World PvP Problems

You are right. They are bunch of cowards

1 Like

ā€¦so why have WM on, if not purely for the bonus?

Itā€™s nice hanging around Elites waiting for my fair turn, sometimes Horde even /cheer me at the end & we all go our separate ways. Except that never happens.

Ganked at Flight Points, ganked at WQā€™s, ganked at Elitesā€¦ happens to the best of us. But it feels like itā€™s mainly Horde complaining about it.

WM (for all its faults) is pretty good.
Iā€™m in WoW to play with a PvE friend (WM off) & when theyā€™re offline Iā€™ll get my PvP fix in wpvp or BGā€™s. If Iā€™m forced into PvE or PvP, Iā€™d have to choose PvE to keep playing with my friend.

I donā€™t think AOO is as big of a problem as people make out. The reward isnā€™t that great & often I just havenā€™t picked up the quest.

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said.
Playing both sides I have seen it both from Alliance and Horde perspective and it is all so absolutely true.

I can tell that you only do everything listed above and that you are Alliance fanboy just by looking at your profileā€¦ Also do not take stuff out of context and link it as it really is not the right thing to do. We do the same cause we are annoyed. Imagine that. People are fine with stuff to some extent but when you say enough is enough then you most likely react like I did. OBV I got tilted by dying 10 times to corpse campers , who wouldnā€™t. I am not asking for a fair 100% balance, I am asking for a chance to fight back as currently I am not having any. People enter a game to feel like proud soldiers of Horder or Alliance, I do not enter it to feel like a f***ing NPC that is needed for someone to complete their questā€¦

You do realise that before Blizz added the AOO quest it was the Horde that were doing exactly what you are saying right? Blizz even admitted that there was a bug with their sharding that often put more Horde players than Alliance in one shard. This only exasperated the problem as more and more Alliance switched WM off due to the imbalance. One of the reasons AOO was added was trying to get these guys to turn WM back on and more Horde to turn off. Especially those Horde who had no interest in PVP but just wanted the free ride and of course the PVP perks that went with WM turned on.

So please donā€™t act like your Horde is the ohh so innocent party being constantly hounded by the big bad Alliance wolf. Region wise there is still more Horde PVPā€™ers than Alliance. The only thing I will agree that does need fixing is the RP realms. The Alliance dominate the Horde there and have a far greater numerical advantage, this should be reflected in the WM bonus and AOO quest.

If you donā€™t like it just turn WM off. Thatā€™s what the Horde players kept telling us before.

1 Like

Role Playing

1 Like

All of these happen to me regularly as an Alliance player.

3 Likes

Im quoting stuf the way i did to show up the hypocrisy in your post. It isnt pulled out of context, it isnt bend to compliment my cause. It is what youve had said in one post and i didnt changed a single thing in it. I dont wanna challenge your inteligence so i know you do understand what ive quoted and why and clearly see the issue. This was just a cheap attepmt of deffending it from your side.

What does my profile image had to do with it? I can do exactly the same bs as youā€¦can set on forum posting from my lvl 90 horde alt and say that i play both faction evenly and have to admit that " you horde players are biggest trash"ā€¦ wake up dude grass isnt more green on the other side of the fence. Also getting killed 10 times in open world scenario is a bit extreme and its only possible if u realy dont even try to escape.

2 Likes

Not taken out of context? U did not even consider the first part of the paragraph or what I wrote after, you just quoted the part "I joined the Horde raidā€™. You completely took I joined the raid out of context. I joined cause I felt like I deserved revenge. No I do not completely blame the quest for it, I also blame the fact that Alliance players are acting like children and have 0 ethical evaluation for anything around them, like u through ur comments/ Also escape? I AM A WARRIOR , I have a leap and a charge, that is pretty much it, + a DK just pulls me back in after my leap and in case I somehow get out of the grip DH literally flies down on me and makes it as impossible as it gets. Donā€™t call BS as it just makes u look stupid if a person is talking truthā€¦ which I am. If u want I can comment from my 120 alliance chars and u can see 'em.

PS. I got a level 120 DK on Alliance and 120 druid, trust me I am out in the world a lot and I do not get ganked as often on Alliance as horde. As a matter of fact in a last month I do not believe I got killed once on my druid and I did get killed a couple of times as DK. Meanwhile on my horde warrior I got killed 10 times in a span of 1 hour.

i really think each level bracket(battleground bracket) should have itā€™s own world phase in warmode,
therefore you will only see players within the same 10 level bracket as you - making pvp totally fair, disregarding twinks

I dont hate him. I cant hate someone who i know is 100% inferior to me in all aspects. I just dislike him because he is like a annoying bug, always comming to piss you off and bring stupid arguments. You know, when you are in your room, late night, in the summer time, with the windows open and the only light is comming from the monitor and suddently you see a annoying fly that buzzes in front of it? Yes, thats him.

