World of warcraft: Dragonflight!

I thought Diablo Immortal was doing pretty alright? :frowning:

Didn’t it just get banned in China? I thought I read something about that earlier.

Edit:

It’s been delayed after it’s Weibo (??) account got banned in China.

https://www.techradar.com/news/diablo-immortal-delayed-in-china-after-social-media-ban

The release of Diablo Immortal in China has been postponed only days before its scheduled launch, and less than a week after the RPG’s official Weibo account was banned for making derisive comments about the country’s leadership.

Edit 2: Also, Mori’s right, apparently it is doing quite good.

The game is no commercial flop, however. Diablo Immortal has already generated $24 million through its in-game microtransactions, with the majority of that revenue coming from US and South Korean players.

Shadowlands isn’t a very “complex” expansion, though. It could be that they have been working on it for some time. I mean, just look at Oribos. That doesn’t scream “needed a lot of time to make” to me.

They likely have different teams working on different things, too.

And I am not too fond of the dracthyr. But I think the dragonflights will provide a more interesting version of “covenants” than the current covenants do, if they still go down that way.

2 Likes

I think/hope that the lack of a ridiculous system this time around might have made it easier for them to develop the expansion, and at a faster rate. Still, I do think that a delay is entirely possible (if not likely) and that this is just an idea the marketing department had to rake in money and turn attention away from Immortal.

I’m happy enough this expansion will take place on Azeroth. That’s honestly enough for me at this point (and goes to show how utterly mindbroken I am as a Warcraft fan.)
Ultimately, new zones to RP in and a new race to explore is enough for me to be rather hopeful and optimistic, not that I think Blizzard deserves my optimism after two failed expansions in the first place.

1 Like

Eh, I am not so sure if I am fond of the covenant-system either tbh. Like, its nice that you can customise or tweak your character further, but I felt that the covenants should have been purely cosmetic in the first place, instead of altering a move to the point that one specific covenant almost feels mandatory for raiding/mythic plus/pvp. Allow players more freedom in what they want.

But yes, atleast the system of borrowed power is out of this expansion so, I’ll take that one atleast.

Haha, hello people, I am back from my suspens–

Wait, why are we arguing about the fertility of dragon people on a children’s game?

Oh God, no… Not the egg :poop: again, not again.

I’d like to think it’s WoD/Legion situation WoD got shoved on backburner as resources diverted to Legion. But I have doubts.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree here. While drakonids and dragonspawn descend from mortals, they could have become their own race capable of mating and reproducing.

But… eh, the mental imagery of dragonspawn being busy laying eggs is a bit gross, let’s not go there.

1 Like

Don’t be a debate bro on this for the love of god

Pick and choose your battles

2 Likes

why do gamers always get so sweaty about mating habits of fictional races and characters

5 Likes

Just like SL

Isn’t there like… Multiple dragonkin battlepet hatchlings you can get?

I’d bet thats just a date to appease investors. They will push it back . Which would be a good thing. As they did with Shadowlands

1 Like

I find Dragonflight extremely lukewarm so far from what I’ve seen of it but Shadowlands isn’t a high bar to surpass, so, we’ll see

If people resort to insults for little to no reason which is common af on the forums, better off just not entertaining them in future, n stick to talking/debating with reasonable people

1 Like

I’d wait personally.
From the packs, its just eh. Dragon mount looks good but for some reason it reminds me of Ysera. Is it a mount you seat on top or does it work like Sandstorm one? Where your character is turned into it.

Wings as a backpack look too small and not animated. I would personally prefer them to be more “closed” and long so it gives more weight to it.

The rest idk. After SL I am skeptical so we will see. I guess that, still, it wont change much in the end and to keep playing the game, one has to stick to end game.

Friendly reminder this is the first green dragon mount after the rare green drake mount, a rare piece to obtain!

One is graphically horrendous, the other beautiful and it costs only 25 bucks.

I find it amusing the near across the board wave of caution the annoucement provoked. Even on WoW related sites that inhale vast amounts of Slands Brand Copium, you can feel the strong wariness in the responses.

1 Like

Given the general reception to the 9.2 reveal /haste + general consensus of Slands? Not surprised.

1 Like

I feel for your guys n gals, imagine tryna arrest a dracy or two on your own lol
An image of Sauron swiping the front ranks comes to mind