World PvP is JOKE

Why is it that world pvp alliance are insanely OP, but in bgs they’re not?

Can someone explain this?

I have had so many fights now where the alliance player has 500k++ health and literally 3 hitting me…

Its pathetic, the game is worthless at this point.

3 Likes

guessing 2 things happen.

1. if your experience in WvW is like mine then you either meet 0 allies or 5+ allies.
  2. most likely you are grouped with people that are stronger or you are grouped with equally geared people.
4 Likes

haha you were just unlucky, in my shard it takes us at least 20 min to complete the world quest because the Horde waves just camp it, while we are 2-3 Ally. The faction balance favors the Horde and you are a DH btw try playing balance druid and getting 1 shot by everyone.

1 Like

On regular realms horde outnumbers alliance in WM, thus the latter often group up to increase their chance. Still the odds are against alliance.
On the other hand we have RP realms and the situation there is completly opposite due to being in different battle group. Ally have majority there and they still benefit from WM buff.

3 Likes

Bonus don’t matter for WPvP.

it might not matter for you but for some it does.

I do agree that they should remove the bonus completely but that is a different matter

3 Likes

How does it matter for WPvP?

WM is not WPvP.
WM is a mode where you get x% increased rewards for joining a shard you dominate, so as it is now it pushes the wrong kind of people into the mode and fixing that would make the mode more fun.

it matters as what drives WM is the extra reward not the possibility to get into combat with the other faction, now removing the extra WM reward that would not really be the chase as there is no extra reward to drive WM, then the chance for combat is what drives people to join WM.

1 Like

People can turn on WM for whatever reason they want. Doesn’t change the fact WM is a PvP mode. If they turn on WM for PvE reasons, that’s their problem if they get mashed. But if WM on for PvP, there’s no shortage of targets, usually.

“If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode.”
Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

1 Like

WM is a mode where PvP is enable true but that does not mean I need to agree that the way it is made currently is good or even descend, im off the opinion that the x% should be removed and the CTA’s quest should be removed or atleast redesigned to how they are currently.

does not mean i don’t like to fight random alliance or horde in the open world it means that there way the current systems work is bad there is a major difference.
I don’t agree with the PVE reward increases gained in WM.

and WM is not a PvP mode it is a mode with PvP enabled there is a difference.
BG’s or arena is a PvP mode.

1 Like

Becuzz, we boycott random BGs, if I were to ever play battlegrounds I’d play rated with my “Alliance” teammates, not with mercenary horde scum in my team.

1 Like

WPvP is full random and has nothing to do with factios at all.

You just join a full stacked shard and you dominate either Battle of Nazjatar & Nazjatar Air Drop Crate or AoO weekly quests.

Maybe its different on RP shards,dunno.

1 Like

The bonus doesn’t change anything, same for the Call to arms weekly, people group cause it makes their life easier since they can forcibly shove out the other faction from the shard if they dont choose to retaliate with their own raid sized group. RP shard or not nothing changes, its just a clown fiesta raid group dictating the entire shard with their almighty power of using the LFG tool to phase in even more people into the shard they are currently in.

agreed.
the way to fix it people generally hate as it would need to semi disable the LFG tool in WM.

1 Like

So, in Alterac valley bg, the fact that there are PvE quests means that bg is not PvP?

WM on = PvP, says it right there on the toggle.

If a player chooses to enable WM and not take part in PvP, that’s up to them. Doesn’t mean it’s not a PvP mode. We are writing this in the PvP section of the forum ofc.

3 Likes

I’d personally prefer that, when I do PVP or any open world content really. Being able to see people from my own server, from my own b-tag and guild always for me puts a smile on my face 10 times over the odds of a random faceless nobody raid basically turning a 5 minute pvp fest into an hour of doing other content.

WM is cross realm, disabling lfg would not affect that.

Its not alliance, its pve mythic geared fully corrupted people in both sides that is ruining pvp.

They dont even need to have any knowledge about pvp skills, just sit in the middle, proc versa and spam chaos bolt.

Or be an immortal mistweaver.

Or why not a rogue fully stacked in damage corruption taking someone down from 100% to 0% in a stun?

I have turned WM off. Its impossible to do it solo. My anger has grown too much. Its not fun to almost take down a player and then corruption procs and defeats me.

I swear there will propably be a hotfix to versastacking or another hard corruption nerf soon.

There has been like 500 corruption nerfs already.

I GOT AN AMAZING IDEA: HOW ABOUT… you know… DISABLE THIS CRAP FROM PVP COMBAT?!

I turned on warmode to face danger, yes, danger as in killable players. Now I see a corruptionstacked mythic player and I just let go off my keyboard. Whats the point anyways.

Alterac valley was a BG mode with some Pve enabled(some of the quests and the like), back in the day where you would need some of the NPC’s to push into enemy lines, how it is now is because of how it worked back in the day, now if they should make some more reworks on it is a different matter but basicly it is a BG with some PvE enabled just like WM is a PvE mode with PvP enabled.

Yup, PvE with PvP. Therefore PvE rewards make perfect sense.