Thats the difference i was talking about. We know when to ā€œdoā€ wpvp and when not. To spoil others people fun, just to annoy them, thats a sick behviour. I dont say that horde players dont do the same, but the ratio of players behaving like that is higher, much,much higher at alliance side.

Why? Truth hurts?

Already tried. And when you are on alliance side, its 10x times easier: beside the bonuses you get, the examples i gaved above have applied in very few cases,compared to when i play as a horde. Again, i repeat, this is from my own experience. Maby when i play my horde main i am so unlucky to meet only scum alliance players and when i play alliance alt i am lucky to ā€œnot meetā€ so many horde scumsā€¦i dont knowā€¦but the testing was done and thats the result. I am sorry, this is who you are.

Because,beside the fact that i get the bonus (yes, only 10%, but its ok), i also like to pvp in open world. So with WM enabled, i get both. But there are some limits. Usually horde players dont atack lonely ally players unless they are provoked. When 2-3 horde players are in a wq zone and see a lonely ally doing the same wq, they leave him alone. They know that the fight would be 100% unfair and without any satisfaction, to thatswhy they dont atack him. That cant be said about ally players.
As i said above, this type of ā€œhonorā€ doesnt apply to all horde players, but a very high percentage of us behave like this. We also have our ā€œrotten tomatoesā€, but not as many as ally have.

I didnt complained. I just presented my experience. As i said above, my open world experience is quite high and i encountered many situation like the examples above. When i was in the other side, i didnt encountered so many situations.
Dont confuse sharing a opinion with a complain.

Now (today) it isnt. But when patch 8.1.5 started, that was a real boost for the alliance. To get a free 400 ilvl item while everyone else barely had a 390, that is a boost.

Where they admitted that?

And how is it that during AOO, this ā€œimbalanceā€ turned to be a advantage? Even now ,after countless AOO quests, extra bonus and so on, you still keep low numbers of players with WM on. Why?

You know that you lie yourself? Right? Everyone knows that the horde is orientated to PVE (thatswhy 80% of world firsts are made by horde and usually horde players have a average ilvl higher than alliance) and that alliance is orientated to PVP (we all know that 70-75% of BGā€™s are won by alliance, all good pvp-ers are mostly alliance,etc).

Ofcā€¦we the ā€œpve-ersā€ tell you ā€œpvp-ersā€ to keep WM offā€¦and you listen. Thank you for your obedience.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvG7VKwJb20

Ion admits there were challenges when BfA launched that often saw the Horde outnumber the Alliance. However by the time they fixed those most Alliance had turned WM off and more Horde were turning it on even though they had no intention of PVPing. It is question 2 of the interview.

Because the Horde still outnumbers the Alliance and thus still get the quest. If the Alliance outnumbered the Horde by 20% or so they would get the quest. You could argue the Alliance player base is either being clever and turning WM off so they get it again or they just turn it on to get the quest. I didnā€™t say it was perfect or even a valid solution but it is what it is. Blizzard admitted that since they fixed the initial sharding issue and introduced this quest the numbers have balanced more. This is true as region wise the Alliance used to get a 30% bonus now they only get 15 and 20%, so not perfect but definitely some success.

Please explain how I am lying? The reason the Alliance get the bonus and the quest in the first place is because there are more Horde with WM on. It really is that simple. High end world first and high end gaming is a poor judgement of actual overall gaming figures. Especially as only a small number of players do very high end competitive content.

What? All I am saying is if you donā€™t like being ganked than turn warmode off. Whether you are a PVEā€™er or a PVPā€™er whatever. Simply turn it off and either just do PVE or be a PVPā€™er who does the more balanced BG and Arenas.

2 Likes

MOM I NEED MORE POPCORN!

Whine more please, itā€™s funny :3

You referenced one of my arguments, letā€™s look at it logically.

1. There are no ethics rules in WPvP.
  2. Therefore being ethical is up to the individual player.
  3. Therefore players have no reason to follow other players made up rules, unless their RP guild insists.
  4. Therefore, anything goes. Outnumbering, ganking, camping - all are acceptable WPvP tactics.
  5. Therefore when players opted into WM, they accepted the consequences.
  6. Therefore, ā€œIf you do not wish to engage in PvP combat, do not activate War Mode.ā€ (Blizz)

You might disagree, fair enough. But tell me which parts are stupid? I want to learn from a superior being (sarcasm).

2 Likes

on the whole, warmode seems to bring 2 things:

1. large groups of people zerging the other faction.
  2. very low ilvl, or very high ilvl 120 players killing lowbies.

i dont get how a 410 player killing people in hellfire peninsula, or a 300 player interfering with people trying to lvl via legion invasions is true wpvp. it is mainly people who most likely cant kill people normally either at the same lvl, or without high lvl gear.

also lets get something straight, this happens on both sides. their are idiots/cowards/pathetic players on horde AND alliance who think its cool or fun to kill people 10-100 lvls lower than them. this is a problem with the mindset of the player, not the faction, or anything in the game.

what will happen in a lot of cases is people will get annoyed of this while lvling, and just turn off WM forever, even when they cap, because they remember the bad experience. this means less people in wpvp overall.

if it wasnā€™t for the incentives given with the buff, by now i would bet a large portion of players with WM on would have turned it off. good job lowbie gankers, youā€™ve reduced the number of people who would do WM cause you have to kill a lvl 60 with your 120. such a big boy.

the other big issue is sharding or whatever. having seen this from both factions, i can say with confidence that being alone while facing a MASSIVE group of the opposing faction happens on both sides, and often. this will contribute to people feeling its pointless in WM cause their faction is non existent.

