"World of Warcraft Titan" discord server

Hi, I’m Darkthronian.

I’m a long time WoW fan and I’ve been playing the game since 2005.

A couple of months ago me and a friend, @gwaenna, started working on setting up an international World of Warcraft server, with the aim to become “the one place to check in on every day”.

What can we offer? you may ask.

This is what you will find in “World of Warcraft Titan”:

• News: You can choose to get Wowhead news directly into your mobile-/desktop application. This is a feature a lot of people really enjoy, as they can read the headline and decide to just swipe it away or click on it to read more.

• Streamers: We have some high profiled streamers featured, which you can choose to get notification from when they go live on Twitch.

• YouTube: The same goes for YouTube creators, choose which notifications you want to see. We have only 1 YouTube creator featured atm, so if you are interested in getting your YouTube channel featured in our discord, you can send us a DM.

• Chat: We have chat channels for things that might interest you, ranging from Lore to Raiding tactics, Class tips&tricks, Economy and secret solving++.

• eSports: We will have a channel where you can find all the upcoming WoW eSport events as well as keep you updated on the progress. This is also something you can opt in/out of getting notifications for.

• Discords: You can find discord invite links for all classes, realms (need to update this), Secret-finding community and much much more.

This is the major features we have at the moment, but we are always looking to add more interesting stuff if the demand is there.

So, why did we come up with this idea?

Back in the days, every WoW realm was its own closed community. People from different guilds met using the trade- and lfg chat and became friends that way. The social aspect of the game was what made people enjoy the game so much.

Today everyone use the group finder tool, queue up, get the run done and leave without communicating with other players at all. The social interaction is mostly done within the guild. Trade chat is completely destroyed by all the boosting sites spamming advertisements 24/7, making it impossible for us players to use the channels in any way. Most of us just hide the trade/lfg channels cause of this.

Over the past few years I’ve been joining various WoW related discords that has things that interest me, such as the secret-finding community, tsm, wow-market, class- and realm discords. But I’ve always wanted to join that one discord which has it all in one, or where I can easily find resources that I can use. There just hasn’t been one that met my demand.

So here it is, “World of Warcraft Titan”, the one place that has it all.

We finished setting up the discord yesterday, so any help growing the community would be greatly appreciated.

Discord Partnership is our first goal, this will allow us to get promotional help from other big discords. To achieve this we need to meet a few requirements, such as reaching 500+ members, have at least 50 unique people talking each week etc.

The primary goal is to become the #1 leading World of Warcraft discord, where people check in every day, find things they enjoy discussing and finding new friends.

Hope to see you there.

PS!
Feel free to use the #feedback channel if you want to have something added, or, just want to say what you like/dislike.

Kind regards,

-Darkthronian and Gwaenna-

12 Likes

Great idea man!

2 Likes

Mmo champ/wowhead is news paper of wow and their/this forums generally people use for discussion.

Why would people wanna go discord for that?

Hi.

The idea with this discord is to gather everything that’s wow related in one place. We don’t just have a news feed in our discord, it’s just one of many nice features you will find there.

Discord has so many advantages over a regular forum when it comes to discussing with other people.

1 Like

Politics and religion
We want this discord to be neutral when it comes to politics and religion. Conversations about politics/religion/racism is not allowed.

Why did Racism pop up here? Racism has nothing to do with Politics and Religion.

Instead of saying discussions about racism isn’t allowed, why not add a section about how being a racist is not allowed?

1 Like

That’s a good question. When setting the rules we wanted to make sure the discord will be used for WoW related stuff only. We want to avoid things that might trigger bad behaviour from people feeling offended by other users.

The wording of the rules is something we can easily change to make it more clear.

Setting up the discord has been a 2 man job so far and we definitely have a lot to learn. So please bear with us while we try to improve all aspects of the discord.

Wish you a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

115 members atm, at 500+ we can apply for Discord Partnership. :slight_smile:

A discord to link you to all the class discords in itself is a good idea.
There are so many good class discord servers, people just don’t know about them.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely. Took years until I discovered class discords myself. Wish I had found them earlier, but if you don’t know they exist you probably won’t look for them either.

One of the things we want with the World of Warcraft Titan discord is to have all the useful things gathered in one place for easy access.

I really like the idea. Sounds good to have everything in one place. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

We recently added another YouTuber to our featured list, this time Solheim who is focusing on gold making in both classic and retail. =)

Made an intro video for the discord: https://youtu.be/-4lj8iqs9pA

Hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

Update:

• Hit 400+ members tonight.
  • Our Beta guild on Torghast had 3 full test raids going! If you want to join future runs, do /who Titan on Torghast and ask anyone for an invite.

Hope to see you there, have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, and congrats!

1 Like

Today we finally reached our first goal, 500 members, which allows us to apply for Discord Partnership. :partying_face:

We’ve also added a new featured streamer, Professorflips. Have a look at what he’s doing, it’s quite impressive!! :open_mouth:

Stay tuned for more to come! :grinning:

4 Likes

Update:
We’ve added automated signup for Beta players for the upcoming Mythic test raid later this week. Hope to see you there. =)

Tonight we had yet another blast in the beta test raid. This time with 5 full raids!!

Thanks to everyone who participated. Was awesome to watch 5 streams simultaneously and see how each group attempted the bosses with different strategies! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.