Shadowlands Discussion (SPOILERS)

Lmaooo imagine getting sent to one of the big 4 realms and having to work in death instead of getting your own, personalized afterlife to chill out in.

:joy:

1 Like

Do them as a new Death Knight?

What about undead Death Knights?

They’ve been raised twice!

Do the Forsworn of Bastion prove that the Arbiter’s judgements aren’t infallible and perfect?

If it was perfect, how could the souls assigned to Bastion ‘fail’ and become Forsworn instead of being purified into Kyrians?

The Arbiter is infallible, the people send there aren’t?

If the Arbiter was infallible, only those who wouldn’t fail would be sent to Bastion.

Fair enough, guess he isn’t infallible :man_shrugging:

Either that, or the arbiter deemed failure in the trials the proper fate for these souls.

Isn’t arbit-rarily deciding people’s eternal fates fun?

1 Like

Can’t believe that they were fated to fail and turn evil and get exterminated by the “”“good”"" Kyrians.

1 Like

Such is (after)life.

Big Sister knows what’s best for you.

Please no. Resurrection is such a can of worms that I just prefer to treat it as not available to RPers (who are not supposed to be as exceptional as the Commander/Highlord/Champion of Azeroth).

Aaaand goodbye Bastion, hello nebulous pandaren afterlife of ‘joining the land/ancestors’.

2 Likes

I prefer to imagine that Pandaren “Afterlife” is just like KFP’s spirit realm where everyone, not just masters are chillin’.

Like forsaken? Jokes aside, one of my old forsaken characters died once in RP and was brought back to unlife later on. …Although raising into undeath is different from an actual resurrection.

I think in certain cases a character’s death and resurrection could be used to improve the RP experience, especially when death/resurrection has a positive impact on the story. However in general resurrection can feel arbitrary and ultimately using it as an average resource defies the relevance of death (and finitude) in the story. So I’d use it very carefully.

Edit.
Anyway. On topic it should be noted that the four zones in which we are going (like Bastion) aren’t really the only ones out there. Surely the pandaren’s afterlife hasn’t been retconned out of existence (assuming it was real to begin with) but instead it just isn’t something where we are sent to save the shadowlands. According to Blizzard, there are “infinite” shadowlands regions out there.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/889961.jpg

DK covenant actives

Venthyr makes me weak. :weary: Old school Unholy Blight that generates resources? Yes please.

https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2019/11/18/an-exclusive-tour-of-world-of-warcraft-shadowlands-revendreth

Some interesting tidbits about the Venthyr and their activities.

“… a view of the fog-filled forest where the Venthyr schedule hunts on tortured souls, sending them out with a false sense of security and hope they run away, then track them down and “humble” them.”

Classy.

Cool guys doing cool things.

Also separate to that and more in general: "The entryway itself is suffering disrepair, as are the buildings and structures across the castle grounds. This is a problem that many of the Shadowlands zones have, as no new souls are coming in due to everyone being routed to the Maw. "

according to interviews the Maw-For-All stuff started sometime during legion, so within 1-2 years of when we get to shadowlands.

Everything started falling into disrepair that quickly? The afterlife is weaksauce.

3 Likes

I bet they only decided on this after they had already made a lot of the assets.

3 Likes

I take it the Maw is dead?

Why are people saying that the Shadowlands is devaluing death?

When people die they end up in the shadowlands and in one of the many, many, many different realms within and their souls turn into anima… with some exceptions appearantly?

Why is that devaluing death more so than being able to resurrect someone who died?