World of Warcraft Shadowlands

Except that there are other ways to combat the old gods, and she was just paranoid as usual and fears that “No one can understand…”

This is Illidan garbage all over again.

1 Like

which basically is blizzard’s way of story telling. More the reason as to why we think this leak is legit.

But there isn’t a way to combat the old gods EVERYTHING IS CORRUPTABLE apart from the,
dead and that’s why the plan for us all to die was put in motion

Yeah sure, it’s not like we have the Light or anything. It’s not like we’ve been beating the old gods since Vanilla or anything…

This is why I think Bellular has it right when he says its very “Blizz-like”. Blizzard storytelling has always been a bit over-the-top and at times illogical, even long since before the WoW days.

So I try not to overthink it and focus on the broader picture rather than the nitty gritty details.

1 Like

Shows how morally bankrupt they are. But what else to expect from the company who created and redeemed Kerrigan…

It seems that the trope of “Poor, misunderstood suffering edgelord who does horrible things for the greater good” is the only kind of storytelling they’re capable of regarding the main stories…

Oh and of course #MorallyGrey

yea right. the LIGHT. That helped out a lot. Lightforged draenei are slaughtering mag’har orcs in order to forcibly convert them to the light. because LIGHT told them to do so.

Naaru’s left and right turning into void entities. It’s not even been that long since legion happened. You saw how LIGHT helped out.

At least, if you want to bring up a secondary choice, give us a good one. Not this light that blizzard’s been basically trying to explain for so long, that isn’t better than void.

Well, them making that move with the Mag’har scenario just shows how stupid the whole “morally grey” balance is and how everything must be morally greeeeeeeeey.

So tell me, why on earth should we follow her after being killed?
Because she said so?
And if it’s the only solution to getting rid of the old gods: why is no shaman talking to the spirits in the shadowlands, Vol’jin, any forsaken, the lichking, Bwonsamdi telling us. Or Eyir, who atleast could resurrect us? Why would Sylvanas as only one know about it, the one who is hated by nearly everyone who’s connected to death?
And when we look at all the heroes and far more powerful charas that died, why us?
I’m pretty sure that Aegwynn would be far more helpful than my mage. And ahe wouldn’t have to extra die for this

2 Likes

True, there are enough dead heroes and legends and armies in the Shadowlands. Why slaughter the living ones when it’s just a drop in the bucket in comparison?

You’re asking questions like that now?

a patch ago, Rastakhan died because alliance managed to trick the horde and zandalari army to nazmir.

Even forgetting about the fact that it basically takes 2 seconds to go back, there wasn’t a single mage in the horde and zandalari army combined, to create a portal back.

Not to mention that NO ONE inspected the zandalari fleet, while bombs were stuck on them for days.

Most of the dead don’t care. And none of them are coming back. Most likely the deal was made for those that sylvanas kills or results in killing.

Yeah and I guess all those civilians and children Sylvanas killed in Teldrassil and other places are also part of her ultimately noble goal?

Watch out N’zoth, Sylvanas is going to throw a bunch of dead children and civilians at you along with the military.

Nope.

That was just her plan to start an actual all out war.

Was it clean? No.
Was it praise worthy? Nope.

did it do what she intended? Yes.

And i’m pretty sure Tyrande or malfurion or basically night elves won’t forgive either. Unless she makes sure they all come back too and the tree is restored.

Either this, which is boring, or this will result in night elves having problems with the alliance because they’re planning on stopping the old gods with sylvanas, instead of standing against her.

Again, this looks like how blizzard does things.

Doesn’t change the fact that she should neither be redeemed nor praised as a saviour.

No one praised her as the saviour of azeroth.

We’re just stating the fact that, should the leaks be true, it means that sylvanas will be the one that saves the world. She won’t be a hero for doing it. She won’t be knows as its saviour. she’ll just be the person that DOES it.

I get that. But I still hope that it won’t happen. I don’t want Illidan with boobs.

1 Like

Sylvanas is a true wild card in a sea of generic characters.

Nobody believed that guy when he leaked WoD’s mind f of a story and it turned out 100% true.

Shadowlands seems ok.

if tis true id just play it to get new cap some decent gear so i can solo legion raids and actully earn the mogs and get more then 1/2pieces a raid

1 Like

Problem here is, that in this case it was just careless. The Zandalari were so proud of their fleet that an attack from the sea would have never been a thread for them. And it was a bigger army in Nazmir. Also remote-controlled detonating bombs stuck to ships is something Zandalari aren’t really familiar with.
And lastly portals is something you can’t really use for story telling. Otherwise the Horde could use portals to teleport huge plague canisters everywhere instead of letting their people fight.

Until now there was always an explanation to make stupid things seem less stupid (like Garrosh using a bronze dragon to travel into an AU draenor in the past). But this time they would have to explain a lot of things, not to forget that then a good portion of the expansion would have been pointless.

They could pull this off and we could finely get an old gods expansion :blush:

1 Like