True WPvPers never WM off, those are the ones that matter most in WM. The offers can stay off and WM benefits, they are the type to leave a group when the going gets tough.

Being outnumbered is normally just an LfG group or player distribution, not the shard balance. Anyone that sees being outnumbered as a problem for WM, is not a true WPvPer. Itā€™s what WPvPers are looking for - the enemy in sufficient numbers to have a fun battle.

3 Likes

i spose it comes down to ā€œwhat is wpvp?ā€ i like pvp, though bgā€™s rather than arena/1v1 as it is like a battle with objectives rather than whos class currently is op in a 3 second burst window, so with the announcement of BfA and WM i was interested and looking forward to trying wpvp for the pvp aspect, not the rewards. while initially it was ok, with teams of about equal size fighting each other, (usually about 5-10 on each side) it soon grew very boring as it basically turned into 40 man raids hunting down 2-3 players. and heaven help you if you are under 120.

so yeah, what is wpvp? if it is some 120 a$$ spam killing a lvl 60 and the quest npcs, while trying to quest, or 40 people camping a quest site where there are 2-3 of the opposite faction, then i think you can keep your wpvp and it sorta shows your mentality.

i dont think so as it happens so often, on both factions. also now you cant complete the quests in a raid group means this is even less likely. dont try to defend blizzards bad implementation of their tech.

again what is wpvp? and what do you deem sufficient numbers? anything more than 3v1 and you basically have no chance, and even then you have to be very good, and they have to be very bad, and class/spec makes a big difference. cause i dont consider 40v5 as a fun battle. if that doesnā€™t make me a pvper in your eyes, then iā€™ll stick to instanced where there is a real challenge.

What is WPvP? Itā€™s anything goes PvPā€¦ anything. Itā€™s not about even numbers, never has been since day one. Any tactic that achieves your goal is the right one.

Sufficient numbers depend on what the goal of a particular group is. For gank groups, overwhelming force is always optimal.

Some players try to impose their own rules, when there are none. WM is not a bg, itā€™s chaos. The best place to go for fair fights is a bg or arena, thatā€™s why the option is there to WM on or off.

WM sharding is imperfect. But it does the job. We have the potential for even fights, outnumbered, or the outnumberer. LfG can make up the numbers. Does it always work out? No. Canā€™t win em all.

1 Like

well, again, if thats the mentality it breeds outside of 120v120 combat, then im not surprised why not many people are keeping WM on outside the buff, or if theyā€™re alliance.

it will consume itself, and your explanation is a nice reminder why i should turn off WM the moment any alt hits 111 and never turn it back on.

wpvp in 8.2 new zones wont be comparable because there, everyone is 120, so its ā€œfairā€. the only issue then is blizzā€™s bad balancing, but then again we all know they cant balance a set of scales.

Your existence. I still cant comprehend how a ā€œaccidentā€ like you did happend. Maby you can explain us.

How is it called? Post traumatic disorder? awwwā€¦i am in tears nowā€¦you made me feel guilty for killing thoose newbies in Stormheim.

Regarding this topic i noticed a fact: at least in the last 3 months or so, since 8.1.5 launched, it seems that somehow, the game transfers alliance groups in dominant horde realms (my example is Twisting Nether). When i want to join a group to kill alliance, that realm is almost empty of alliance players. Its like the game tries to protect ally players from horde presence in their realms or something. Its odd. But the most annoying fact is that ally players many times phase out when they are near death (i dont know how they do it) and then after 10-15 sec they pop-up again with full hp.

True wPvPers never run away from a 1 v 1 fightā€¦brings some memories? Right? You are a true wpvp coward. That should be your right description. And please dont start again with : ā€œwhen i am leader i stay with group, bla bla, no rules, bla blaā€ . Alone you are 0. Only with group you do something, because you know that alone you are uncapable.

Soā€¦ you slag off my opinion saying itā€™s stupidā€¦ I lay my opinion out logically for you to critiqueā€¦ I ask you what parts are stupidā€¦ and you respond with:

Your existence. I still cant comprehend how a ā€œaccidentā€ like you did happend. Maby you can explain us.

One of us is more stupid than the other, that is for sure :slight_smile:

Like I said, anything goes in WPvP. Canā€™t win em all Arkamedix :slight_smile:

Fair enough, thatā€™s why thereā€™s a toggle.

2 Likes