dragons (and their allies/servants), as helpfully supplied by Zaphius and Distantpeak, but literally no one is able to give me a source that says drakonids are infertile.

Instead I keep getting quoted the fact they:

became dragonspawn and drakonid thanks to the dragons they served (via intentional alteration or via “unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”).”

But where does it say they lose their fertility?

just when their shares are crashing because of Diablo Immortal and the company is once again not in the best spotlight they drop that their biggest game will get its expansion this year. I think it is a clear tactical move to go away from yet another desaster by showing the next shiny carrot. Pretty sure they will delay it and know far well already that they will, but hey. Wow sales are up dear shareholders!!

1 Like